Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Appalling Hypocrisy Of The Republican Party Exposed In Three Simple Charts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Appalling Hypocrisy Of The Republican Party Exposed In Three Simple Charts

With all those calls going into Boehner's office yesterday, I really don't think that the republicans should be thinking that the American people are with them on their deficit proposal.

The American people are not being fooled by the republicans, only the republicans are...

They just cannot blame Obama for this mess.

[QUOTE]To listen to Congressional Republicans tell it, you'd think the US's colossal budget and debt problem was caused by one simple thing: The Democrats.

And although the Republicans do deserve significant credit for finally focusing the country and Washington on the magnitude of the problem--really--their hypocrisy on this issue is almost unbearable.

As we've reported, and as the three charts below show, the Republicans are every bit as responsible for the country's budget and debt mess as the Democrats (if not more so).

So it's no wonder that the great silent majority of reasonable Americans are disgusted by what's going on in Washington.

Don't believe that the Republicans are just as responsible as the Democrats for our current mess?

Check out the charts below.
    First, the explosion in government spending under presidents Bush and Obama, The first 8 years are Bush. The rest are Obama.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.businessinsider.com/republican-budget-hypocrisy-2011-7#ixzz1TIvm8gpe[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not about the Republicans. It's not about Boehner. It's not about hypocrisy.

It IS about Barack Obama [B]FAILING[/B] to take charge. It is about Barack Obama [B]FAILING[/B] to become the President of the United States. It is about Barack Obama [B]FAILING[/B] to provide focus, direction, and discipline in Washington, DC. Obama said that Washington, DC is now a three-ring circus. What an idiotic thing to say. Obama is one of those rings!! Doesn't he have the common sense to know that American voters see him as one of those rings? :dunno:

The United States government is a complete mess and Barack Obama is a significant part of this mess. Obama [B]FAILS[/B] to understand that he's supposed to get ahead of and solve problems, not exacerbate them.

The Bottom Line: Barack Obama is NOT Presidential material. He is NOT a leader or Chief Executive. He has NOT made the transition from Senator to President - and he never will. Time for Democrats to find a new candidate for President in 2012!

Just my $0.02.

:jets17

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the looks of those charts Bush was just the answer as POTUS. He showed leadership. He did not fail as POTUS. He did not fail to take charge. He did not fail to provide focus.

Bush understood how to get ahead of a problem and solve them.

Please, the republicans are the blame of this mess we are in. They had all the power when Bush, The Disaster, was POTUS and we are now reaping what was sowed.

The American people know all about the spending and who got us here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4e2ed489eab8ea557200001e/federal-spending-2000-2011.jpg[/IMG]

lolz.....that's great :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070327]From the looks of those charts Bush was just the answer as POTUS. He showed leadership. He did not fail as POTUS. He did not fail to take charge. He did not fail to provide focus.

Bush understood how to get ahead of a problem and solve them.

Please, the republicans are the blame of this mess we are in. They had all the power when Bush, The Disaster, was POTUS and we are now reaping what was sowed.

The American people know all about the spending and who got us here.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying we should focus on the mistakes of the past rather than the solutions of the present/future? I think almost every conservative here has held Bush over the fire for being a fiscal liberal.

The thing conservatives are saying today is you have to STOP SPENDING (same thing I always said to my exwife). The Republicans in the House have heard us for the most part. That is a good thing. I am not sure what else you would like to do. Last I heard the Billion dollar time machine project has not given any results so I think all we can do is learn from past mistakes and make it right for the future even if it is a little painful.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who exactly is defending the spending ways of the BW Bush sham?

None of this validates the absolute disaster that is Obama.

Let's move [I]forward[/I]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4070407]So you are saying we should focus on the mistakes of the past rather than the solutions of the present/future? I think almost every conservative here has held Bush over the fire for being a fiscal liberal.

The thing conservatives are saying today is you have to STOP SPENDING (same thing I always said to my exwife). The Republicans in the House have heard us for the most part. That is a good thing. I am not sure what else you would like to do. Last I heard the Billion dollar time machine project has not given any results so I think all we can do is learn from past mistakes and make it right for the future even if it is a little painful.[/QUOTE]

All I hear from the republicans is that the spending is Obama's fault. Obama is not a leader and crap like that. Bushco is clearly the bottom line of this disaster and for Boehner and all the other republicans to present Obama as the problem is the pure hipocrazy of this matter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4070414][B]Who exactly is defending the spending ways of the BW Bush sham?[/B]

None of this validates the absolute disaster that is Obama.

Let's move [I]forward[/I][/QUOTE]

The republicans are by just blaming Obama. The republicans are by pushing for the tax cuts to stay in place.

Just look at the charts. The tax cuts for the rich are a burden to the economy. Moreover, the 'job creators' aren't doing a good job of making jobs here in America

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070416]All I hear from the republicans is that the spending is Obama's fault. Obama is not a leader and crap like that. Bushco is clearly the bottom line of this disaster and for Boehner and all the other republicans to present Obama as the problem is the pure hipocrazy of this matter[/QUOTE]

I don't see it that way. Bush definitely was a big spender. No question. He sucked and was a RINO on that front for sure. However Obama is the president NOW and he is blocking every attempt at getting things done NOW. Bush hasn't been the problem for 2 years. He isn't the one blocking spending cuts or saying "we will cut 4 trillion dollars as long as it isn't from Obamacare, medicare, medicaid, ss, etc, etc and I need this pushed past the election because I don't give a damn about the country, just my re-election".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070426]The republicans are by just blaming Obama. The republicans are by pushing for the tax cuts to stay in place.

