Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Modern Warfare 3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Modern Warfare 3

Who's getting it on Nov 8?

I'm a MW2 fan, so I'll pick one up.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xL5Tz7VUk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xL5Tz7VUk[/URL]

Also, who quick scopes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Battlefield 3 looks to be owning this fall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrrAp1blaM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrrAp1blaM[/URL]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4064575]Battlefield 3 looks to be owning this fall.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 3 looks like a new game. MW3 looks like the same game we've seen for the last 6 years.

That said, the shooter I really want is Borderlands 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All "actual in game graphics" videos of Battlefield 3 are shown on a PC, not a console at 60fps.

Keep that in mind if you're getting B3 on your PS3 or XBox...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4064575]Battlefield 3 looks to be owning this fall.[/QUOTE]

+1

All of the Call of Duty games for the past 5 years or so have been basically identical. The only difference I really noticed between Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops was the little RC Car you could use as a perk online.

That's it.

It's like Madden in recent years. They just keep pushing out the same crap with minor, barely noticeable improvements and expect you to pay $60 for it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4064568]Who's getting it on Nov 8?[/quote]

Don't know if it will be the date of release but definitely pick it up the week of. Already pre-ordered...

[quote]Also, who quick scopes?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the level. But yeah, I do it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsVault03;4064594]Battlefield 3 looks like a new game. MW3 looks like the same game we've seen for the last 6 years.

That said, the shooter I really want is Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4064623]+1

All of the Call of Duty games for the past 5 years or so have been basically identical. The only difference I really noticed between Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops was the little RC Car you could use as a perk online.

That's it.
    [/QUOTE]

Shot in the dark but neither of you have likely ever played more than a few hours on either game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4064644]Shot in the dark but neither of you have likely ever played more than a few hours on either game.[/QUOTE]

Shot in the dark and miss. I've played MW2 for a substantial amount of time online... It's [I]cute[/I]

My name in Battlefield Bad company 2 has reputation. I'm out there grindin' and let'em know.

No comparison in my books. Once a a fence off little barn of enemies chasing the k/D ratios.. the other's an actual map. Like bigger than a shoebox. Tanks. Helicopters. Squads with medics, engineers and sh*t,

to each their own... but BF3 is gonna be the tits.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4064642]Don't know if it will be the date of release but definitely pick it up the week of. Already pre-ordered...

Depends on the level. But yeah, I do it.[/QUOTE]

Cool. [URL="http://mw3f.com/2011/02/modern-warfare-3-release-date/"]Nov 8 it is![/URL]

I've been QSing for a while now. It's fun.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4064644]Shot in the dark but neither of you have likely ever played more than a few hours on either game.[/QUOTE]

Technically, no one has played either MW3 or BF3.

Truthfully, I just don't trust that MW3 will be at the quality of MW1/2 mainly because all of the leads for the development team left the studio after Activision started to sue them.

It's a moot point anyway. This winter is about Skyrim, and nothing else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4064681]Shot in the dark and miss. [/QUOTE]

Pretty tough to miss since I wasn't speaking to you...

Since you seem like a MW hater and a BF fanboy (I play both) I'll just leave you to your [SIZE="1"]digital [/SIZE]illusions...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4064754]Pretty tough to miss since I wasn't speaking to you...

Since you seem like a MW hater and a BF fanboy (I play both) I'll just leave you to your [SIZE="1"]digital [/SIZE]illusions...[/QUOTE]

+1

Should've seen this BF fanboy from a mile away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I played the sh*t out of Black Ops when I first got it.

Got up to level 48....and then what is there to do really? You've unlocked all the weapons. You've played every tiny damn map countless times.

It's an arcadey, run and gun shooter where next to no strategy is really needed. All of the COD games are like that.

I thought Battlefield 2 was awesome because it just felt more realistic. That run and gun sh*t will get you nailed in a heartbeat. You actually have to strategize and use teamwork and complete objectives. Being able to use vehicles doesn't hurt either.

The thing that really stands out to me is that the Battlefield series continues to make improvements and take some new chances.

If you prefer the Call of Duty series and more of the same old, same old...then more power to you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4064754]Pretty tough to miss since I wasn't speaking to you...

