Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets believe James Jones has ability to be a top 5 receiver in football

Quote Originally Posted by Bocajetfan68 View Post
    May not be fair but when you add in his DWI and how he was most likely given some conduct expectations when he was brought in, it might be more understandable. Becomes a risk reward issue and risk might be to high.
    The question now remains :

Will he even find a team 'cause right now......WOW.

He's not finding ANY takers. I'm sure he's shell-shocked at this point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The question now remains :

Will he even find a team 'cause right now......WOW.

He's not finding ANY takers. I'm sure he's shell-shocked at this point.
    He will find work just not for what he wanted or expected. Like I said earlier its risk reward with him that is holding him up right now. Lower the risk (dollars) and the rewards increese. Teams will bite maybe even the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I, personally, think the addition of Tom Jones would be great for our offense.

Ahhh yes, the annual "Alvin Harper Award" given to the "next unknown WR with #1 ability." Former winners include TJ Houshmandzadeh and our very own Justin McCareins. Learn from history folks, never sign a castoff WR to play a bigger role on your team. PASS.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

Ahhh yes, the annual "Alvin Harper Award" given to the "next unknown WR with #1 ability." Former winners include TJ Houshmandzadeh and our very own Justin McCareins. Learn from history folks, never sign a castoff WR to play a bigger role on your team. PASS.
    At least not for big money

Jets Insider VIP
    jones>edwards

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    jones>edwards
    Maybe in OVERRATED-ness, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I, personally, think the addition of Tom Jones would be great for our offense.

I heard he can sing, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Being a good pass catcher is a talent, not a skill. Unless Jones' drops are a matter of technique, he wont improve his hands in order to ever approach being a No. 1.

Also, hes 27 yrs old. He is not a young player. He's closer to the downside of his career than improving.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

Could give many examples of the opposite to, the guys who went from average/buried on one team and worked out to be great on their next one like Cris Carter, Keenan McCardell, Joe Horn etc

All Pro
    jones>edwards
    Every once in a while you say something that reminds why I associate your name with a facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Every once in a while you say something that reminds why I associate your name with a facepalm.
    Paradis, I find it hilarious that some fans continue to SPIN that yarn in order to convince THEMSELVES that Braylon wasn't worth being kept. It's comical.

All League
    jones>edwards
    just like sanchez>peyton manning

Not understanding this thread at all. We now want to replace a receiver whose biggest knock is his hands with a player whose biggest knock is...his hands.

And I still don't see why the drops follow Braylon - he had a horrible year in '08, but it's not like the guy has topped the league in drops in other seasons. Someone mentioned contract year...what about '07 when he put up 80 catches and 16 TDs? That was not a contract year.

I can only recall one awful drop on Braylon's account since he's been with the Jets, and that's the Buffalo game in Toronto where he was wide open on a bomb and the ball bounced off of his face. Outside of that, he was solid in '09, and he had the best hands of all of the Jet receivers last year.

So how can we consider paying Jones - a guy who is not as big, not as fast, not as strong, not as accomplished a blocker, and not as familiar with the offense - the same money we could spend to lock up Edwards?

If the team is ready to move on from BE then so be it. If Jones is the guy they bring in, I'm fine with that too, but not at #1 receiver money. That WOULD make this offseason a straight-up failure, and I'm one who gives the FO a complete pass on the Asomugha nonsense.

If there's one player I'd go after to replace Braylon, It's Malcolm Floyd and *ONLY* Malcolm Floyd.

James Jones is OVERRATED by EVERYONE Here it seems.

Veteran
    Bad hands? no thanks, I'll pass. Remember Justin McCairrens?

Dump ... BE is far > than Jones

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    N

So how can we consider paying Jones - a guy who is not as big, not as fast, not as strong, not as accomplished a blocker, and not as familiar with the offense - the same money we could spend to lock up Edwards?.
    This is everything that i'm having a problem accepting

Let's all go back to the OP who said he was listening to satellite radio :

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Listening to satellite radio in my car i caught the interview half ass but i think it was chris mortensen

NOTE THE BOLD AND UNDERLINED!

Dump and Lock this Thread.

Chris Mortensen's credibility is as good as Charlie Burkowitz.

I very much doubt that Jones will get anywhere near the money that Braylon gets so we can put that idea to bed. Jones/Floyd will be about half of Braylons price IMO

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    What I'm hoping for.
    I think the Jets are gambling on this while looking at other options.