Page 1 of 205 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets reach out to Aso (Merged many times)

Jets Insider VIP

Jets reach out to Aso (Merged many times)

Boom goes the dynamite.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/07/jets_contact_free-agent_corner.html[/url]

[quote=Jenny Vrentas][B]Jets contact free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha[/B]
    Published: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 7:24 PM Updated: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 7:26 PM
    By /The Star-Ledger
    Jenny Vrentas

Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE
    Nnamdi Asomugha is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agent class.
    The Jets have reached out to free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to two people informed of the communication between the sides. These people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for either side.
    Asomugha is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agency class.
    More to come.[/quote]
    Last edited by crasherino; 07-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Veteran

Jets Reach out to Nnamdi

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/07/jets_contact_free-agent_corner.html[/url]

All League
    popcorn please

Vrentas obviously doesn't know about the I.R.A. blog, the Morristown flight, and Cromartie to the Raiders done deal yet.

I'm pretty sure they're reaching out to everyone. Hopefully they're reaching a little further with this one...

Can we get an official where will namndi go thread or something?

Hall Of Fame
    Boom goes the dynamite.

:alien:
    _

YES!! Complete pipedream I know but stay with me folks...

Imagine if Tanny somehow convinced Edwards, Aso, Holmes to all sign and make it not a cap nightmare... I think I would buy a poster of Tanny lol

Not gonna happen but fun to dream lol.

All League
    this makes me happy

Jets Insider VIP
    Story has been updated slightly:

[quote=Jenny Vrentas]The Jets have reached out to free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to two people informed of the communication between the sides. These people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for either side.
    Asomugha, a star in Oakland, is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agency class.
    Paying for Asomugha may be a challenge for the Jets, who have Darrelle Revis under contract for $7 million this season plus an $18 million option bonus. But never say never with the Jets, who have to be enticed by the potential lockdown duo of Asomugha and Revis.
    It's not clear how strong the Jets' interest is. On their list of their own free agents is Antonio Cromartie, who played well opposite Revis last year. Earlier today, the team contacted Cromartie.[/quote]

[QUOTE=TheMo;4069629]YES!! Complete pipedream I know but stay with me folks...

Imagine if Tanny somehow convinced Edwards, Aso, Holmes to all sign and make it not a cap nightmare... I think I would buy a poster of Tanny lol

Not gonna happen but fun to dream lol.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy an inflatable doll.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4069628]Boom goes the dynamite.

_[/QUOTE]

I won't believe this unless there are 7 threads on it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4069635]I won't believe this unless there are 7 threads on it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to start a thread that asked "Have we reahed out to Aso?" but I thought the dynamite rip-off was more elegant.

_

Half way there.

How many people here just blew their loads? :rolleyes:

deep breaths.......deep breaths

The Jets have reached out to the camp of free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to two people informed of the communication between the sides. These people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for either side.

Asomugha, a star in Oakland, is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agency class.

Paying for Asomugha may be a challenge for the Jets, who have Darrelle Revis under contract for $7 million this season plus an $18 million option bonus. But never say never with the Jets, who have to be enticed by the potential lockdown duo of Asomugha and Revis. They are also known for doing their due diligence.

It's not clear how strong the Jets' interest is. On their list of their own free agents is Antonio Cromartie, who played well opposite Revis last year. Earlier today, the team contacted Cromartie.

Earlier today, ESPN reported that Asomugha might be willing to take less money to play for a contender, and that he would be interested in going somewhere where he could work on his intended post-playing career, acting. New York would fit both categories.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/07/jets_contact_free-agent_corner.html[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4069633]Story has been updated slightly:[/QUOTE]

You need more updates.

The other thread is gaining traction. You'll be page 2 by 9:30.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4069637]I was going to start a thread that asked "Have we reahed out to Aso?" but I thought the dynamite rip-off was more elegant.

_[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Classy and understated. Although very cliquey.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4069640]How many people here just blew their loads? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JB1089;4069644]deep breaths.......deep breaths[/QUOTE]

He did lol :funnyguy:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4069628]Boom goes the dynamite.

_[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2;4069635]I won't believe this unless there are 7 threads on it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JStokes;4069637]I was going to start a thread that asked "Have we reahed out to Aso?" but I thought the dynamite rip-off was more elegant.

_[/QUOTE]

Deeks.:D

If the mods were on their trabajos they would've merged this with my thread already.