Thread: The Draft - REAL Voting thread

Veteran

The Draft - REAL Voting thread

Since the first one belongs in the hampur or the poli forum thanks to a certain frenchie who shall remain nameless I'm starting a real voting thread.

Everbody just post their votes for the 3 teams they like.

Example:

1st place: The Turk - Simply the best

2nd place: Anyone Else - Because of blah blah blah

3rd place: Someone other than those two - Well this dude blah blah blah.

You don't need to write commentery if you don't want to but it makes for an interesting discussion.

I'll tally up the scores and crown myself the Champion on wednesday morning (Turkish time - thats EST +7 ) just to give everyone two full business days to get their votes in.

You have until Monday to set your 11's and send me any picks you'd like to correct. We'll start voting on monday then.
    Last edited by The Turk; 07-29-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Veteran
    I'll start:

First Place: Bay Ridge Jet

I would have voted for Bay Ridge Jet, but since he dropped Reyna for Chilavert he has no American in the team as far as I can see...

The only gripe I have is that I'd play Rivaldo as the playmaker and put Kaka on the right as the only right footed midfielder, that would free up Malouda to play on the left his natural position.

I like the talent up front and I esspecially like the Goalie-2 center back combination.

Second Place: Woody Page

I love the attacking line of Messi-Batigol-Robben, the back four and the goalie is also solid. For midfield I'd have sat Gio v.Bronchorst and played Xavi Alonso beside Viera; and Davids is more of a box to box midfielder then a playmaker I'd have picked someone a little more creative. I'm not crazy about the manager but the bench is also solid Shearer, Ayala (I might even consider him ahead of Chiellini).

anyway very nice picking congrats mate.

Third place: Devs Jets Yanks

Very balanced team. No weak spots. I love the midfield in particular. The Ibrahimovic-Villa partnership didn't pan out in real life at Barça but with zidane behind them I think theyd make it.

Honorable mention: Bitonti

Again a very balanced team but I'm not a fan of Heinze and overall the back four could have been a little better. The forward line is the third best and the midfield is also very good. I'ma big fan of veron and I tried to find him a place in the lineup but really couldn't maybe a switch to 3-4-3 with Heinze coming out veron going in might've been my choice but nıt by far.

Comments on the rest:

Paulie - The make a 3-4-3 work you'll need at least 2 very good devensive midfielders. Your midfielders are all attacking midfileders and you have only one true winger (Ribery) and he's french . err, I meant you're playing him inside that's a no-no. And Terrado? Reach.

RD - You have the best goalie and I really like the back four. But your strikers are very similar to each other rather then complimenting each other. And I'm not a fan of your midfiled. The only guy who can hit the ball with his left foot is playing on the right and WLF is Podolski doing there? The guy plays well once every four years in the national team I wouldn't even want him on Galatasaray in real life.

Frosty- You have no midfield mate. Figo and del piero are both players that are nowhere to be seen when not in possession and v.bommel altough very good can't be a one man midfield.

Batman - A well balanced team but I think there were better options available at RB, DMF and for striker I'd have played Weah or Stoichkov instead of Suker. Not a big fan of Guardiola the coach either, I can't see him have anywhere near the level of success he's had in Barça without the three midgets. See Rijkaard.

Royals & Jets - Like Frosty I think your midfiled is also a little too soft without any defensive enforcers in there It would be hell winning the ball back. I like the Zola-Crespo-Sukur attacking lineup though very complimentary to each other.

Edit: As a result of the update of Bay ridge Jet
    Last edited by The Turk; 08-02-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    RD - You have the best goalie and I really like the back four. But your strikers are very similar to each other rather then complimenting each other. And I'm not a fan of your midfiled. The only guy who can hit the ball with his left foot is playing on the right and WLF is Podolski doing there? The guy plays well once every four years in the national team I wouldn't even want him on Galatasaray in real life.
    That's fair.

I think I have the best back 4 + goalie.

Makelele, Top 3 of the decade IMO.

Then Overmars and Podolski are reaches, but could work, who knows.

I can't believe I let Weah go..he'd be perfect.

Jets Insider VIP
    1 - WOODY

The only thing I don’t like is Edgar Davids as a n°10, otherwise awesome attack which complement each other well. In real life, that line would be downright scary. Friedel instead of Barthez…common . I’d also put Alonso instead of van brockhorst, but that's just me. Excellent team, with no weaknesses.

2 - Bitonti

Excellent all around. I really like the front 3 and back 4. Not a big fan of the GK's, I think you could have found better. Very strong MF. Good job.

3 - DJY

Great back 4 + GK. I'd switch Pirlo and Gattuso...and of course with Zidane feeding your strikers, that should work out.

Others:

Paulie - Like Turk said, no way you pull that formation off with one defensive MF

Turk - In your formation Lampard and Xavi are defensive MF??? What are you smoking I want some. Hagi and Baggio are the same player. Hagi would always be leaning towards the center. I love the back 3 though, perfect.

Frostlich – Stam - Kohler = beastly!! Solid back 4 plus Kahn. Not sure what you want Figo to do, is he a winger MF, or playing next VB as a defensive MF?

Royal – No defensive MF. I would put Diarra in for Beckham, and have Nedved on the right.

