Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Change We Can.." Wealth Gap Widens Between Whites And Minorities!

All League
    [QUOTE=Trades;4068715]That is exactly the problem. There should be an incentive to work hard to not be poor. Poor should not be a deisrable state. There are so many handouts now that people choose welfare over working because it is easier.[/QUOTE]

I said I'd rather be poor now as opposed to being poor before the New Deal... but I believe you're twisting it into "I want to be poor because it's easy".

I'm merely stating that at least the poor in our time can feed themselves. Is that such a terrible thing?

[QUOTE=Trades;4068570]What exactly do you think he means when he says he is going to "spread the wealth?"[/QUOTE]

he never specified he'd do it across racial lines, as the original poster implies.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4068750]And surprisingly it has tracked government spending. Maybe you should stop supporting big government?[/QUOTE]

It has also "tracked" many other factors such as tax rates, lobbying influence / financing, trading policies, etc so I am not sure how valid your correlation may or may not be.

[QUOTE=parafly;4068771]It has also "tracked" many other factors such as tax rates, lobbying influence / financing, trading policies, etc so I am not sure how valid your correlation may or may not be.[/QUOTE]

As government grows and becomes more powerful why wouldn't more lobbying and money flow to influence that power? If I have to worry about a more powerful government interjecting themselves into my business interests it's only logical that I have to watch my own interest.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;4068737]If the look at the statistics for the past several decades, the redistribution has actually taken the opposite path: middle class to rich.[/QUOTE]

Michael Dell and Steve Jobs are such miserable human beings.:rolleyes:

They have created more wealth and middle class jobs than government ever could....

[QUOTE=Trades;4068684]It has done a lot. It has made more people poor and made sure they could be kept there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, The new and more powerful slavery!

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4068799]Michael Dell and Steve Jobs are such miserable human beings.:rolleyes:

They have created more wealth and middle class jobs than government ever could....[/QUOTE]

where did they create those jobs? it wasn't in communist Russia

the purpose of gov't is not to create economy... it's to protect and provide the environment that fosters economy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4068817]where did they create those jobs? it wasn't in communist Russia

the purpose of gov't is not to create economy... it's to protect and provide the environment that fosters economy.[/QUOTE]

Yet anytime someone points out that Obama's policies are killing the environment where business can thrive you defend Obama.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4068763] Is that such a terrible thing?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Think about how better off financially the US would be if millions of Americans starved to death. ;):D

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4068516]Maybe Blacks and Latinos expect the Government to fix all their ills. Good luck with that. Whites the ball everyone likes to kick around.[/QUOTE]

LOL

As if white men don't run all of our corporations, all of our banks, the government, etc..

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;4068866]LOL

As if white men don't run all of our corporations, all of our banks, the government, etc..

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Herman Cain begs to differ.

Jets Insider VIP
    <URL>[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI[/URL]</URL>

[QUOTE=Trades;4068827]Yet anytime someone points out that Obama's policies are killing the environment where business can thrive you defend Obama.[/QUOTE]

cause it's flat out not true. Obama has done a ton for business in this country, from the day he took the oath. Most business cash reserves are up, their earnings are up, businesses are doing great in fact.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4068890]Obama has done a ton for business in this country, from the day he took the oath. Most business cash reserves are up, their earnings are up, businesses are doing great in fact.[/QUOTE]
    LOL.

CarrotTop, give Bitonti back his computer.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4068890]cause it's flat out not true. Obama has done a ton for business in this country, from the day he took the oath. Most business cash reserves are up, their earnings are up, businesses are doing great in fact.[/QUOTE]

Obamacare.

[QUOTE=Trades;4068945]Obamacare.[/QUOTE]

doesn't kick in until 2014... and is a huge boon to private insurance providers, a "business"

the week Obamacare passed or looked like it was gonna pass, all the healthcare stocks went up.

You aren't actually looking at the state of US businesses you are just repeating talking points.

Look at what Obama has actually done, he's hugely pro business.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4069010]doesn't kick in until 2014... and is a huge boon to private insurance providers, a "business"

the week Obamacare passed or looked like it was gonna pass, all the healthcare stocks went up.

You aren't actually looking at the state of US businesses you are just repeating talking points.

Look at what Obama has actually done, he's hugely pro business.[/QUOTE]

Yes look around. We now have a virtual monopoly in banking with loans about as tough to get as anytime in my life and companies bogged down with regulations that only the biggest companies can afford the staffing needed for compliance.

Fannie and Freddie untouched and nobody in jail.

We did pass a ton of paper work onto medium and small US business without the staffing to comply.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4069078]We did pass a ton of paper work onto medium and small US business without the staffing to comply.[/QUOTE]

paperwork is SO hard. You have to press buttons on keyboards and stuff. Adobe Acrobat. Microsoft Word. Excel. Oh noes! :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4069010]doesn't kick in until 2014... and is a huge boon to private insurance providers, a "business"

[B]You aren't actually looking at the state of US businesses you are just repeating talking points. [/B]

Look at what Obama has actually done, he's hugely pro business.[/QUOTE]

Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

Obamacare gave business to insurance companies at the cost of small businesses everywhere. Unless of course you are friends of the Obama administration then you get a waiver.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4068817]where did they create those jobs? it wasn't in communist Russia

the purpose of gov't is not to create economy... it's to protect and provide the environment that fosters economy.[/QUOTE]

Go to Austin Texas or Silicon Valley and ask the residents...they'll tell you.

OBAMA fostering business growth? Please pass the joint. You did read the thread with basically every CEO complaining about Obama yes?