Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2 tonight

U2 tonight

Anyone going? I am going to be in Lot L with a American flag over a Jet flag set up. Only 4 of us, but plan on corn hole and beer pong.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;4064280]Anyone going? I am going to be in Lot L with a American [B]flag [/B]over a Jet [B]flag [/B]set up. Only 4 of us, but plan on corn hole and beer pong.[/QUOTE]

Hence, Flagman. :D

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;4064280]Anyone going? I am going to be in Lot L with a American flag over a Jet flag set up. Only 4 of us, but plan on corn hole and beer pong.[/QUOTE]

Cornhole? If it's a foursome, you need to consider oral too methinks, especially in this weather.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4064298]Cornhole? If it's a foursome, you need to consider oral too methinks, especially in this weather.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Very funny, you going?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;4064304]Very funny, you going?[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they were playing. At NMS or Yankee Stadium?

SAR I

Went last week in philly..checking for tix right now..

[QUOTE=SAR I;4064305]Didn't know they were playing. At NMS or Yankee Stadium?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

NMS - AKA Jets Stadium

Hall Of Fame
    Oh, yeah. Had tix since last year when Bobo had his surgery.

Probably going to Jerry's beforehand for dinner.

Can not wait. Cranked U2 all the way home from RI this am :yes:

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4064428]Oh, yeah. Had tix since last year when Bobo had his surgery.

Probably going to Jerry's beforehand for dinner.

Can not wait. Cranked U2 all the way home from RI this am :yes:

_[/QUOTE]

swing by if you see the flags. Should be a great show!

All League
    saw them about a month back in Denver, killer stage and light show. You guys will have a great time, cheers!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4064469]saw them about a month back in Denver, killer stage and light show. You guys will have a great time, cheers![/QUOTE]

I have the last 3 shows set lists, am putting all of the songs as a playlist on my Ipod for the inevitable bottle of vino in the parking lot before the show. :yes:

_

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;4064395]NMS - AKA Jets Stadium[/QUOTE]

I'm as big a U2 fan as there gets, but I'm just not into live concerts anymore. Not sure why I've outgrown them, but I just can't get excited about seeing bands in person anymore when it used to be something very important to me.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4064504]I'm as big a U2 fan as there gets, but I'm just not into live concerts anymore. Not sure why I've outgrown them, but I just can't get excited about seeing bands in person anymore when it used to be something very important to me.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

going to be a hot one tonight, but at least I get a small, but brief tailgate in tonight. FYI: got these tix from being a PSL holder and getting first dibs when the tix went one sale.

Hall Of Fame
    Leaving now for U2. My favorite rock band of all time.

Would love to hear these 3 :yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIt-oml0MLo[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDBV6VX3fc[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTd_irMT768&feature=fvst[/url]

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Hall Of Fame
    Great great show. They may not be to everyone's liking, but for me they are the greatest rock band ever- none better. The set was monstrous, the light show spectacular and the music was just classic U2.

They had video of the astronauts in the Space station and the Commander spoke/sang some of the words to Beatiful Day/Space Oddity--very cool. Someone handed Bono a poster about Clarance and that was a nice moment, he also played a snippet from The Promised Land in tribute.

95,000 packed to the rafters, must be an incredible feeling having all those voices singing your songs all in unison.

We had front row in the "Upper Primes" side stage so we had a great view (a friend bought a row of them last year before PSLs). Here's what the set looked like.

Really a great show.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/U2-1.jpg[/IMG]

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4065053]Great great show. They may not be to everyone's liking, but for me they are the greatest rock band ever- none better. The set was monstrous, the light show spectacular and the music was just classic U2.

They had video of the astronauts in the Space station and the Commander spoke/sang some of the words to Beatiful Day/Space Oddity--very cool. Someone handed Bono a poster about Clarance and that was a nice moment, he also played a snippet from The Promised Land in tribute.

95,000 packed to the rafters, must be an incredible feeling having all those voices singing your songs all in unison.

We had front row in the "Upper Primes" side stage so we had a great view (a friend bought a row of them last year before PSLs). Here's what the set looked like.

Really a great show.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/U2-1.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Stokes, couldnt make it last night, but caught their show in Philly last week..the jumbotron is unlike anything I have ever seen, the lighting was awesome as well. Unbelievable when a whole stadium is singing along. They always put on a great show.

I believe they over-sold the **** out of GA, but I had a good time.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Saw them at the old meadowlands last go-around and then in Rome last Fall.

They never fail to deliver live.

BTW - They definitely got their money's morth with that stage. Is this year 3 with that thing?

Great show and that stage was huge. I have to guess that was the record for the most people in attendance.