Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets believe James Jones has ability to be a top 5 receiver in football

Veteran
    Another product of Rodgers.

Do you really think him and nelson would be as successful without an MVP QB?

Its the Peyton Manning effect.

Also, did you really dig up a year and a half post just to pull a "told you so?" in an effort to get people on this forum to take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I happen to think that the Jets WR corp, as it stands now, isn't so terrible either.
    I have to admit, I thought the Jets were making a huge mistake by not going with a veteran. But Kerley is a good-looking #3, and might be a borderline #2 by the end of the season. Schilens has been more dependable than expected as a #3/#4, and J. Hill is a guy you want to try to develop as a speed guy at #5.

If S. Hill makes a leap in the offseason, and Holmes comes back with minimal effects from the foot injury, I'd be glad to go to war with this group next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I have to admit, I thought the Jets were making a huge mistake by not going with a veteran. But Kerley is a good-looking #3, and might be a borderline #2 by the end of the season. Schilens has been more dependable than expected as a #3/#4, and J. Hill is a guy you want to try to develop as a speed guy at #5.

If S. Hill makes a leap in the offseason, and Holmes comes back with minimal effects from the foot injury, I'd be glad to go to war with this group next year.
    If Sanchez has a second or two to throw, these guys are sufficient for our needs now. If he doesn't, its academic.

The WR corps is fine. Could be better, but Kerley and Hill are getting a great opportunity with Holmes out. It will help them grow. With Holmes back next season, the group is not bad at all. As for the QB? Far less convinced....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Typical overrating of talent this FO is becoming known for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Thank you!!!

How anyone can think that we have a WR corp as good as Detroit, Arizona, GB etc is beyond me. It is just maddness that people think that we have that kind of talent on the offensive side of the ball taking the QB out of the equation.

Unfortuantely the Jets FO seems to feel the same way!!!

All League
    For a trade

I don't get it. How are we going to get this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    x10000
    Not to mention overvaluing by the fan base.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Best Character on TV
    To bad it doesn't translate to the interwebs. That's all I'm a liberty to say.

All Pro

I'd like to see Schilens get a shot at the #2 job now and see where it goes. SHill looks like he could develop into a good #1 if that TD pass was really he and Sanchez reading the coverage, and making an adjustment on faith. Quite frankly none of the players that have been mentioned make that play. If it wasn't just dumb luck then we may have somthing there. This offense could surprise a lot of people if the receivers get on the same page with Mark, and Sporano's system. Who cares how many yards he threw for? All the same people saying to just watch them, and not look at the stats are now saying he only threw for 86 yards. Watch the game and you'll see a QB and receivers that are starting to get in sync. The talent is there, and I haven't even mentioned Kerley who has turned into a top 5 slot receiver. F Santonio. The Everyone is better off without him, as the defense seems to be without Revis. Hopfully they build enough confidence this year that those guys can come back and be complimentary, without taking over next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    SHill looks like he could develop into a good #1 if that TD pass was really he and Sanchez reading the coverage, and making an adjustment on faith. Quite frankly none of the players that have been mentioned make that play. If it wasn't just dumb luck then we may have somthing there. This offense could surprise a lot of people if the receivers get on the same page with Mark, and Sporano's system.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...o-Hill-5-yd-TD

that touchdown was a thing of beauty and one of the best throws i've seen Sanchez make in a long time.

he looked off the coverage, waited for someone to get open, felt the pressure and moved up in the pocket, reset his feet and fired a laser where only Hill could get it.

that's exactly the kind of play people are constantly saying that Sanchez can't make. it was encouraging to see him do it and looking so calm in the process, trusting the play-call, trusting the protection and trusting his WR to make a play. it also set the tone for the remainder of the game. after having the pick-6 called back, the Jets needed to score a TD in that spot or the momentum could've shifted back to the Colts.

the Colts were the right team at the right time for our offense to get some confidence back. hopefully it carries over into next week.
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 10-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.