Since you seem like a MW hater and a BF fanboy (I play both) I'll just leave you to your [SIZE="1"]digital [/SIZE]illusions...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4064766]+1

Should've seen this BF fanboy from a mile away.[/QUOTE]

The fck are you two talking about? I said I owned and played MW2. And then i said i prefer the BF - bc2 for such and such reasons.

Fanboy? Gimme a break. By that measurement anyone who's played both games and prefers the strategic one is a fanboy. Gay.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4064857]
    Got up to level 48....and then what is there to do really? You've unlocked all the weapons. [B]You've played every tiny damn map countless times.[/B]

It's an arcadey, run and gun shooter where next to no strategy is really needed. All of the COD games are like that.

I thought Battlefield 2 was awesome because it just felt more realistic. [B]That run and gun sh*t will get you nailed in a heartbeat. [/B]You actually have to strategize and use teamwork and complete objectives. Being able to use vehicles doesn't hurt either.
    .[/QUOTE]

A-fcking-men.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few points.

Both games are entirely different. Comparing them is apples and oranges.

Black Ops does not equal Modern Warefare. Not sure why compare?

Modern Warefare needed to up the dependancy for team continuity so they'll release team perks in 3.

Regardless, you're talking about a game where you need to rely on others to accomplish something.

While it may be more of a true gamer set, MW3 is built to log in, eff some people up and log off. That's what FPS were meant for from the very beginning... If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.

If they found a way to alliviate half the camping, introduced team perks like they say they're going to and keep 12 year olds from running a muck on chat, they'll not only outsell BF on the consoles, they'll destroy them.

That by the way, has absolutely no bering on what game is better. Again, I like both.

But to continually dismiss a game that continues to break records is hilarious. 98% of casual gamers had no idea BF existed until the release of BC2.

Whatareyagonnado?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4064605]All "actual in game graphics" videos of Battlefield 3 are shown on a PC, not a console at 60fps.

Keep that in mind if you're getting B3 on your PS3 or XBox...[/QUOTE]

They showed the PS3 console footage on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZT-lok_rg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZT-lok_rg[/URL]

And I've played some of BF3; they sent out Alpha invites this past week (doesn't hurt that the SO has an in with EA/DICE) :D

As an aside: the Battlefield 3 beta (which is public) comes out in late August/early September.

Edit: the footage shown on the Kimmel show is pre-alpha (textures, and models aren't in their final state), and there has to be lots of optimizing that needs to be completed before release.
    Last edited by Schadenfreude; 07-25-2011 at 08:31 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4065223]Few points.

Both games are entirely different. Comparing them is apples and oranges.

Black Ops does not equal Modern Warefare. Not sure why compare?

Modern Warefare needed to up the dependancy for team continuity so they'll release team perks in 3.

Regardless, you're talking about a game where you need to rely on others to accomplish something.

While it may be more of a true gamer set, MW3 is built to log in, eff some people up and log off. That's what FPS were meant for from the very beginning... If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.

If they found a way to alliviate half the camping, introduced team perks like they say they're going to and keep 12 year olds from running a muck on chat, they'll not only outsell BF on the consoles, they'll destroy them.

That by the way, has absolutely no bering on what game is better. Again, I like both.

But to continually dismiss a game that continues to break records is hilarious. 98% of casual gamers had no idea BF existed until the release of BC2.

Whatareyagonnado?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are two different games that key on different set of points. Personally i think it's comparing a bottle of Jack Daniels to that of 18 year old Scotch... they both have their place, but one's clearly a richer experience.

But that's just me.

Let me say this. Battlefield was always a computer franchise. It's only recently made some headway in the console department. You say some people haven't heard of it - that's because there's was nothing much to hear.

Battlefield has a strong and solid following and team that's worked on that franchise. MW has been a mess - from hiring 2 different developers to all the other crap thats gone on. But they found a style of gameplay to cater to ADD-America and they're breaking bread on that concept now..

...but just like the Medal of honor franchise (which the first C.O.D. ripped off good), they'll over-crank out sequels, over dilute the material, and eventually fade out. Battlefield will always be around. Battlefield 1942? amazing. Vientnam? Lost girlfriends over that sh*t. Battlefield 2? groundbreaking. Battlefield 3? The new standard.

Here's a new video of the multi-player action comin' up.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBjBy5OOFY[/url]
    Last edited by Paradis; 07-25-2011 at 11:25 AM.