Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man reboot

All Pro

Spider-Man reboot

Hollywood just keeps selling the same sh*t over and over again.

Amazing Spider-Man teaser trailer:

[url]http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/moviefone/the-amazing-spider-man-trailer-no-1/1067706881001[/url]

[QUOTE=RageATL;4064806]Hollywood just keeps selling the same sh*t over and over again.

Amazing Spider-Man teaser trailer:

[url]http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/moviefone/the-amazing-spider-man-trailer-no-1/1067706881001[/url][/QUOTE]

Why are they re-making Spiderman? WTF? :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    The villian is a lizard so it will go in a different direction. It looks a little darker as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4064814]Why are they re-making Spiderman? WTF? :huh:[/QUOTE]

This is actually a smart thing they are doing. The Spiderman franchise suffered from the same thing the first run of Batmans did, too much too soon. Too many villains, too much glossing over important character-building story arcs etc. These are extremely complex characters, even if you exclude the canon of their multi-decades existence. If you want a campy superhero, go right ahead and model your next franchise on the two I mentioned. If you want something that will carry on for awhile, flesh out the characters.:yes:

All Pro
    How anyone could watch that trailer and think it's above any of the direct to video piles sh*t out there... is beyond me.

For real? Not even 10 years later - and i gotta see parker get biten by a spider again? Uncle fuking ben??

Jesus Christ.

[QUOTE=Paradis;4064847]How anyone could watch that trailer and think it's above any of the direct to video piles sh*t out there... is beyond me.

For real? Not even 10 years later - and i gotta see parker get biten by a spider again? Uncle fuking ben??

Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

+1, you gotta be kidding

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4064847]How anyone could watch that trailer and think it's above any of the direct to video piles sh*t out there... is beyond me.

Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

Ok so you don't like it, don't watch it....as for me I'll be lining up at the first showing...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4064820]It looks a little darker as well.[/QUOTE]

LOL

In what way, exactly?

All League
    Hollywood wouldn't know what an original thought looks like

I bet you that it's about a nice, smart young kid who gets bit by a radioactive spider, gets superpowers, ends up with a girl called Mary Jane, and becomes a superhero called "Spiderman".

Just a hunch.

P.S. He climbs up walls.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4064897]Hollywood wouldn't know what an original thought looks like[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I heard they're remaking Total Recall with Colin Farrell playing Arnold's character. Garbage.

Jets Insider VIP

Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

+1
    '02 was the first movie, and they're already doing a reboot? dumasses

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4064880]Ok so you don't like it, don't watch it....as for me I'll be lining up at the first showing...[/QUOTE]

Or maybe I'll do one worse. Maybe i'll go to the threatre and take a sh*t in my seat - stink up the joint... cause that's what hollywood deserves for this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4065005]Or maybe I'll do one worse. Maybe i'll go to the threatre and take a sh*t in my seat - stink up the joint... cause that's what hollywood deserves for this.[/QUOTE]

there's been numerous redo's of comic book characters penned under different cartoonists and editors - this is just another take on the character

I for one like the story and like comic books I'll gladly revisit them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4064947]Exactly. I heard they're remaking Total Recall with Colin Farrell playing Arnold's character. Garbage.[/QUOTE]

They just remade Conan with some douche who looks scrawny as hell compared to Arnold.

Hollywood doesn't have a single original idea left.

...die casted when the tobey maguire experiment came to an end...those Spidermans were horrible by the way...so they start all over again...jeez...enough already...

[QUOTE=Paradis;4065005]Or maybe I'll do one worse. Maybe i'll go to the threatre and take a sh*t in my seat - stink up the joint... cause that's what hollywood deserves for this.[/QUOTE]

Which fake mustache would be appropriate to wear whilst performing such an act?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4065057]They just remade Conan with some douche who looks scrawny as hell compared to Arnold.

Hollywood doesn't have a single original idea left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got annoyed when i saw the trailer for that. But Total Recall being redone really pisses me off. It's my favorite Arnold flick.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4065079]Which fake mustache would be appropriate to wear whilst performing such an act?[/QUOTE]

Good question.

There's one i've been looking for since the beginning - its a long stachio, or recently coined "Grohlstache"... I feel that one would present my feelings accurately

[IMG]http://www.losanjealous.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/grohlstache.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4065057]They just remade Conan with some douche who looks scrawny as hell compared to Arnold.

Hollywood doesn't have a single original idea left.[/QUOTE]

Scrawny? Khol may not be Mr. Olympia, but he is a pretty imposing dude. Plus, he looks a lot more like the Conan character in the comics.