Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92

Thread: Jets believe James Jones has ability to be a top 5 receiver in football

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Could give many examples of the opposite to, the guys who went from average/buried on one team and worked out to be great on their next one like Cris Carter, Keenan McCardell, Joe Horn etc
    What you say is very true. I'm just not sure how many of those guys you listed were being touted as potential #1 WRs upon leaving their first team. And Carter's mediocrity issues came from drug abuse, the talent was known to be there. My main issue is the guys that get touted as having #1 ability after never showing it before. It's another thing if you sign a guy and he blows up silently. The touted ones? Buyer beware.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I very much doubt that Jones will get anywhere near the money that Braylon gets so we can put that idea to bed. Jones/Floyd will be about half of Braylons price IMO
    Your avatar makes me laugh for some reason.


    And please give me FLOYD if no Braylon.

    Thanks.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And please give me FLOYD if no Braylon.
    the guy who's only played 50 games in the last 5 seasons? what reason do you want this guy, other than the fact that he's tall? he seems like a big risk

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    the guy who's only played 50 games in the last 5 seasons? what reason do you want this guy, other than the fact that he's tall? he seems like a big risk

    Because Mark still needs that TALL receiver regardless to throw to that can outjump his shorter counterpart.


    And one who can catch the damn ball(and that's *not* James Jones).

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Because Mark still needs that TALL receiver regardless to throw to that can outjump his shorter counterpart.


    And one who can catch the damn ball(and that's *not* James Jones).
    randy moss will probably sign a 1 year deal and doesn't have that kind of injury risk

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    lol top 5 WR in the NFL? What?

    Potential to become a quality #2, sure. Top 5 is utterly absurd.

    I like Jones and would love if the Jets signed him, but come on. This is crazy talk.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    randy moss will probably sign a 1 year deal and doesn't have that kind of injury risk
    True but.....Randy Moss??? C'mon.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Let's all go back to the OP who said he was listening to satellite radio :






    NOTE THE BOLD AND UNDERLINED!



    Dump and Lock this Thread.

    Chris Mortensen's credibility is as good as Charlie Burkowitz.
    really? cause 2 days prior to Aso signing he said "maybe the cowboys or even eagles could emerge as a surprise team ... this thing is not a done deal" ... way before we heard anything of the eagles. Also said Eagles would load up and prepare for them to sign 3-4 big names on defense ... ummmm thats happened. Reported Santonio will stay with the Jets and that they aren't in a bad cap situation 2 days before that became to fruition to the rest of the world. yeah man the guy is just clueless. called peppers to chicago days before it happened last year ... come on dude he's not chris broussard just blabbing stuff. the guy actually talks to people before he says anything ...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Carter's mediocrity issues came from drug abuse, the talent was known to be there.
    so James Jones talent isn't there? lol have you watched him play?

    look something some of you are getting wrong right now is that i'm not saying Braylon is WORSE than James Jones RIGHT NOW. Just saying if Braylon isn't going to be here than James Jones is the next best thing. On top of that Braylon is who he is. He's not any more explosive now than he was years ago. James Jones has the potential if given more opportunity and given more focus ... he could put up bigger numbers than Braylon. Nothing wrong with anyone thinking that. Its not blasphemy ... relax some of you. Also I'm not saying Jones is a top 5 receiver ... i'm saying thats the word out there that some teams view him as high as a prime #1 receiver. The fact that maybe the Jets view him as a possible top 5 receiver isn't that far fetched. He's got ability ... the speed, physical strength, and mere ability. If he fixes certain things .... possibilities are endless.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Your avatar makes me laugh for some reason.
    Best Character on TV

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,972


    Show me a video of James Jones coming close to making this kind of sick catch.

    Holmes doesn't make that catch.

    Tanny Should have made Edwards Plan B if no Aso. We could try and work out a deal for AS, if the Eagles would be willing to eat some of his contract.

    Tanny failed Jet fans big time.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-31-2011 at 01:17 AM.

  12. #72
    Tanny tried to give us the wet dream we all(or most of us) wanted can't blame him Nnamdi and his agent used us. Now Cro is feeling it and BE although good showed signs he still has alot to learn. DUI after beatdown of LeBrons friend then out drinking again at Poker game FO probably tired of his off field BS even though I like the guy

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Best Character on TV


    Gotta be the mustache. It looks like there's a caterpillar crawling up his nose.



    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Tanny tried to give us the wet dream we all(or most of us) wanted can't blame him Nnamdi and his agent used us. Now Cro is feeling it and BE although good showed signs he still has alot to learn. DUI after beatdown of LeBrons friend then out drinking again at Poker game FO probably tired of his off field BS even though I like the guy
    I doubt the off-the-field BS would have ANY bearing here. Braylon's AGENT(and I really hate him for this) has decided to take it upon himself to ask for Holmes money to which Tanny rightly telling them to 'Go test the market and come back when you're ready to negotiate a reasonable deal'. This is all about MONEY. Always has, Always will.