Batman - Well balanced team but 2 thinks I don't like: Stoichkov on the bench, and cutting Weah. Dude!
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 08-01-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Turk - In your formation Lampard and Xavi are defensive MF??? What are you smoking I want some. Hagi and Baggio are the same player. Hagi would always be leaning towards the center. I love the back 3 though, perfect.
    Fair point about Hagi and Baggio but I just didn't have the heart to cut either of them. I was going with Masherano and Khedira as his sub before I fleeced you out of Lampard but I really do think Lampard and Xavi are true box to box midfielders that can pull that formation off. One by himself can't but the two together should work IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Fair point about Hagi and Baggio but I just didn't have the heart to cut either of them. I was going with Masherano and Khedira as his sub before I fleeced you out of Lampard but I really do think Lampard and Xavi are true box to box midfielders that can pull that formation off. One by himself can't but the two together should work IMO.
    Xavi probably but I don't see Lampard in that role at all. Give me Keane or Vieira type MF rather than a Xavi/Lampard for that position.

1st place - Bay Ridge - Human Centipede United
    Buffon in Goal, with Eto and Ronaldo up top, nasty. Kaka underrated. Rio the Bull and other Englishmen along the back 4. Solid.

2nd place - WoodyPaige
    BatiGol with Robben and Messi. just Nasty really like that attack. Davids as a play maker, Puyol might be the best centerback in the last 10 years.

3rd place - Royals & Jets
    Herman Crespo was underrated, free kicks will be deadly with Beckham and Chrs. Ronaldo. Zola as a playmaker, nice.

Hon Mention (not a vote, just a shout out) - PaulieC - SinatraFC

Paulo Maldini nice pick. Italian heavy but i like that. Ballack is nasty in the midfield, Rooney/Totti/Donovan is an undersized but potent strike force.

All Pro
    Turk. I dropped reyna for Marcus Hahnamann. An American keeper. Re-think!...or don't. It's cool either way

Jets Insider VIP
    D'oh! I forgot to comment your team BRJ

Buffon awesome pick. I may be alone on this but I'm not a big fan of all the back 4, Carvalho maybe... I know they're good, but not ELITE if you see what I mean (I'll pull out statz if I have to ).

Otherwise, Love the Essien pick, plus the rest of the MF (even though Malouda plays on the left).

Bonus points for the best name

Del Piero is my Trequartista - with 3 strikers in front of him....on the aggressive side but there you have it. My midfielders weren't much to speak of so I went with the 4-2-1-3 formation since I felt I was loaded with strikers compared to MFs. Granted, Figo may not have been the best choice along side MVB, but I couldn't bring myself to putting him on the bench. I debated picking up De Jong as a dirty defensive MF but figured that would be one too many Dutchmen.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Woody - aside from not taking Mia Hamm - very nice.
    2. DJY - Was never a big believer in Lucio, but the rest is solid.
    3. Turk - the Midfield and attackers are filthy talented.

Raoul - Podolski took you out of my top 3. The fly in the ointment - the turd in the punchbowl. FOR SHAME!
    Bit - No real criticism - just didn't like your midfield as much as some of the others.
    BRJ - strong - was just not a big of a fan of Eto'o as others.
    Paulie - also strong - never been as high on Ballack as others.
    R&J - Didn't miss my top 3 by much.
    Batman - nothing to complain about...Riquelme is a bit too streaky for my taste though...

1st: Bitonti - Ronaldhino, Forlan, and Drogba. Enough said. Or, it would have been, if you also didn't draft a terrific midfield (I'm a Milan shill so I like the Seedorf pick) and a locktight defense. Love Ramos back there, and you can definitely count on Pepe Reina.

2nd: Woody - A prolific attack anchored by Robben and Messi, a solid midfield, and a tough defense. Well drafted.

3rd: Turk - a great attack between Sheva, Raul, and Baggio, a truly ridiculous midfield, and a solid defense. I just don't like Howard in goal. He's great for an American in real life, but for a starter on a fantasy drafted team I think you might have done a bit better.

In my own defense, I should have went to a different formation, perhaps with 4 defensive backs. Ah well.

1st - BRJ Ronaldo,Eto'o Rivaldo = goals, a good solid back 4 infront of a good keeper protected by Essien who can also produce good goals.

2nd Bitoni A good team all over. Guaranteed goals with your top 3 and a very good back 4 and I rate Reina very highly.

3rd Raoul A great keeper in Peter Schmeichel with two international captains in front best DM in Makalele and goals and creativity in Overmars, Suarex, Iniesta and Aguero would have been second just not sure bout the left side with Ziege and Podolski

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals & Jets View Post
    3rd Raoul A great keeper in Peter Schmeichel with two international captains in front best DM in Makalele and goals and creativity in Overmars, Suarex, Iniesta and Aguero would have been second just not sure bout the left side with Ziege and Podolski
    Finally someone gets it.

Jets Insider VIP
    So who won this thing anyways?

Woody?

Veteran
    Woody won

Woody 14 pt
    Bay 12 pt
    Bit 8 pt
    DJY 4 pt
    Turk 2 pt
    Royal and RD 1 pt each