Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosetta Stone Software

Rosetta Stone Software

Any ideas about Rosetta Stone Software?

Do you like it?

Everyone charges the exact same price. Is there any way to save money on it?

Es muy bien.

[QUOTE=Frank C Sec148;4063156]Es muy bien.[/QUOTE]

Gracias amigo!

Have someone burn you a copy off the net. My wife got the Spanish version for free.

[QUOTE=Mike D;4063161]Have someone burn you a copy off the net. My wife got the Spanish version for free.[/QUOTE]

How can that be done?

[QUOTE=Mike D;4063161]Have someone burn you a copy off the net. My wife got the Spanish version for free.[/QUOTE]

I believe Staples or Office Max carry the series. Just wear a baggy shirt and go into the store and stick a copy in your pants and run out.

Same thing.:yes:

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4063244]I believe Staples or Office Max carry the series. Just wear a baggy shirt and go into the store and stick a copy in your pants and run out.

Same thing.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm too busy to go to jail.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4063244]I believe Staples or Office Max carry the series. Just wear a baggy shirt and go into the store and stick a copy in your pants and run out.

Same thing.:yes:[/QUOTE]

You avatar is a copyrighted picture.

Why don't you walk in dudes house and take his DVD player while you're at it. Jesus. :nono:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4063273]You avatar is a copyrighted picture.

Why don't you walk in dudes house and take his DVD player while you're at it. Jesus. :nono:[/QUOTE]

lol...yeah...using a [B]possible[/B] copyrighted pic as an avatar on a message board is the same as illegal downloading of software on the net.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4063275]lol...yeah...using a [B]possible[/B] copyrighted pic as an avatar on a message board is the same as illegal downloading of software on the net.[/QUOTE]

I hope so for your sake. That is an Associated Press copyrighted photo and your use of it here is outside of what is considered "fair use".

You may want to consider either using a different, uncopyrighted photo or starting a legal defense fund for yourself.

:P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Frank C Sec148;4063156]Es muy bien.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4063158]Gracias amigo![/QUOTE]

damn, that s*** really works.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4063290]I hope so for your sake. That is an Associated Press copyrighted photo and your use of it here is outside of what is considered "fair use".

You may want to consider either using a different, uncopyrighted photo or starting a legal defense fund for yourself.

:P[/QUOTE]
    If we dropped a dime on him could JI be forced to give up his IP?

Frank C Sec148
    Banned

That was quick...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4063381]Frank C Sec148
    Banned

That was quick...[/QUOTE]

Yeah..WTF? I read only ONE post, what did he do?

RIP Frank C, we hardly knew ya.

Can anybody help with Info on Rosetta Stone?

Can anybody help with Info on Rosetta Stone?

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4063162]How can that be done?[/QUOTE]

Rosetta Stone allows people to download a free version of the Spanish tutorial. The instructions are on their website.

Unfortunately, the instructions are in Chinese. So, you have the purchase the Chinese package and master it before you can get the free Spanish software.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4063383]Yeah..WTF? I read only ONE post, what did he do?

RIP Frank C, we hardly knew ya.[/QUOTE]

Mods don't appreciate friendly roadside compliments.

Hall Of Fame
    The choice is buy it or steal it. The chances of actually getting caught stealing it are probably pretty low but it is up to your own conscience if you are willing to go that route and deprive the content creators of their rightful royalties.

I doubt people here are going give you a point by point roadmap of how to go about it but that information is fairly widely known. One thing to consider is that warez sites have been known to contain some real nasties in the virus department and so if you decide to go that route you should understand that there are risks involved.

I did a quick check on the deal sites and coupons from the Rosetta Stone people were available around 200 days ago. In other words they are highly infrequesnt.

You might also check Craigs List (quite a few) or Ebay (very few) for legit used copies.

[QUOTE=EM31;4063466]The choice is buy it or steal it. The chances of actually getting caught stealing it are probably pretty low but it is up to your own conscience if you are willing to go that route and deprive the content creators of their rightful royalties.

I doubt people here are going give you a point by point roadmap of how to go about it but that information is fairly widely known. One thing to consider is that warez sites have been known to contain some real nasties in the virus department and so if you decide to go that route you should understand that there are risks involved.

I did a quick check on the deal sites and coupons from the Rosetta Stone people were available around 200 days ago. In other words they are highly infrequesnt.

You might also check Craigs List (quite a few) or Ebay (very few) for legit used copies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This was the type of help that I was looking for.

I'm not looking for the illegal copies, I have seen warnings about the viruses assoctated with those. I was hoping for a coupon or promo, but like you said, they seem to be very infrequent.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4063399]Can anybody help with Info on Rosetta Stone?[/QUOTE]

Which version are you looking for and what is the best price you have found?
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 07-18-2011 at 03:37 PM.