Page 101 of 205 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4086

Thread: Jets reach out to Aso (Merged many times)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4075450]Give it a break man, Reggie Bush... really????[/QUOTE]

Based on LT being able to play, what, 70% of a season effectively, wouldn't Reggie Bush in his "changeup guy, can catch a flair out of the backfield and make DE's miss" be a marked improvement over Tomlinson? Come this December when LT's aging body is gasping for air again, wouldn't a young guy like Bush have been a great plus?

I think so.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075478]Ah, the night the D only let up 10 points at home and the offense couldn't get in the endzone and put up 9.

Can't say that having Aso gives us a 9-3 win there, can you?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

cromartie had a few costly penalties that game including a PI that led to a FG if I'm not mistaken

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4075483]We have some very stupid posters, not even worth wasting the time explaining that to them. [B]Offense is 100% on Sanchez's development. [/B] We still have a top 5 o-line in football. Pats set 9 week stretch offensive records with almost zero talent at WR or RB. People just don't get this sport.[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Nick Spano?

[QUOTE]Nick Spano
    Like Cimini said, it will go into the night, but the deal is agreed to. Hammering out contract deals, which is why I don't have em yet #Jets

But he is a Jet. Can't say it more certain than that.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;4075485]Breaking News is Darren Sproles???? Espn wtf??[/QUOTE]

You got hoodwinked by the Crypt Keeper - how does THAT feel?! HA HA HA! :P ESPN SUCKS!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075478]Ah, the night the D only let up 10 points at home and the offense couldn't get in the endzone and put up 9.

Can't say that having Aso gives us a 9-3 win there, can you?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game? It would have.

Look, Cro did a very good job last year. He was probably the best #2 guy in the NFL.

We are talking about something completely different. We are talking bout have TWO DARRELL REVISES on the field at all times. The possibilities are endless...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075491]Based on LT being able to play, what, 70% of a season effectively, wouldn't Reggie Bush in his "changeup guy, can catch a flair out of the backfield and make DE's miss" be a marked improvement over Tomlinson? Come this December when LT's aging body is gasping for air again, wouldn't a young guy like Bush have been a great plus?

I think so.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

you mean shonn greene, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;4075490]WE WILL RUN BLITZ MORE WITH NNAMDI & REVIS[/QUOTE]

Golden Turd Award for Stating the Obvious ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RByrne;4075459]If there is no announcement either way one shall not be impressed[/QUOTE]

The start of the period to sign and announce FA's is Friday at 6pm.

If we get anything tonight, it's just more rumors. You're 18 hours premature.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    rodbooneRod Boone
    RT @ProFootballTalk: Bucs aren't, weren't, chasing Nnadmi [url]http://wp.me/p14QSB-Bdn[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075418]How many NFL teams have 2 dominant WR's that need shutting down the way Revis shuts them down? None.

Can you name a game in which Antonio Cromartie was singlehandedly responsible for blowing a W or causing a L? Nope.

Holmes/Edwards/Cromartie is superior to Holmes/Cotchery/Aso, and neither is an improvement over last year which is really what this is all about.

Never forget, all this fun in July is just getting us back to the personnel level of last year with a touch of a step-back for the losses (Smith, E.Smith, Edwards, Ellis) the aging (Tomlinson) and the in-division improvement (Patriots, Dolphins). Even if we sign Edwards and Ellis and E. Smith back, we're just treading water. Some would say getting to the AFCCG last year with that talent is enough. I say we eeked out 11 wins and a wildcard, the Patriots dominated the AFC.

You, and many other Jets fans tonight, are getting starry-eyed over someone we simply don't need. I'd be doing cartwheels if we were discussing Sydney Rice or [B]even Reggie Bush[/B]. Don't need another elite CB. There's a reason no NFL team ever has a pair. There aren't ever two elite WR's you need to cover in a game, most times not even one.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LMAO

As knowledgeable as you try to be, your Matt Leinart derangement syndrome still peeks through from time to time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075418]How many NFL teams have 2 dominant WR's that need shutting down the way Revis shuts them down? None.

