Thread: TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!

Just got back from Saratoga (b----es??) (Is that how I use that?)

Anyhow, went to opening day (Friday) and yesterday at the track. My youngest son (12) hit 6 exactas out of the 21 races. It was unfrigginbelievable. Half of me is trying to teach him that gambling is a losing proposition (lest he grow up to be a degenerate one like his Pop), the other half of me is jumping up and down on the seats with him as yet another set of his picks runs away from the field.

Chase that with a quick 9 this morning on the links in the park, and it doesn't get any better.

(Finally a story about my younger son...my oldest was hogging all the JI glow).

I hear the neighbors throw big pricklyballs in their neighbors backyards in Saratoga.

All League
    Gorgeous racetrack. Love to go back one day.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4066907]Just got back from Saratoga (b----es??) (Is that how I use that?)

Anyhow, went to opening day (Friday) and yesterday at the track. My youngest son (12) hit 6 exactas out of the 21 races. It was unfrigginbelievable. Half of me is trying to teach him that gambling is a losing proposition (lest he grow up to be a degenerate one like his Pop), the other half of me is jumping up and down on the seats with him as yet another set of his picks runs away from the field.

Chase that with a quick 9 this morning on the links in the park, and it doesn't get any better.

(Finally a story about my younger son...my oldest was hogging all the JI glow).[/QUOTE]

I was in Saratoga this weekend as well... race track after golfing Saratoga National Saturday. Thanks for the phone call.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We're up there every year for opening day weekend, Travers week and the Woodward, and about a dozen other times as well. If you go back, look for me. I'm the large balding guy in a white collared shirt, black tie and brown suit. I usually have an overly goofy look on my face.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4066907]Just got back from Saratoga (b----es??) (Is that how I use that?)

(Finally a story about my younger son...my oldest was hogging all the JI glow).[/QUOTE]

seriously

can't tell you how many young guys I know start off gambling like that. they absolutely can't lose. naturally they get hooked and then they can't win. it has to be Satan.

I believe our own Ruby went through this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4066933]seriously

can't tell you how many young guys I know start off gambling like that. they absolutely can't lose. naturally they get hooked and then they can't win. it has to be Satan.

I believe our own Ruby went through this.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he knows it's a losing proposition. We always watch the last race out by the Shake Shack near the exit (their Sloppy Track Shake is out of this world), and we comment on all the dregs and losers shuffling out like we're our own Mystery Science Theatre 2000. Plus I've taught him (and played thousands of hands with him) blackjack, hold'em, 3-card poker, etc. so he's got a good handle on how rare it is to win consistently. On the other hand I've also taught him all the ins and outs and tricks of the card games he'll be playing soon in school for lunch money (scat, poker, etc.) so he can clean up on all those nosepicking rubes for a few years...so the "gambling is a losing proposition" may not gel for awhile.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4067016]Nah, he knows it's a losing proposition. We always watch the last race out by the Shake Shack near the exit (their Sloppy Track Shake is out of this world), and we comment on all the dregs and losers shuffling out like we're our own Mystery Science Theatre 2000. Plus I've taught him (and played thousands of hands with him) blackjack, hold'em, 3-card poker, etc. so he's got a good handle on how rare it is to win consistently. On the other hand I've also taught him all the ins and outs and tricks of the card games he'll be playing soon in school for lunch money (scat, poker, etc.) so he can clean up on all those nosepicking rubes for a few years...so the "gambling is a losing proposition" may not gel for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Gosh dang I just made myself a hot pastrami grinder and I had a thought about the hot pastrami sandwiches in the courtyard/paddock at Toga. Weird.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4067054]Gosh dang I just made myself a hot pastrami [B]grinder[/B] and I had a thought about the hot pastrami sandwiches in the courtyard/paddock at Toga. Weird.[/QUOTE]

yesterday I grilled italian sausages. looked perfect, couldn't wait to eat them.
    i get in the house and the dogs are going to town on something. i look down and they pulled my six pack of grinder rolls off the counter and we're devouring them on the floor. they ate all but half of one. damn ungrateful shelter dogs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4067089]yesterday I grilled italian sausages. looked perfect, couldn't wait to eat them.
    i get in the house and the dogs are going to town on something. i look down and they pulled my six pack of grinder rolls off the counter and we're devouring them on the floor. they ate all but half of one. damn ungrateful shelter dogs.[/QUOTE]

*&^%(^^^ rabbersackin Bumpus's.

:mad:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4066907]

Well, tell him he has to do something epic.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;4067190]Well, tell him he has to do something epic.[/QUOTE]

Hitting 6 exactas in 21 races on opening weekend (when it's a handicapping nightmare) is absolutely epic. Maybe it's epic luck, but it's still epic.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4067220]Hitting 6 exactas in 21 races on opening weekend (when it's a handicapping nightmare) is absolutely epic. Maybe it's epic luck, but it's still epic.[/QUOTE]

it wouldn't have killed him to kick someone's azz in the parking lot