Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oslo Bombing

Hall Of Fame

Oslo Bombing

[IMG]http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/174/174138/17413824/jpg/active/978x_13197743.jpg[/IMG]

Not sure of exact details but heard more than 20 dead at a youth camp shooting outside the capital that was related.

Both attacks had responsibility claimed by Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami...

But you know, terrorists can't inflict damage outside of the ME :rolleyes:

Before anyone posts something like "So much for the Religion of Peace", don't. Radical Islam is not mainstream Islam.

And, God, what a tragedy.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4065950]Before anyone posts something like "So much for the Religion of Peace", don't. Radical Islam is not mainstream Islam.

And, God, what a tragedy.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see mainstream Islam speak out LOUDLY against these radicals. They do not.......

Their silence, while not tacit approval, is not helping.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4065950]Before anyone posts something like "So much for the Religion of Peace", don't. Radical Islam is not mainstream Islam.
    [/QUOTE]

While is bad taste, it's not against the TOS. As a poster, sure, say it. But with the mod tag, leave it be. No sense silencing somebodies opinion.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4065963]While is bad taste, it's not against the TOS. As a poster, sure, say it. But with the mod tag, leave it be. No sense silencing somebodies opinion.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a distinction between valid opinions and bigoted generalizations.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4065972]I think there's a distinction between valid opinions and bigoted generalizations.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But there are those who don't see their bigotry as anything but their opinion ;)

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4065958]I would like to see mainstream Islam speak out LOUDLY against these radicals. They do not.......

Their silence, while not tacit approval, is not helping.[/QUOTE]

The leader of the Islamic organization in Norway already issued a statement denouncing the violence.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4065976]The leader of the Islamic organization in Norway already issued a statement denouncing the violence.[/QUOTE]

WOW...How bold of him

They "denounce" the violence all the time..... I am talking about proactive actions, not even done here in the U.S. They are welcome in most any mosque for example to pray.

Sort of the way gang members live in neighborhoods and theneighborhoods do very little to ostracize them.

And, God, what a tragedy.[/QUOTE]
    Mainstream Islam tacitly approves this sh*t.

They are far more concerned about you and me not judging them than they are about the threat of radical Islam on innocents. You're not insane to say otherwise, you're just not paying that much attention.

In Europe and here "radical" Islamic activists come from mainstream mosques.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4066005]WOW...How bold of him

They "denounce" the violence all the time..... I am talking about proactive actions, not even done here in the U.S. They are welcome in most any mosque for example to pray.

Sort of the way gang members live in neighborhoods and theneighborhoods do very little to ostracize them.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. My only concern here is the JI Politics Forum. We've been down this road before --many times -- and I don't feel like going down it again.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4065976]The leader of the Islamic organization in Norway already issued a statement denouncing the violence.[/QUOTE]

Well, what the hell would think he would do? Seriously. Are you kidding me with that? Like he's going out on a limb?

Would much rather know that guy's actions in the past 6-12 months in regards to some of the local issues that have been bandied about square with his words today. I doubt they would, frankly.

GRAPHIC IMAGE WARNING:

[IMG]http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/drfront/2011-07/22/11-a0b28f94-1a998e35.jpeg[/IMG]

Re-posting from a source of mine in Norway. Word from there is that this is NOT an Islamic-based event, but possible domestic/lone nut.

Apparently the gunman is the man dressed in black in the center-top of the image.

Bewildered Beast

Sort of the way gang members live in neighborhoods and theneighborhoods do very little to ostracize them.[/QUOTE]

What are the proactive choices for a religious organization?

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4066079]What are the proactive choices for a religious organization?[/QUOTE]

Not certain....but if someone in my community or church were "known" terrorists, I would think that some kind of outing of them to make sure they are deemed outsiders would help.

BUT....your point is well taken. This is a difficult problem.

My friends in Norway tell me the person they have arrested (Primary suspect of bombing, and the Camp shooter) is a self-described "Conservative Christian" and Neo-Nazi.

This one is leaning homegrown domestic terrorism of the McVeigh variety.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4066099]My friends in Norway tell me the person they have arrested (Primary suspect of bombing, and the Camp shooter) is a self-described "Conservative Christian" and Neo-Nazi.

This one is leaning homegrown domestic terrorism of the McVeigh variety.[/QUOTE]

I heard that too.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4065958]I would like to see mainstream Islam speak out LOUDLY against these radicals.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe they will since this guy was a Christian.

So...will you now denounce mainstream christian churches for not rooting this guy out? :rolleyes:

God bless those poor souls whose lives were taken today in such a senseless act- this world we live in is a dangerous place