Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F--- it. Today I strike back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

F--- it. Today I strike back.

The wife has always busted my balls that I'm too overconcerned about being a considerate neighbor. It's just the way I was brought up -- I don't want to be "that guy" who is inconsiderate or a nuisance or a pain in the ass neighbor.

Well after years of seeing my various doosh neighbors park their sh-tmobiles in front of my house...allowing their lawn sprinklers to douse my driveway (and cars) every morning...never pruning their POS sourgum tree that starts shedding its leaves and pricklyballs all over my lawn (and pool) in f-cking MAY...etc etc etc...I decided I don't give a f--- anymore about annoying my neighbors. To kick off my new IDGAFAM mindset, I bought my 15-year old son the drum set he's been wanting since he started taking lessons earlier this year. He's ecstatic, and you can hear those goddamn things 5 houses away.

So to my neighbors: ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER YOU DOOSHES.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4065262]The wife has always busted my balls that I'm too overconcerned about being a considerate neighbor. It's just the way I was brought up -- I don't want to be "that guy" who is inconsiderate or a nuisance or a pain in the ass neighbor.

Well after years of seeing my various doosh neighbors park their sh-tmobiles in front of my house...allowing their lawn sprinklers to douse my driveway (and cars) every morning...never pruning their POS sourgum tree that starts shedding its leaves and pricklyballs all over my lawn (and pool) in f-cking MAY...etc etc etc...I decided I don't give a f--- anymore about annoying my neighbors. To kick off my new IDGAFAM mindset, I bought my 15-year old son the drum set he's been wanting since he started taking lessons earlier this year. He's ecstatic, and you can hear those goddamn things 5 houses away.

So to my neighbors: ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER YOU DOOSHES.[/QUOTE]

How can you afford a house on LI if you work at the sunrise mall???;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Common, be considerate,:drummer: man....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4065262]The wife has always busted my balls that I'm too overconcerned about being a considerate neighbor. It's just the way I was brought up -- I don't want to be "that guy" who is inconsiderate or a nuisance or a pain in the ass neighbor.

Sweet. What kind of a kit did you buy him?

Get him a double bass pedal and a china cymbal to top it off. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4065291]Sweet. What kind of a kit did you buy him?

Get him a double bass pedal and a china cymbal to top it off. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Got him TAMA Swingstar. His drum teacher recommended it for his level and the price was decent -- a little more than $500. He can beat the hell out of these for a couple of years and then we'll start looking at Ludwigs or some other step up

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4065308]Got him TAMA Swingstar. His drum teacher recommended it for his level and the price was decent -- a little more than $500. He can beat the hell out of these for a couple of years and then we'll start looking at Ludwigs or some other step up[/QUOTE]

This thread has potential. Let's not turn it into another crappy music thread. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://thefunctionalgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/picard-facepalm-1.jpg[/IMG]

Do you realise what you've done? Not only have you pissed off the neighbors, you've also just pissed off yourself! Give it two days, and you'll be sick of hearing the drums, too.

:shakehead

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4065308]Got him TAMA Swingstar. His drum teacher recommended it for his level and the price was decent -- a little more than $500. He can beat the hell out of these for a couple of years and then we'll start looking at Ludwigs or some other step up[/QUOTE]

Actually, Swingstars are a pretty decent set. You upgrade the cymbals and he can bang on that kit for quite some time. The quality of the toms in the Swingstar kits are quite surprising :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4065317]Actually, Swingstars are a pretty decent set. You upgrade the cymbals and he can bang on that kit for quite some time. The quality of the toms in the Swingstar kits are quite surprising :yes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the cymbals actually do seem a bit crappy to me. The first thing I said when he started playing was "we gotta get you some Zildjians..."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;4065316][IMG]http://thefunctionalgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/picard-facepalm-1.jpg[/IMG]

Do you realise what you've done? Not only have you pissed off the neighbors, you've also just pissed off yourself! Give it two days, and you'll be sick of hearing the drums, too.

:shakehead[/QUOTE]

Nah, took it into consideration. If it's starts getting to me I'll just plug in my bass and start jamming with him. He's also cool with knowing when's a good time and when's not.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Drums? Really?

I thought your post would end with you lighting their dog on fire or pouring battery acid into their prized cherry tree.... something over the top.

You obviously suck at being an inconsiderate neighbor.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

when's the big all-night-party-before-a-work-day? I love those. :mad:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4065335]Drums? Really?

I thought your post would end with you lighting their dog on fire or pouring battery acid into their prized cherry tree.... something over the top.

You obviously suck at being an inconsiderate neighbor.[/QUOTE]

Give him a minute...he's obviously out networking, trying to find 15 year old Japanese punk chicks that want to play Ramones covers all night and day...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4065360]Give him a minute...he's obviously out networking, trying to find 15 year old Japanese punk chicks that want to play Ramones covers all night and day...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFQ-FJTAvM&feature=player_embedded#at=15[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choice -- and price. That was my first kit as well . . . but I paid $680 for it as a broke high school student in the 1980's. :O

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4065262]He's ecstatic, and you can hear those goddamn things 5 houses away.

Wait, so you don't think that your kid banging on drums all night and day isn't going to annoy that sh*t out of YOURSELF??

Okay then.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4065396]Wait, so you don't think that your kid banging on drums all night and day isn't going to annoy that sh*t out of YOURSELF??

Okay then.[/QUOTE]

Actually the acoustics work out great. I can barely hear him 1 floor below (floor/ceiling was soundproofed from when there used to be renters up there), and can't hear him at all 2 floors below, where my mancave is and where I spend a decent amount of my time when I'm home. But outside, you can hear those suckers loud and clear.

As for this being a lame attempt at pissing off the neighbors, it's Chinese water torture my friend. A dog can only die once. A bass drum riff annoys you day after day after day. I'm good with my approach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're a good dad

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4065367][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFQ-FJTAvM&feature=player_embedded#at=15[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/wco33/2623434tXieT8iA.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard mockingbirds are a pain in the ass.