Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle/ATV guys....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Motorcycle/ATV guys....

ANy of you pansies ever attach a battery harness for ease of charging/maintaining?

Some instructions I see say not to attach it directly to the battery terminals, and others yes. The Battery I need to maintain is buried under the engine of a Polaris 2010 Sportsman400 ATV...took me two hours to get the dead one out...and I have no intention of ever doing this again.

:steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

:tumblewee

[QUOTE=32green;4067274]ANy of you pansies....:[/QUOTE]

Always good to start a plea for help with an insult.

I didn't know you people rode those things.

Waterboy
    Hey 32,
    Not sure about the pansies, but this violet has one charger and tenders on 3 vehicles. I, like you, can't be bothered to pull panels and seats off all the time. After 20 years of tomfoolery, jumping the bikes from a car/truck, rolling it down the driveway and bumpstarting, always thinking ahead to park on a hill, I finally invested in the trickle charger. I rotated it weekly through the winter and kept all 3 batteries in tip top shape. I still shake my head, every time I walk in my garage, realizing my stubbornness caused me so much un-needed aggravation over the years.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4067274]ANy of you pansies ever attach a battery harness for ease of charging/maintaining?

Some instructions I see say not to attach it directly to the battery terminals, and others yes. The Battery I need to maintain is buried under the engine of a Polaris 2010 Sportsman400 ATV...took me two hours to get the dead one out...and I have no intention of ever doing this again.

:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Ex-Cop Found Dead .Electrocution Suspected. Spilled Non-Alcoholic Beer Likely.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4067274]ANy of you pansies
    [/QUOTE]
    what color is your car, huh? hmmm, huh!

:alien:

[QUOTE=sheptr;4067299]I finally invested in the trickle charger.[/QUOTE]

I think Mrs. FF2® bought one of these on the interweb.

She goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe.:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4067319]I think Mrs. FF2® bought one of these on the interweb.

She goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe.:eek:[/QUOTE]

I have one too

damn those cars that don't make the ding sound when your headlights are on

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4067274]ANy of you pansies ever attach a battery harness for ease of charging/maintaining?

:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Here you go, douchebag :)

Get yourself a Battery Minder

[url]http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=batteryminder&cp=13&qe=QkFUVEVSWSBNSU5EUg&qesig=8crM_WBbpgB7RADuAl6KwA&pkc=AFgZ2tnF7lsEglFTafx3MwmQbgMbpDhE9Ov7ZTigmm39Tu2FOGELNHtQmp7ejQWYupSYvrff3tDRtVUekSELeMeNeLKwUhYq5g&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=960&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9124353982887258360&sa=X&ei=LoYtTuvFCs3TgAfKp_GfCw&sqi=2&ved=0CIUBEPMCMAQ[/url]

I used to fry marine batteries for my trolling motors all the time until I got one of these. It has kept my battery alive all winter long for over 3+ seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4067274]ANy of you pansies [/QUOTE]

Never had this type of problem. Usually the battery is directly under the seat.

Whoever built your machine hates you.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sheptr;4067299]Hey 32,
    Not sure about the pansies, but this violet has one charger and tenders on 3 vehicles. I, like you, can't be bothered to pull panels and seats off all the time. After 20 years of tomfoolery, jumping the bikes from a car/truck, rolling it down the driveway and bumpstarting, always thinking ahead to park on a hill, I finally invested in the trickle charger. I rotated it weekly through the winter and kept all 3 batteries in tip top shape. I still shake my head, every time I walk in my garage, realizing my stubbornness caused me so much un-needed aggravation over the years.[/QUOTE]

Pansies means "Blessed counselor of automotive issues" in Sherpa.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4067306]Ex-Cop Found Dead .Electrocution Suspected. Spilled Non-Alcoholic Beer Likely.[/QUOTE]

You can cut off your nuts with a tin-snips and the lead will start "ex cop".

I prefer inveterate pension leech.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4067316]what color is your car, huh? hmmm, huh!

:alien:[/QUOTE]

There are no white ATV's. Think about it.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4067319]I think Mrs. FF2® bought one of these on the interweb.

She goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe.:eek:[/QUOTE]

The black mambo is known for its excess draw.

