Page 51 of 205 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4086

Thread: Jets reach out to Aso (Merged many times)

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4073486]Cro is good. He just not good vs Agile Recievers ala Wes Weller ,deion branch kinda guy's.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

isn't that why they drafted kyle wilson?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4073484]You don't have any inside info of your own on this one scoops?[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm not a insider man. I just post the updates I see.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Veteran
    We should sign Joseph, get pass rushing/LB help, resign Smith and probably BE Thats a better use of our money

All Pro
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4073488]isn't that why they drafted kyle wilson?[/QUOTE]

You saw the games last year. Kyle got some proving to do.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4073484]You don't have any inside info of your own on this one scoops?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure thats the wrong Scoops

All Pro
    Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - Raiders

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the 49ers are unlikely to land free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

"I'd be surprised at this point if they got Nnamdi," La Canfora wrote on Twitter. The 49ers cleared $15.7 million worth of cap space with Nate Clements' release, but a report minutes ago suggested they are now pursuit of Johnathan Joseph instead. We're speculating, but the Asomugha sweepstakes looks to be coming down to a two-horse race: It's the Jets against the Texans.

Related: 49ers
    Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
    Jul 28, 12:28 PM

Asomugha will be a Jet. This decision will determine the course of the rest of his playing days. I can't hold it against him for doing his due diligence. Once he decides, there's no going back. Besides, he can't even sign until tomorrow at 6pm. Everyone's been on edge, including me. I think we all need to calm down a little.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;4073487]I disagree.

I think if Aso goes elsewhere, Braylon's chances of being re-signed SKYROCKET.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, I want Braylon back myself.

Must admit though, I want a 2nd CB (Aso, Cro or Joseph) over a 2nd WR (Braylon, Moss, Plax, etc.) first though.

Have the Ravens spent any of their cap money. I'm more concerned with them coming in at the last minute than I am about the Texans.

Good analysis by Ruocco and Lundberg: Holmes and Keller like the same spot on the field, underneath routes. Said the jets offense the first 4 games gelled cuz they had bray as a deep threat and keller underneath, perfect compliment.

I def agree considering keller kinda disappeared when holmes showed up...

[QUOTE=Jets4life335;4073475]Would you prefer to have Joseph or Cro if we miss out on Nnamdi?[/QUOTE]

Joseph. And it's not even close.

Cromartie is NOT a top CB.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Look at it from Nnamdi's perspective. If I'm him I tell my agent two things: 1) You will make me a NY Jet. 2) Float rumors, negotiate hard, put a little scare into the Jets to get me the best deal possible....but that deal will be with the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4073494]Pretty sure thats the wrong Scoops[/QUOTE]

Where the hell is scoops!!

[QUOTE=bgivs21;4073502]Good analysis by Ruocco and Lundberg: Holmes and Keller like the same spot on the field, underneath routes. Said the jets offense the first 4 games gelled cuz they had bray as a deep threat and keller underneath, perfect compliment.

I def agree considering keller kinda disappeared when holmes showed up...[/QUOTE]

maybe that's b/c they had holmes, edwards AND keller. maybe keller can only have 1 of those 2 but not both.

if keller can't get open with holmes on the field, then you get rid of keller.

All League
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4073497]Asomugha will be a Jet. This decision will determine the course of the rest of his playing days. I can't hold it against him for doing his due diligence. Once he decides, there's no going back. Besides, he can't even sign until tomorrow at 6pm. Everyone's been on edge, including me. I think we all need to calm down a little.[/QUOTE]

True, its not official until tommorrow at 6pm for FAs.....however I am almost positive that when a player agrees to terms (like Holmes already has) they cant back out of it, I heard a few places they sign a tenative agreement so its basiclly a done deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4073505]Look at it from Nnamdi's perspective. If I'm him I tell my agent two things: 1) You will make me a NY Jet. 2) Float rumors, negotiate hard, put a little scare into the Jets to get me the best deal possible....but that deal will be with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the way I'm looking at it.

If the money is even remotely the same, the upside of signing with us smashes anything the Texans can offer.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4073508]Where the hell is scoops!![/QUOTE]

If he was going to post, it would be a thread titled "Jets sign Nnamndi" and about 15 minutes later, the ESPN/NFL Network guys would get the story

[QUOTE=mcsully;4073427]Question

Are the Jets better with Aso and Revis then Revis, Cro and say Edwards

While Tom Brady might fear Aso and Revis, BB might fear Revis, Cro and Edwards more..

Lastly.. What happens if Aso signs else where and Cro & Edwards don't resign? What players will they target?[/QUOTE]

Nnamdi trumps both Cro and Edwards combined. You can't have two number ones on the same team, one will eventually give to the other and in this case Braylon was going to lose out to Holmes, no way they were both going to catch 90 passes. Now Cotchery can be that number 2 again and Keller can start to see more passes thrown his way, the slot receiver becomes another alternative, Sanchez doesn't have to cave in to the pressure of pleasing both prima donnas. Then the Nnamdi vs. Cro argument is redundant at this point, throwing in his direction is asking for trouble, he will get tested more this season, but the results will be the same.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;4073511]True, its not official until tommorrow at 6pm for FAs.....however I am almost positive that when a player agrees to terms (like Holmes already has) they cant back out of it, I heard a few places they sign a tenative agreement so its basiclly a done deal.[/QUOTE]

Brandon stokley did today

[QUOTE=SINYJets;4073421]This thread is starting to remind me of the 'Bart Scott is he coming to NY...yes he is...no he's not...yes he is...' thread when he was a free agent.[/QUOTE]

Same could be said when we went for Farve. Once we freed up #4, that was the hint it's soon to be a done deal. Unfortunately, LT wears #21. :D