Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets reach out to Aso (Merged many times)

All League
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4069670]I don't see how it's possible to sign Aso, or if it's the right move to make, but I guess it's Tanny/Rex we trust?[/QUOTE]

Sanchez willing to renegotiate to get his guy or guy's. I interview he did mention Revise ( not sure if this was just talk on his part). Would Revis renegotiate to get his guy. Just a thought. Don't think Tanny would reach out to him, but if he approched Tanny anything could happen.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4069668]That would not be so bad in my book.[/QUOTE]

Good, fuggim! Take that for giving us the "no hometown discount" BS. :yes:

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4069652]RichCimini Rich Cimini
    #Jets are in negotiations with Santonio Holmes, per source. Also talking with Nnamdi Asomugha. Could they pull off a daily double? #nyj[/QUOTE]

Dooooo it!

Dooooooo it!

[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/me-gusta-original1.png[/img]

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;4069681]Sanchez willing to renegotiate to get his guy or guy's. I interview he did mention Revise ( not sure if this was just talk on his part). Would Revis renegotiate to get his guy. Just a thought. Don't think Tanny would reach out to him, but if he approched Tanny anything could happen.[/QUOTE]

yeah he did mention revis...i can't see why or how sanchez would mention revis without knowing something...maybe they got together and said hey look

sanchez will take a pay cut to keep holmes
    revis will take a pay cut to get nnamdi

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4069647]Agreed. Classy and understated. Although very cliquey.[/QUOTE]

You're one of the ten.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4069696]You're one of the ten.

_[/QUOTE]

Says who?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4069700]Says who?[/QUOTE]

I made a list, but the thread got dumped.

Remember after the Chargers game in 09 when Revis and Aso said they wanted to play together and shut everyone down? Let's see if they were for real. Revis takes a cut, Aso comes in for reasonable money? Like everyone else I am just speculating, but I do remember them saying they wanted to play together.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4069665]Maybe. The thought just occurred to me that this could be nothing more than a ploy to get Cromartie to take a lowball offer.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say lowball offer, but just get Cro to take their offer...Also might as well call and find out what it would take for Aso to come to the Jets

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Could Jets get priced out for Asomugha w/Rex's twin? Cowboys shed cap space; Rob Ryan coached Asomugha in OAK for 5 years...

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4069713]JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Could Jets get priced out for Asomugha w/Rex's twin? Cowboys shed cap space; Rob Ryan coached Asomugha in OAK for 5 years...[/QUOTE]

maybe, but something tells me Aso will want nothing to do w/ OAK in any way...

although ASO to dallas does make pretty good sense

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4069713]JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Could Jets get priced out for Asomugha w/Rex's twin? Cowboys shed cap space; Rob Ryan coached Asomugha in OAK for 5 years...[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it, you knucklehead! :P

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4069706]I made a list, but the thread got dumped.[/QUOTE]

No link? Highlights only pleasethanks.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4069718]Beat me to it, you knucklehead! :P[/QUOTE]

My twitter can't update fast enough!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4069724]No link? Highlights only pleasethanks.[/QUOTE]

Can't find the dump on your own? So lazy. Keep looking if you can't find the thread right away.

Also on Asomugha: To sign him, they'd have to sacrifice needs at other positions, critical depth. Need to decide if worth it?

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/url]

[QUOTE=C Mart;4069729]Also on Asomugha: To sign him, they'd have to sacrifice needs at other positions, critical depth. Need to decide if worth it?

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/url][/QUOTE]

Honestly, I want Holmes first, then see what we can do from there.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4069731]Honestly, I want Holmes first, then see what we can do from there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but hot damn after reading that we reached out to him, I also wan Aso! :(

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4069727]Can't find the dump on your own? So lazy. Keep looking if you can't find the thread right away.[/QUOTE]

Can't find it. Too much work. effu

All League
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4069729]Also on Asomugha: To sign him, they'd have to sacrifice needs at other positions, critical depth. Need to decide if worth it?

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/url][/QUOTE]

He's a great player, and I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really want Aso... I mean of course, I'd love to have him, but if we're talking about paying two cornerbacks about 35-40 million out of a 120 million salary cap... I mean it's just not feasible.

And to be honest, I'd much rather have an elite pass rusher than Aso. Aso doesn't help us beat the Patriots who will just dump it off to Woodhead and whoever else out of the backfield and then throw it over the middle to Hernandez and Gronkowski.

Give me someone who can play man coverage that might not be elite, like Terrence Newman if he gets cut or Josh Wilson from Baltimore or Richard Marshall.