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4067337]Here you go, douchebag :)

Get yourself a Battery Minder

[url]http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=batteryminder&cp=13&qe=QkFUVEVSWSBNSU5EUg&qesig=8crM_WBbpgB7RADuAl6KwA&pkc=AFgZ2tnF7lsEglFTafx3MwmQbgMbpDhE9Ov7ZTigmm39Tu2FOGELNHtQmp7ejQWYupSYvrff3tDRtVUekSELeMeNeLKwUhYq5g&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=960&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9124353982887258360&sa=X&ei=LoYtTuvFCs3TgAfKp_GfCw&sqi=2&ved=0CIUBEPMCMAQ[/url]

I used to fry marine batteries for my trolling motors all the time until I got one of these. It has kept my battery alive all winter long for over 3+ seasons.[/QUOTE]

I have a trickle charger; The problem being, COunt Dooshiskle, is that the battery is virtually inaccessible without taking out the wheel well cover and then burrowing through cables, tubes and frame to unlock the clamp and then somehow re-move the battery through a space slightly smaller...than...a fargin battery.:mad:

Hence, the need to attach a harness which I can then hook up to my charger.

The attaching the harness to the terminals, which are under a tight cover and clamp is what I'm inquiring about.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4067360]

I have a trickle charger; The problem being, COunt Dooshiskle, is that the battery is virtually inaccessible without taking out the wheel well cover and then burrowing through cables, tubes and frame to unlock the clamp and then somehow re-move the battery through a space slightly smaller...than...a fargin battery.:mad:

Hence, the need to attach a harness which I can then hook up to my charger.

The attaching the harness to the terminals, which are under a tight cover and clamp is what I'm inquiring about.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/wmQT1.gif[/IMG]

Serves you right for buying a Polaris :rolleyes:
    No need to take your douchebaggery out on the masses...

You might want to ask these guys instead -

[url]http://www.polarisatvforums.com/[/url]

Helpful tip: Do not start your post with the word pansies if you want a serious reply. [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/emoticons/RAGE0129.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Fishooked; 07-25-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Connect the negative to the frame and the positive to the lug on the solenoid where the positive from the battery goes.

Good luck....lolololol...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4067360]I have a trickle charger; [/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/741/slideshow_74118/display_image.jpg?[/IMG]

:dunno:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4067426][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/wmQT1.gif[/IMG]

Serves you right for buying a Polaris :rolleyes:
    No need to take your douchebaggery out on the masses...

You might want to ask these guys instead -

[url]http://www.polarisatvforums.com/[/url]

Helpful tip: Do not start your post with the word pansies if you want a serious reply. [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/emoticons/RAGE0129.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that site, its helpful, just didnt feel like joining it and waiting a week for some mouthbreather with greazy hands who also owns a 'puter to mosey along.

Btw, pansies means "enlightened guardian of mechanical intricacies" in Farsi.

[QUOTE=32green;4067472]Yeah, I saw that site, its helpful, just didnt feel like joining it and waiting a week for some mouthbreather with greazy hands who also owns a 'puter to mosey along..[/QUOTE]

He and you both have a Polaris and a computer.

How different could you possibly be?

You might make a new friend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4067457]Connect the negative to the frame and the positive to the lug on the solenoid where the positive from the battery goes.

Good luck....lolololol...[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm referring to; The harness has a positive and negative wires with two round connectors on the end that look like they would attach to the terminals..but apparently, thats not the best way because of the battery cover....what you describe, why is it better and how would I attach them?

lololol

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4067476]He and you both have a Polaris and a computer.

How different could you possibly be?

You might make a new friend.[/QUOTE]

I need a knew friend the way this site needs another snide Gary Moore post.

:mad:

All Pro
    I bought a Black and Decker trickle charger for my dirt bike several years ago, it has a quick connect cable with a 12" whip that I permanently attached to the battery terminals below the battery battery cables. I routed the whip into my air cleaner compartment so as it would be easy to access and connect to the charger. It works fine.

Ya pansy.

All Pro
    Thumpertalk ,com is a great resource. Sub forums for specific bikes and I believe ATVs.