Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL.com video - Kyle Wilson a bust?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Darrelle Revis wasn't half the player he is now as a rookie. The vast majority of CBs do not play well in their first season, despite what the Chowda-heads in New England say.

That being said, hopefully Kyle has gotten better at the "moment of truth" and will be able to deflect/make plays on the ball upon arrival. If he improves on that, then the guy can be a starter; if not, he becomes Justin Miller part deux.

If Revis doesn't hold out last year, Kyle learns the nickel and nickel only from the get go. Instead, he went from playing his natural outside position for 90% of Training Camp to all of a sudden playing on the inside a week before the season opener.

For now, I'm reserving judgment on #20 until we see some TC/Preseason. We'll see how much he's improved.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides QB, CB is the hardest position in the NFL to play. Give the guy some time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's still early yet but ,
    after one season;
    NOT so good :(

cheers ~ ~
    [img]http://seahawkblue.com/images/smilies/animated/party-073.gif[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    c'mon, anyone think that mccourtey will do better this season than last? i sure don't. sometimes players just luck into ints. look at guys like darius butler? he stunk it up in the first patsie game was also came on strong the rest of the season. he didn't change much. it's all the little things.

obviously wilson didn't do as well as he should have coming out of the box. i'm sure he was more than a bit distracted by the whole revis hold out and never got his head squared away. give him time before giving him the axe.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last season Mr. Wilson could not cover Dennis the menace.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BarneyFife;4063424]Kyle Wilson is not a bust...he's only played 1 season. Rex's defensive playbook isn't exactly a coloring book. Give this kid some time to develop.[/QUOTE]

Please STOP being the voice of reason. Some of these boo birds might learn something! To call a player a bust after one season is utterly ridiculous. Every kid drafted should get at least three years to prove his worth. Not every player is great right out of the chute. Some kids develop slower then others. Of couse the usual pundits and arm chair GMs who enjoy the illusion of knowing- it- all, might disagree. I wonder why these guys are not currently paid GMs on NFL teams. They write like they think they know more then guys like Mr.T who gets paid to know what he is doing. Nobody is perfect except our resident know-it-alls.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4063365]They were basically [B]making fun[/B] of retarded Jets fans that call players a bust after 1 season.[/QUOTE]yes, that seemed to be exactly what they were doing.. they goofed on our fan base's ability/skill to jump ship on rookies..

i think wilson will be fine BTW.. smart, tough kid with legit talent..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lose Vernon Ghoston and now we need to find a BUST to replace him already?

Come on fellow Jets fans.

The Bust has left the team.
    Lets see what Kyle does this year. DB's are usually a proud group and are always working at getting better.

Lets see what happens.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to let jets fans know while this is going on kw is training. Enjoy the season.fairweather fans continue blogging in your underwear.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=surviveone;4063723]Just wanted to let jets fans know while this is going on kw is training. Enjoy the season.fairweather fans continue blogging in your underwear.[/QUOTE]

We can only hope ... Maybe schotty has taken up cartography to let him know where the ball is! ;-)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]fairweather fans continue blogging in your underwear. [/QUOTE]

Who said I am wearing underwear?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please. He wasn't even close to the worst CB taken in the 2010 1st round in terms of coverage stats. Kareem Jackson was historically bad.

[code] Tar Rec% YPC TD INT PD Rating
    Wilson 41 48.8% 12.4 1 0 6 76.1
    Jackson 86 66.3% 16.2 5 2 6 111.8[/code]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4063677]Please STOP being the voice of reason. Some of these boo birds might learn something! To call a player a bust after one season is utterly ridiculous. Every kid drafted should get at least three years to prove his worth. Not every player is great right out of the chute. Some kids develop slower then others. Of couse the usual pundits and arm chair GMs who enjoy the illusion of knowing- it- all, might disagree. I wonder why these guys are not currently paid GMs on NFL teams. They write like they think they know more then guys like Mr.T who gets paid to know what he is doing. Nobody is perfect except our resident know-it-alls.[/QUOTE]

+1000 Calling this guy a bust after one season (he actually wasn't that bad) seems premature and migsuided. I'll wait to see more of him this season, and by recent accounts Sanchize's TC camp interview IIRC he said that Wilson has been a standout

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4063371]After 1 year, he is a total bust. He was the worst cb I have ever seen play in the national football league. He couldnt cover anyone, he couldnt find the football, no feeling of when to get his head around and look for the ball etc etc etc.

He was that awful. it was embarassing watching him.

Hopefully, he will turn it around this year.[/QUOTE]

I am afraid I agree. He looked like a little kid with long hair running around chasing the grown ups.