Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com video - Kyle Wilson a bust?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL.com video - Kyle Wilson a bust?

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820d20b0/article/powerhouse-patriots-should-continue-to-contend-in-afc?module=HP11_cp[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were basically making fun of retarded Jets fans that call players a bust after 1 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 1 year, he is a total bust. He was the worst cb I have ever seen play in the national football league. He couldnt cover anyone, he couldnt find the football, no feeling of when to get his head around and look for the ball etc etc etc.

He was that awful. it was embarassing watching him.

Hopefully, he will turn it around this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bust? After one season?

While he did struggle, especially in the begining of the season his main problem was getting his head turned around and finding the ball in time, something that is expected as a rookie as they are getting adjusted to the speed of the game. Add in the fact that playing in this scheme is very demanding on a CB, alot of one on one coverage, playing opposite of pro bowl caliber CBs in Revis and Cro, its a given he was going to make mistakes and get beat as a rookie.

I expect Wilson to make solid improvements this year and by his 3rd year be at the [B]VERY LEAST[/B] a solid to good starting CB in the NFL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4063362][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820d20b0/article/powerhouse-patriots-should-continue-to-contend-in-afc?module=HP11_cp[/url][/QUOTE]

How could he not be? Everything he does is just mentally WRONG.

How did we ever get the scouting so wrong on this guy?

Perhaps we were only focused on the Rutgers dude who wound up on the Pats? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;4063388]I expect Wilson to make solid improvements this year and by his 3rd year be at the [B]VERY LEAST[/B] a solid to good starting CB in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Based on what? Give me one stat or a single play to indicate hope for this guy - please. TY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not forget he got benched punt returning as well.

He rookie season was a complete an utter disaster.

I hope he turns it around but i am not expecting much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4063392]Based on what? Give me one stat or a single play to indicate hope for this guy - please. TY[/QUOTE]

There are no stats (especially for a position like CB) that can tell anyone that, it is what I saw with my eyes.

Look at the Ravens game for example, he had very good position on vets like TJ most of the night in 1 on 1 situations, he just didnt get his head around in time to make a play on the ball, that should come in time as he plays more and the game slows down for him.

Its fine if you dont think he will or dont agree, but IMO from what I have seen alot of his mistakes are correctable and are normal for the majority of rookie CBs, I expect to see solid improvement this season and by next year he should be a solid starter for us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle Wilson is not a bust...he's only played 1 season. Rex's defensive playbook isn't exactly a coloring book. Give this kid some time to develop.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BarneyFife;4063424]Kyle Wilson is not a bust...he's only played 1 season. Rex's defensive playbook isn't exactly a coloring book. Give this kid some time to develop.[/QUOTE]

he's a bust so far. maybe he'll turn it around, but for now....busted.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4063429]he's a bust so far. maybe he'll turn it around, but for now....busted.[/QUOTE]
    That's ridiculous.

If he hasn't shown any improvement by year 3...then I'll agree. But after 1 year? C'mon now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was drafted to help us at corner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.) He also was supposed to be our punt returner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.)

but he is not a bust so far?????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4063452]He was drafted to help us at corner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.) He also was supposed to be our punt returner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.)

but he is not a bust so far?????[/QUOTE]
    Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs and led the Colts to a 3-13 record in his rookie season....I guess Peyton should've been labeled a bust too. :rolleyes:

Give Kyle some time to develop.

This "OH GAWD, HE'S A BUST" talk after 1 season is a tad narrow-minded.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4063452]He was drafted to help us at corner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.) He also was supposed to be our punt returner(which he was terrible at and got demoted.)

but he is not a bust so far?????[/QUOTE]

Wilson had a disappointing first year. Calling any player a bust or a "bust so far" after one year shows zero understanding of player development. Many NFL players take 2-3 years before making a big impact.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4063464]Wilson had a disappointing first year. Calling any player a bust or a "bust so far" after one year shows zero understanding of player development. Many NFL players take 2-3 years before making a big impact.[/QUOTE]
    someone finally "gets" it. :)

*standing ovation*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4063464]Wilson had a disappointing first year. Calling any player a bust or a "bust so far" after one year shows zero understanding of player development. Many NFL players take 2-3 years before making a big impact.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BarneyFife;4063457] [B]Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs [/B]and led the Colts to a 3-13 record in his rookie season....I guess Peyton should've been labeled a bust too. :rolleyes:

Give Kyle some time to develop.

This "OH GAWD, HE'S A BUST" talk after 1 season is a tad narrow-minded.[/QUOTE]

Yep but he also had 26 tds..:yes: 1 season is to soon to call anyone a bust.. If he shows no improvement this year he may be headed to Ghost town to keep Vern company..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4063486]Yep but he also had 26 tds..:yes: 1 season is to soon to call anyone a bust.. If he shows no improvement this year he may be headed to Ghost town to keep Vern company..[/QUOTE]
    yes, I understand he threw 26TDs as well.....but in his first year, the negatives outweighed the positives....and the point I was trying to get across was that it's way too early to throw in the towel on his career.

Like some in this thread want to with Kyle Wilson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4063371]
    He was that awful. it was embarassing watching him.

Hopefully, he will turn it around this year.[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if he was the worst cb I've ever seen - but he was a disaster.

He was drafted to contribute immediately. We had other needs that could have been addressed.

Not only did he not contribute but he was a weak link at all times and never showed a lick of improvement.

At this point, it's I HOPE he turns it around, and not I THINK he will.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4063495]I don't know if he was the worst cb I've ever seen - but he was a disaster.

He was drafted to contribute immediately. We had other needs that could have been addressed.

Not only did he not contribute but he was a weak link at all times and [B]never showed a lick of improvement[/B].

At this point, it's I HOPE he turns it around, and not I THINK he will.[/QUOTE]

Please rewatch Wilson vs. Stevie Johnson.