    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post


    Show me a video of James Jones coming close to making this kind of sick catch.

    Holmes doesn't make that catch.

    Tanny Should have made Edwards Plan B if no Aso. We could try and work out a deal for AS, if the Eagles would be willing to eat some of his contract.

    Tanny failed Jet fans big time.

    So long as Braylon remains unsigned(and the Jets do not sign James Jones), I'm going to hold off of joining the "Tanny Failed" club. I think once Braylon lowers his demands, Tanny will give him a call. That's my opinion and hope.




    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    so James Jones talent isn't there? lol have you watched him play?

    look something some of you are getting wrong right now is that i'm not saying Braylon is WORSE than James Jones RIGHT NOW. Just saying if Braylon isn't going to be here than James Jones is the next best thing. On top of that Braylon is who he is. He's not any more explosive now than he was years ago. James Jones has the potential if given more opportunity and given more focus ... he could put up bigger numbers than Braylon. Nothing wrong with anyone thinking that. Its not blasphemy ... relax some of you. Also I'm not saying Jones is a top 5 receiver ... i'm saying thats the word out there that some teams view him as high as a prime #1 receiver. The fact that maybe the Jets view him as a possible top 5 receiver isn't that far fetched. He's got ability ... the speed, physical strength, and mere ability. If he fixes certain things .... possibilities are endless.
    You're right about one thing : The possibilities *are* endless.

    For instance, the possibility of James Jones signing with us and turning out to be another JUSTIN McCAREINS(I don't give a fk if I spell it wrong) after all.

    The thing is that I refuse to believe that the JETS see *anything* in this guy mainly 'cause the SOURCE of this "info" came from Chris Mortensen who just happened to GUESS RIGHT earlier on. That doesn't make him nostradamus....





    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    really? cause 2 days prior to Aso signing he said "maybe the cowboys or even eagles could emerge as a surprise team ... this thing is not a done deal" ... way before we heard anything of the eagles. Also said Eagles would load up and prepare for them to sign 3-4 big names on defense ... ummmm thats happened. Reported Santonio will stay with the Jets and that they aren't in a bad cap situation 2 days before that became to fruition to the rest of the world. yeah man the guy is just clueless. called peppers to chicago days before it happened last year ... come on dude he's not chris broussard just blabbing stuff. the guy actually talks to people before he says anything ...
    The words used by Chris were :

    MAYBE

    COULD EMERGE

    WOULD LOAD UP


    Just because Mort ended up being right doesn't mean he knew what was going to happen. Incarceratedbob made some GUESSES and he was correct in some of them, too. Yes...GUESSES which is what Chris Mortensen did.

    Sports analysts are about as reliable as Weather Forecasters. Give me a break, Ladainian.
    Last edited by Vin; 07-31-2011 at 03:42 AM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Who the hell cares about Braylon's drops. He wins games. Jones doesn't. Driver and Jennings have both been hurt over the last 3 years, And JONES STILL COULDN'T PASS JORDY NELSON on the depth chart.

    We're talking about giving Jones 8-10 million a year. No way. He's not shown anything remotely close to consistent play on field to warrant that.
    Yeah give me Braylon anyday. At least we know what #17 is capable of as he showed in big games last year. JJ looks intriguing on his highlight reel but Edwards highlight tape prolly looks better too plus his excellent rapport and chemistry/understanding with Sanchize is prolly underrated as well

  15. #75
    Does the plax signing put Jones to the Jets to rest?

  16. #76
    Oh what could have been.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Oh what could have been.
    He's playing in a very different offense in Green Bay, don't forget that. He's made some nice catches, but he would not be the same type of player here.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's playing in a very different offense in Green Bay, don't forget that. He's made some nice catches, but he would not be the same type of player here.
    You're a smart guy ... You know damn well he's the one guy teams will double and thats why Nelson gets ALL those 1 on 1's. If we can do it all over again don't even lie .....

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    He could have been had this offseason but GB wanted a #2 draft pick. Miami had some interest but not at a #2 pick.

    He is a GB lifer now that jennings will not be signed in the offseason. Oh well. The guy is having a phenominal year. Hes a TD machine.

  20. #80
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,370
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Oh what could have been.
    Were you saying the same thing when the Pack was playing CHI and Jones went 1 for -6 and Rogers was screaming at him on the field for running crap routes?

    He's got multi million dollar talent with a ten cent head. Maybe he'll put it all together, but I wouldn't spend bick bucks on the dude just yet.

    Still, there's no disputing that the Pack has some real talent at WR. Considering they're missing their #1 WR for pretty much the whole season, having Nelson, Cobb and Jones (Driver too, if need be) to fall back on, as well as Finley and Crabtree, ain't so bad.

    I happen to think that the Jets WR corp, as it stands now, isn't so terrible either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us