Thread: JI Soccer Draft Coping Thread

JI Soccer Draft Coping Thread

The 5 stages of losing the JI Soccer Forum Draft:

1. Denial and Isolation.
    At first, we tend to deny the loss has taken place, and may withdraw from our usual JI posting. This stage may last a few moments, or longer. Time to hang out in the Hampur for awhile…

2. Anger.
    The losing GM may then be furious at the other GMs who did not vote for them (even if the others also received no votes), or at the entire JI world, for letting it happen. “You F-----G simpletons can’t understand my genius!” He may be angry with himself for taking part in the draft, even if, realistically, he had no chance of winning it.

3. Bargaining.
    Now the losing GM may make bargains with the other GMs, asking, "If I change my formation, or subs, will you vote for my team?"

4. Depression.
    The person feels numb, although anger and sadness may remain underneath.

5. Acceptance.
    This is when the anger, sadness and mourning have tapered off. The GM simply accepts the reality of the loss and resigns to the Hotties forum for a good coping fap(s).

I went straight for acceptance and passive aggressive whining... damn, that's okay, I don't know that much soccer anyhow, you foreigners are supposed to win this crap.

Actually it's cool to find out and learn more about players beyond my quite limited knowledge, and hold out hope that Tottenham will eventually find a striker and that Michael Bradley will start somewhere next season.

I think I should have drawn on my experience as my sons U6 coach years ago. It was an unconventional formation, but it was OUR formation: The 10.

Like Paraguay's run in the Copa, we didn't win a single game. Actually, we took it a step further and didn't score a single goal. I blame the players. The coach was a genius.

Agreed though, I always learn new (at least to me) players or ones that I've forgotten about when we do these things.

Veteran
    LMAO!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I think I should have drawn on my experience as my sons U6 coach years ago. It was an unconventional formation, but it was OUR formation: The 10.

Like Paraguay's run in the Copa, we didn't win a single game. Actually, we took it a step further and didn't score a single goal. I blame the players. The coach was a genius.

Agreed though, I always learn new (at least to me) players or ones that I've forgotten about when we do these things.