Just look at the charts. The tax cuts for the rich are a burden to the economy. Moreover, the 'job creators' aren't doing a good job of making jobs here in America[/QUOTE]

The tax cuts are a drop in the bucket when compared with spending.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4070389][IMG]http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4e2ed489eab8ea557200001e/federal-spending-2000-2011.jpg[/IMG]

lolz.....that's great :D[/QUOTE]
    $1.8 T in tax cuts is not a federal cost, it was never the federal government's money to begin with.

This is some week. I'm learning that Jesus is really on the Democrats' side and the money I make belongs to the federal government.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4070431]I don't see it that way. Bush definitely was a big spender. No question. He sucked and was a RINO on that front for sure. However [B]Obama is the president NOW and he is blocking every attempt at getting things done NOW[/B]. Bush hasn't been the problem for 2 years. He isn't the one blocking spending cuts or saying "we will cut 4 trillion dollars as long as it isn't from Obamacare, medicare, medicaid, ss, etc, etc and I need this pushed past the election because I don't give a damn about the country, just my re-election".[/QUOTE]

I see. Let's leave things to the guys that got us in this mess to lead the way out....I get it now. Let's do it their way.

Bush hasn't been the POTUS in 2.6 years but his problems are still here haunting us like the like the Blair Witch

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4070433]The tax cuts are a drop in the bucket when compared with spending.[/QUOTE]

Just face the facts; these 3 charts show the score just like the 28-21 NY Jets win over the Pats last year. The facts speak for themselves

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070449]I see. Let's leave things to the guys that got us in this mess to lead the way out....I get it now. Let's do it their way.

Bush hasn't been the POTUS in 2.6 years but his problems are still here haunting us like the like the Blair Witch[/QUOTE]

So what is your answer? There was some really good turn over in the 2010 elections. We need more in 2012 but to blindly say don't listen to republicans because they made mistakes under Bush is crazy. At least the Republicans are trying to cut spending NOW. We can't go back in time. We sent the message in 2010 and some of them heard it, again, what is your solution? Follow the dems and spend, spend, spend? Sooner or later you have to break the cycle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The chart missed a few things on Obama but so what.

Regardless of where you stand, without big cuts down the line after we are on track for recovery which we aren't, fundemental reform of entitlements and our military along with serious tax reform on both business and personal taxes we are heading for a dissaster.

The article which is purely political isn't part of a solution it is part of the politics that prevents solutions.

Anyone who watched Obama and the Speaker the other night give purely partisan political speeches should be upset. The President can't escape blame for this. He is the leader of this country and he has been piss poor in keeping his own party in line and shaping a deal that we badly need.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070453]Just face the facts; these 3 charts show the score just like the 28-21 NY Jets win over the Pats last year. The facts speak for themselves[/QUOTE]

So if you and I went out for a run in 2000 and I said lets run West and you never said anything against running west but ran with me. Then over the years depending on the terrain we would speed up or slow down our running a little but we never questioned my direction. Then in 2011 I said, hmm we better change direction because we are about to run into the Pacific ocean or fall into the Grand Canyon or whatever analogy you want to use, you wouldn't listen to me and you would keep running West because of a "bad" decision I made over the past 10 years even though there are obvious major dangers ahead?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4070471]So if you and I went out for a run in 2000 and I said lets run West and you never said anything against running west but ran with me. Then over the years depending on the terrain we would speed up or slow down our running a little but we never questioned my direction. Then in 2011 I said, hmm we better change direction because we are about to run into the Pacific ocean or fall into the Grand Canyon or whatever analogy you want to use, you wouldn't listen to me and you would keep running West because of a "bad" decision I made over the past 10 years even though there are obvious major dangers ahead?[/QUOTE]

Let's forget about hypothetical situations, President Obama, nor the American people trust the republicans to get us out of this mess their way. I don't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4070455]So what is your answer? There was some really good turn over in the 2010 elections. We need more in 2012 but to blindly say don't listen to republicans because they made mistakes under Bush is crazy. At least the Republicans are trying to cut spending NOW. We can't go back in time. We sent the message in 2010 and some of them heard it, again, what is your solution? Follow the dems and spend, spend, spend? Sooner or later you have to break the cycle.[/QUOTE]

I have been stating for years to end the wars for starters....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4070483]Let's forget about hypothetical situations, President Obama, nor the American people trust the republicans to get us out of this mess their way. I don't.[/QUOTE]

We had 4 years of the Democrats controlling both houses including the years prior to and after the crash. We have had 2 years of complete Democratic dominance of government after the crash. Nobody trust any one including the Democrats or Obama to get us out of this mess. That's the reason the Republicans were thrown out and it's the reason the Democrats were thrown out in the last election.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4070495]We had 4 years of the Democrats controlling both houses including the years prior to and after the crash. We have had 2 years of complete Democratic dominance of government after the crash. Nobody trust any one including the Democrats or Obama to get us out of this mess. That's the reason the Republicans were thrown out and it's the reason the Democrats were thrown out in the last election.[/QUOTE]

So then a compromised position from both sides is due? Let me see, which side is not willing to compromise here again?