Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: caught in a sex drought....

All League

caught in a sex drought....

wassup everyone,thought i could get the husbands point of view on the subject.
    my wife suffers from hyperthyroidism and unfortunately one of the side effects of this condition is a total lack of sex drive. its been very hard on both of us as a married couple in our late twenties, to the point where im actually having thoughts about cheating.. something i dont want to do, but at the same time i feel like i will regret the fact that i missed out at my sexual peak when i am older and unable to.. am i the only guy going through something like this??? :hmm:

Jets Insider VIP
    O dear god

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068058]wassup everyone,thought i could get the husbands point of view on the subject.
    my wife suffers from hyperthyroidism and unfortunately one of the side effects of this condition is a total lack of sex drive. its been very hard on both of us as a married couple in our late twenties, to the point where im actually having thoughts about cheating.. something i dont want to do, but at the same time i feel like i will regret the fact that i missed out at my sexual peak when i am older and unable to.. am i the only guy going through something like this??? :hmm:[/QUOTE]

Ummm, is she taking any medication? Getting the right dosage is tricky, it needs to be tweaked for a couple of months for some women.

All League
    she takes meds but not routinely....

All League
    Listen my friend, I'm sure your wife has hyperthyroidism, but this sex problem is more the result of being married.

All Pro
    Women are like camels, they take all there orgasms and store them in there humps, thus allowing them to go long periods with out sex.

I have been I feel quite patient, but I have made it known more then once that I am a sexual being and that I will be having sex, As my wife it is her duty to satisfy me. For after all I am a man and I also have needs.

That and pick her some flowers.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Endocrinologist

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068068]she takes meds but not routinely....[/QUOTE]

For that condition, consistency is key.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068068]she takes meds but not routinely....[/QUOTE]

synthroid?

All League
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4068070]
    I have been I feel quite patient, but I have made it known more then once that I am a sexual being and that I will be having sex, As my wife it is her duty to satisfy me. For after all I am a man and I also have needs.

That and pick her some flowers.[/QUOTE]

+1 i love my wife very much but i cant seem to make her understand how this condition is affecting me... :(

All League
    she's currently taking metformin 500mg and levothyroxin 88mcg

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068078]+1 i love my wife very much but i cant seem to make her understand how this condition is affecting me... :([/QUOTE]

Well you'll find a way if you really love her, Good luck.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068078]+1 i love my wife very much but i cant seem to make her understand how this condition is affecting me... :([/QUOTE]

===============================

Dr. Laura wrote some good books on this subject, check out the library, she basically says that men think about sex alot and therefor women need to think about it more.

Explain that it is fundamental to your marriage, and with out regular sex your union will wither. You love her, but you need all of her.

Hall Of Fame
    yes, the rest of us married guys are getting it left and right

All Pro
    Be calm and frank, lay it all out during a time when having sex is not an option.

Any way it worked for me, Haven't had to give the speech for about 8 months now.

All League
    great advice so far.. thank you all very much and im definitly hoping for the best..

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4068058]wassup everyone,thought i could get the husbands point of view on the subject.
    my wife suffers from hyperthyroidism and unfortunately one of the side effects of this condition is a total lack of sex drive. its been very hard on both of us as a married couple in our late twenties, to the point where im actually having thoughts about cheating.. something i dont want to do, but at the same time i feel like i will regret the fact that i missed out at my sexual peak when i am older and unable to.. am i the only guy going through something like this??? [/QUOTE]

First off, I'm sorry for your situation. Very difficult.

Next, as stated, get her a better endocrinologist and he'll do tests and boost her synthetic thyroid. Her levels are simply too low. If you play your cards right she could get over-dosed and that'll make her a little horndog.

Next, while you're waiting for the doctor to get it right, get some good lube and some candles. As you're both aware, she doesn't have to be in the mood to provide you with service. Play some music, light some candles, make her feel romantic, apply lube, pound away.

Next, get yourself on a schedule. Start with Saturday or Sunday and Wednesday or Thursday. That's twice a week, and let her choose from the four days, makes her feel in control that way.

Lastly, consider mutual masturbation. Again, might not turn her on to watch you whack it but there's a chance it might and even if not you still get your rocks off.

Women don't have to be turned on to have sex. Saturday or Sunday and Wednesday or Thursday. Lube and a calendar. Done.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4068112]First off, I'm sorry for your situation. Very difficult.

Next, as stated, get her a better endocrinologist and he'll do tests and boost her synthetic thyroid. Her levels are simply too low. If you play your cards right she could get over-dosed and that'll make her a little horndog.

Next, get some good lube and some candles. As you're both aware, she doesn't have to be in the mood to provide you with service. Play some music, light some candles, make her feel romantic, apply lube, pound away.

Next, get yourself on a schedule. Start with Saturday or Sunday and Wednesday or Thursday. That's twice a week, and let her choose from the four days, makes her feel in control that way.

Lease a Mercedes Benz. It always gets 'em wet.

Lastly, consider mutual masturbation. Again, might not turn her on to watch you whack it but there's a chance it might and even if not you still get your rocks off.

Women don't have to be turned on to have sex. Saturday or Sunday and Wednesday or Thursday. Lube and a calendar. Done.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Anyone else disturbed/put off of romance after reading this?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4068116]Anyone else disturbed/put off of romance after reading this?[/QUOTE]

Better than being turned on, but yea. Still, good show by SAR providing advice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4068116]Anyone else disturbed/put off of romance after reading this?[/QUOTE]

=========================================

not at all.

You have to find a way to make it work or it's over, I particularly agree with the idea of having a schedule. Takes the pressure off of trying to romance them.