Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no debt deal "we have run out of time"

no debt deal "we have run out of time"

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20082266-503544.html[/url]

[quote]
    With eleven days before the August 2 deadline, talks to negotiate a deal to raise the debt limit have broken down, leaving the United States on the cusp of a possible economic catastrophe.

"We have run out of time," Mr. Obama said in acknowledging the breakdown.
    [/quote]

now, watch the President ram the debt increase through by the 14th amendment or the McConnell back door veto plan.

the House GOP was never serious about a deal, nor are they serious about running the country. They don't want to cut spending they just want to cry.

I applaud our President for working hard to get a deal done and for doing what has to be done for our country

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

C'mon dude, Obama could hold a national press conference tomorrow, pull out his dick and piss on the front row, then tell America to go f*ck themselves...and you'd applaud him for it.

One trillion bucks over 10 years. Deal? Get Real!

[QUOTE=bitonti;4066090][url]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20082266-503544.html[/url]

now, watch the President ram the debt increase through by the 14th amendment or the McConnell back door veto plan.

the House GOP was never serious about a deal, nor are they serious about running the country. They don't want to cut spending they just want to cry.

I applaud our President for working hard to get a deal done and for doing what has to be done for our country[/QUOTE]

LOL to your commentary. do you really believe this crap? Seriously?

Our elected officials continue to let this country down.Only care about staying in office being a lifetime politican.Bought and sold by corporations,and unions

America continues it's decline.Our AAA rating will be gone,the dollar continues to collapse.

All negiotations no big deal. Personally after watching the President and the Speaker last night I actually believe the speaker about the President moving the goal posts. After meeting with Democrats he can't get the deal he thought he could.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4066241]LOL to your commentary. do you really believe this crap? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

if the tea party and House GOP actually let Obama cut spending and close the deficit, it ruins their whole angle.

the GOP as a group are being held hostage by the tea partiers, who add nothing of value to the discussion. they just want to cry about spending but given the chance to do something about it they pass on that.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4066149]LOL

C'mon dude, Obama could hold a national press conference tomorrow, pull out his dick and piss on the front row, then tell America to go f*ck themselves...and you'd applaud him for it.[/QUOTE]

that may be true but in this case, he's trying to get stuff done and the GOP are acting like children. the GOP are great at campaigning, horrible at governing. 30+ times the debt ceiling was raised, and now it's a problem. I call Bull.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4066315]if the tea party and House GOP actually let Obama cut spending and close the deficit, it ruins their whole angle.

the GOP as a group are being held hostage by the tea partiers, who add nothing of value to the discussion. they just want to cry about spending but given the chance to do something about it they pass on that.[/QUOTE]

Obama had 2 years of party majority in House, Senate, and statehouses.

Amazing (well, maybe it's not so amazing) he couldn't foresee the direction he was taking this country, that we'd be here today.

No idea how any sane person would want to give this guy more free reign to further gut our country.

The people voted the House to oppose this President's BS, Bit. Do you have trouble understanding this?

It's on this president to back the F down and start doing the right thing, regardless of pride or the political price he'll have to pay.

He's going to pay one regardless. Look at the GOP hopefuls on stage. Understand that any one of them will beat Obama, provided Ron Paul doesn't catch on fire in a 3rd party race.

I seriously see that happening. And, frankly, he often makes more sense than any candidate.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4066327]
    The people voted the House to oppose this President's BS, Bit. Do you have trouble understanding this?
    [/QUOTE]

Didn't you know, people barely turn out for those elections :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bitonti;4066316]that may be true but in this case, he's trying to get stuff done and the GOP are acting like children. the GOP are great at campaigning, horrible at governing. 30+ times the debt ceiling was raised, and now it's a problem. I call Bull.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4066257]All negiotations no big deal. Personally after watching the President and the Speaker last night I actually believe the speaker about the President moving the goal posts. After meeting with Democrats he can't get the deal he thought he could.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Obama may be trying but his party isn't backing him.

You can suck his d!ck til you're blue in the face Bit but that won't change the fact (D) is holding this up.

That's why (R) walked away. You want them back at the table? Blame your party.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4066364]Bingo. Obama may be trying but his party isn't backing him.

You can suck his d!ck til you're blue in the face Bit but that won't change the fact (D) is holding this up.

That's why (R) walked away. You want them back at the table? Blame your party.[/QUOTE]

It's a two way street here. Are the Dems spending too much? Hell yes. Are the top few percent of Republicans looking for legal loopholes and not paying their taxes? Hell yes? Both sides are responsible. What's the difference between democrats adding to the deficit by overspending and the wealthiest people in the country contributing to the deficit by not paying their taxes?

I can understand wealthy republicans not wanting to change republican business as usual, but what is with the struggling middle class republicans happy with their parties financial ambitions?

Zombies.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4066372]but what is with the struggling middle class republicans happy with their parties financial ambitions?
    [/QUOTE]

My family is in the top % but personally I'm middle class as I accept very little financial assistance from them.

Why do all middle class Pubs have to be struggling?

They took Congress on the premise of no new taxes... I don't necessarily agree that there's no compromise but by all accounts, Obama/Ryan had one. Obama just couldn't sell it to the (D)

How does this fall on Pubs?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4066090]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I agree with that BUT if this plan got thru what would the Tea Party campaign on?

Kind of like if the 2nd Ammendment was re-written to the NRA's specs or if Roe V. Wade was overturned.

lot's o lobbyists would be out of work
    Last edited by Buster; 07-23-2011 at 02:32 PM.

[QUOTE=Buster;4066409]Not sure if I agree with that BUT if this plan got thru what would the Tea Party campaign on?
    [/QUOTE]

They'd campaign on...Hey, see what we can do. Change you REALLY CAN believe in.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4066375]My family is in the top % but personally I'm middle class as I accept very little financial assistance from them.

Why do all middle class Pubs have to be struggling?

They took Congress on the premise of no new taxes... I don't necessarily agree that there's no compromise but by all accounts, Obama/Ryan had one. Obama just couldn't sell it to the (D)

How does this fall on Pubs?[/QUOTE]

the middle class (regardless of party) is struggling to stay middle class since it is shrinking. and you don't fall up.

if it were up to Boehner and Obama, there would be a deal done already... maybe days ago

these tea partiers aren't interested in governing, and they aren't interested in compromise. they just want to burn it to ground.

yes the people sent a message in 2010 and they will send another message in 2012. alot of these tea party freshman will be one and done, cause they are not real politicians.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4066327]Obama had 2 years of party majority in House, Senate, and statehouses.

Amazing (well, maybe it's not so amazing) he couldn't foresee the direction he was taking this country, that we'd be here today.
    [/QUOTE]

where exactly are we? on the verge of default because of the tea party. Moody's wasn't reviewing the AAA rating of the American gov't when the democrats controlled everything. this is a self inflicted wound and it's not necessary.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4066149]LOL

C'mon dude, Obama could hold a national press conference tomorrow, pull out his dick and piss on the front row, then tell America to go f*ck themselves...and you'd applaud him for it.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
    +1

At near 100 per barrell we can sell off our oil reserve and keep paying our debts for a long time.