Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets believe James Jones has ability to be a top 5 receiver in football

Jets believe James Jones has ability to be a top 5 receiver in football

Listening to satellite radio in my car i caught the interview half ass but i think it was chris mortensen ... said the Jets as well as a few other teams viewed James Jones as high as a #1 receiver. Apparently he was the Jets back up plan if Santonio deal didn't get done. Analyst on radio then said if James Jones straightens out his drops he's easily a Steve Smith (Panthers) type of guy. Word is the Eagles (what a shocker) are interested in him in replacing Desean Jackson incase a deal doesn't come into place. If that happens Desean is now avbailable for a established player and a #2-3 pick or straight up for a #1 pick. Eagles don't beliebe Desean is worth the money since he caught less than 50 passes last year even though his Yards Per is as high as anybody.

I hope the Jets bag Jones within the next day or 2. Aaron Rodgers said before the superbowl the Packers used to watch film and be marveled at the fact he catches up to balls that look overthrown. Charles Woodson said prior to the superbowl that Jones destroys all their corners in practice and he's impossible to contain 1 on 1. A lot of teams are high on him and his value is increasing as each day that passes. The only issue is that the kid has a ring already and what he's really interested in is a nice pay day. I hope we can find a way to bring him in. We'll lose the run blocking Braylon gave us but he's FAR more explosive. Just needs to hold on to that ball ... he's got incredible hands its his lack of focus. I seen him make ridiculous catches and then miss easy ones. Bring him in Tanny!

All Pro
    While blowing by the CB is sweet, catching the ball is a pretty important skill for a WR also, no?

All League
    Been saying the same thing. Dude has legit #1 potential, just needs to get the mental down.

All League
    Butterfingers and is too similiar to holmes in style

Good then sign him

JJ..#1 Potential = Him and his agent demanding #1 Money.

Not happening. If they can't afford Braylon, how would they afford JJ if he's got all this #1 potential?

I say just wait it out. BE will end up crawling back for far less.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Not happening. If they can't afford Braylon, how would they afford JJ if he's got all this #1 potential?

What I'm hoping for.

All League
    He is nothing like Holmes. He is a pretty thick, possession guy who can get deep. Holmes is a scrawny, speed guy who runs great routes and uses his quickness to get open. Holmes could never make this play as most WR's can't.

(****ty quality)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc19m...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnJpjj5jHk&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I disagree dude ... no team in their right mind will ever come out publicly and say he's a #1 receiver type. They'll just sit there and play it out like "we don't want butter fingers" ... bottom line is scouts and faculty talk. People are talking and this is the word. Still I don't think JJ gets #1 receivers money but if you can get him say ... 3years 10 mil with bonuses thats not a good look? I mean you're basically telling him you'll play every snap and with our QB and people locking in on Holmes and Keller you'll get your bonus money ... i say go for it. James Jones in my mind is an upgrade over Braylon Edwards as far as a receiver threat. He's not that similar Holmes at all. He's actually faster and players a lot taller. Anyone remember the catch he made against the Eagles in the 2nd half for a TD ... dude jumped up like Andre Johnson. The easy one's he tends to drop ... if he fixes that its a damn wrap.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    He is nothing like Holmes. He is a pretty thick, possession guy who can get deep. Holmes is a scrawny, speed guy who runs great routes and uses his quickness to get open. Holmes could never make this play as most WR's can't.

(****ty quality)

Are you kidding? I could make a catch where the two defenders hit each other...

SOLD

Get it done, Tanny, even over Braylon!

(****ty quality)

holy sh*t ... did you see how bad he burned Donovan Joseph in the bad quality version ... lol ... thats supposed to be a top 10 corner in this league. He absolutely schooled him ... also he's WAY bigger and stronger than Santonio. I didn't realize how big he was til I seen that video. What is he like 6'2 ... the guy is ripped though. He could easily be a 70 catches, 1200 yards guy. Mark has had deep threats but NOTHING like this guy. This guy could be a star if we bring him here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Are you kidding? I could make a catch where the two defenders hit each other...
    Get your eyes checked, #26 hits him helmet to helmet and he eats it...

Who?

He doesn't look like he has #1 hands to me.

All Pro
    Get your eyes checked, #26 hits him helmet to helmet and he eats it...
    Actually, more I watch it, more I think you're right ...he ducks under (nice move), takes a hit...that said...he's a decent player..just needs to catch the ball more consistently
    Last edited by brady's a catcher; 07-30-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Lets be a little realistic here, James Jones wouldn't still be available on the open market if he had any type of potential to become a "top 5 WR". Before we compare the potential of James Jones to those of Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne or even our very own Santonio Holmes... How about we see Jones put up more than 50 catches, 679 yards and 5 TD's during a single season (his career year). If Jones couldn't beat out WR's such as Donald Driver and Greg Jennings on the Packers depth charts, why should any of us feel that he a legit #1 WR? The man only has 13 career TD's after 4 years of playing time, even Braylon put up 16 TD's during his 3rd year with the Browns and believe me... Aaron Rodgers wasn't the QB in Cleveland. Nothing against Jones, but I'm already sick of hearing how he has so much potential when Braylon Edwards has done so much for our developing QB in Sanchez. Underrate our own player, just to overrate another player who you haven't seen play every Sunday. It's getting out of hand.

All League
    Word is the Eagles (what a shocker) are interested in him in replacing Desean Jackson incase a deal doesn't come into place.
    desean is under contract. he doesn't show, he loses a year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcAe1KIcA3c

we need this cat .... look at the ridiculous catch he makes against the falcons i think about 1:40 in ... also burns Patsies on a deep ball. Dude is a beast .what i really like is u can throw him lil short screen type passes and he gets yards. he's not afraid of contact, very physical, fast and explosive. the potential is definitely there. I can see after watching this why some teams think he has the POTENTIAL to be that guy ... key word potential. Put him in our offense please TANNY! let him go up against Revis in practice and with Vets like Bart Scott, LT and etc he'll learn how to be mentally strong pro.

Been saying the same thing. Dude has legit #1 potential, just needs to get the mental down.
    He's been in the league for 4 years now. He's only one year younger than Braylon Edwards. If he hasn't gotten "the mental down" after 4 years of being in the league, playing with the best QB out of the NFC... What makes you think he'll ever get it down? This isn't some 20-21 year old WR we're talking about. He's 27 years old. Legit #1 WR my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    SOLD

Get it done, Tanny, even over Braylon!
    dude drops almost everything.