Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon wants 5yrs/$50M per Arizona radio KTAR

Jets Insider VIP

Braylon wants 5yrs/$50M per Arizona radio KTAR

I almost drove off the road when I heard this on the radio coming back from lunch. Sports talk radio in AZ reported the following:

1. There is "mutual interest" between Braylon Edwards and the AZ Cardinals
    2. There is also interest from Redskins, Vikings and Titans
    3. Edwards wants a long term deal and is trying to start discussion around a 5yr / $50M number.

And we wonder why Tannenbaum isn't even considering a Braylon return???

Hall Of Fame
    he may be lucky to get six million a year

I'd guess he'll probably end up settling for around 7.

Doesn't hurt to aim high though, as long as he doesn't care where he ends up.

There were people here who wondered why we didn't just offer Braylon a 1 yr 3 million dollar deal.

Jesus lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Would have rather given 8 mill per to Braylon than Cro, but the team went in a different direction, nothing we can do about it now.

He would have taken 4 years for 32 mill.

All Pro
    He's out of his mind with those numbers. Hope he's got a comfy couch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm happy with Cromartie+Plaxico, which is what we got for almost that same price tag that Braylon is asking for

Hall Of Fame
    I liked when we agreed with Holmes and Cro and people here were saying "now go get Braylon and Cullen Jenkins, Tanny"

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4085776]I'm happy with Cromartie+Plaxico, which is what we got for almost that same price tag that Braylon is asking for[/QUOTE]

seriously. can you imagine the uproar on this board if the jets spend $$ for bray, didn't bring back cro, then the 2nd/3rd cbs were getting torched (which may happen anyway, but at least the jets tried)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4085764]

Jesus lol[/QUOTE]

Please don't laugh at my Lord.

_

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4085769]Would have rather given 8 mill per to Braylon than Cro, but the team went in a different direction, nothing we can do about it now.

He would have taken 4 years for 32 mill.[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    :barney::barney::barney::barney::barney::barney:

What a tool

[QUOTE=JStokes;4085782]Please don't laugh at my Lord.

_[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/151/197/guido-jesus-on-patience-photo-u1.jpg?1311197756[/IMG]

All Pro
    I wonder what kind if "home-town-discount" Braylon was generously offering the Jets? 5 years, $49M?

He's insane if he thinks he's getting anywhere near $10M a year. He'll be lucky to get $5M-$6M.

Never been so glad that we spent our money on Santonio and Cro. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4085813]I wonder what kind if "home-town-discount" Braylon was generously offering the Jets? 5 years, $49M?

He's insane if he thinks he's getting anywhere near $10M a year. He'll be lucky to get $5M-$6M.

Never been so glad that we spent our money on Santonio and Cro. :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1 LMAO was thinking the same thing to myself...I would LOVE to know what his idea of a hometown discount would of been.

Sent from my LG-P999

people saying they would rather give that money to Bray are RIDICULOUS.

who's going to play CB? You really trust Wilson right now as a #2? Get real.. Cro had a good year for us last year and will only get better.

Rookie
    Thats a high price tag for Braylon. AZ would be stupid to pay him that much.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;4085825]+1 LMAO was thinking the same thing to myself...I would LOVE to know what his idea of a hometown discount would of been.

Sent from my LG-P999[/QUOTE]

If he would agree to 5-6 million/year, he'd be a Jet. :yes:

[QUOTE=Heineken08;4085833]Thats a high price tag for Braylon. AZ would be stupid to pay him that much.[/QUOTE]

They won't. Braylon and his agent are clearly highballing them. Textbook negotiating tactic. His value on the market clearly took a hit as a result of his diva reputation so he's trying to regain leverage.

My guess is Cards sign Edwards to 4 yrs $28 mil which would be a great move for them. Fitz needs another good receiver to play opposite him so he isn't doubled or tripled on every obvious passing play. I'm drafting Kevin Kolb in fantasy football.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All you guys saying "I would've rather given Braylon 8 mil instead of Cro" would be crying 4 weeks into the season.

Wr's are a dime a dozen. If we signed Braylon, who would be our #2 CB? With Revis, the #2 CB is huge because nobody is throwing to Revis's side. If you go cheap at CB or go with an unkown, we'd be setting ourselves up for disaster.

The plan all along was to sign one of our WR's and spend big money on a CB. We were never spending big bucks on 2 WR's.

We're spending farnchise QB money on Sanchez. If he's really a fracnhise guy, he will make WR's better not the other way around. It's time for Mark to start carrying this offense. If he cant, well then we won't it all even if we had Holmes and Braylon.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 08-01-2011 at 05:34 PM.