Can you name a game in which Antonio Cromartie was singlehandedly responsible for blowing a W or causing a L? Nope.

Holmes/Edwards/Cromartie is superior to Holmes/Cotchery/Aso, and neither is an improvement over last year which is really what this is all about.

Never forget, all this fun in July is just getting us back to the personnel level of last year with a touch of a step-back for the losses (Smith, E.Smith, Edwards, Ellis) the aging (Tomlinson) and the in-division improvement (Patriots, Dolphins). Even if we sign Edwards and Ellis and E. Smith back, we're just treading water. Some would say getting to the AFCCG last year with that talent is enough. I say we eeked out 11 wins and a wildcard, the Patriots dominated the AFC.

You, and many other Jets fans tonight, are getting starry-eyed over someone we simply don't need. I'd be doing cartwheels if we were discussing Sydney Rice or even Reggie Bush. Don't need another elite CB. There's a reason no NFL team ever has a pair. There aren't ever two elite WR's you need to cover in a game, most times not even one.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    The patritos with ocho branch welker gronk we need him for that game cowboys with miles dez bryant witten chargers vincent jackson floyd gates eagles jackson maclin i could go on

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4075486]We have 2 first round CB's on our roster already too. What's your point?[/QUOTE]

These are our corners right now: Revis, Wilson, Cole, Lowery

Devito is a solid "B" player. None of those guys are better than a "C+"

Revis and Asomugha are A++'s

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4075491]Based on LT being able to play, what, 70% of a season effectively, wouldn't Reggie Bush in his "changeup guy, can catch a flair out of the backfield and make DE's miss" be a marked improvement over Tomlinson? Come this December when LT's aging body is gasping for air again, wouldn't a young guy like Bush have been a great plus?

I think so.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Pats averaged like 38 a game 2nd half of the season, their 2 best players on O were undersized white guys that weren't even drafted. QB and top o-line is all that matters. One gamebreaker on outside is a bonus, we have that in Holmes. We have a good young TE. Anything else is gravy. Brady or Manning has our offense getting 30-35 a game easy. All that matters is Sanchez's development. Chasing skill players is a dumb way to build a team. But you're a dumb poster. So I see why you'd want to do that

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shawn Daivari
    [IMG]http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/shawndaivari.jpeg[/IMG]

Charlie Burkowitz
    [IMG]http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/291377337/images_reasonably_small.jpeg[/IMG]

:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HatingtheSanchezHaters;4075462]There isn't a pass rusher. There isn't a LB. There isn't a safety. The offensive development depends on Sanchez and would if we had Calvin, Andre, and Santonio at WR.

People. Don't. Get. It.[/QUOTE]

We are not winning the Super Bowl this year. We have 3 or 4 years left with the Core Four to get there. Wasting money on a luxury like Aso this year screws us up when a pass rusher, safety, and LB are available in 2012, 2013, and 2014. Ain't a one-year contract. Backloaded b'tch of a six year deal.

Newb. Don't. Get. It.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;4075485]Breaking News is Darren Sproles???? Espn wtf??[/QUOTE]
    lol, that had to be for all the maniacs on JI right now

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to try one last time...

The team that won the Super Bowl had the deepest secondary in the sport. Their best player, a soon to be HOF'er, was hurt for the entire second half against a pass happy team with a pass happy QB.

On defense...the Jets, with Nnamdi would be structured very similarly to the team that WON THE SUPER BOWL (minus Clay Matthews of course who as a pass rusher was not great in the SB).

If people can't comprehend this I quit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4075469]sorry for the other thread, but chill guys...

It now says they are still negotiating...At one point, the ticker had said jets and Aso reportedly had signed deal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Steviebambini - it's intense over here.

Gotta stop posting now, can't hit refresh....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4075503]These are our corners right now: Revis, Wilson, Cole, Lowery

Devito is a solid "B" player. None of those guys are better than a "C+"

Revis and Asomugha are A++'s[/QUOTE]

So you're assuming the 30th pick in the draft is an A++ too? Cullen Jenkins is a proven guy that would absolutely help our pass rush and could be book-ended with Wilkerson for years. Don't tell me there's no pass rush help available.