Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Mohr Podcast

Veteran
    Holy crap I don't believe I've ever commented on a SAR I thread as I believed he thinks himself a "GOD" on this JET site however I now have a new appreciation for him...well done SAR I, not that you need my approval.

You are now my favorite poster...just keeping it real.

Very, VERY well said SAR. However...If you go back...way, way back, you will see that I posted on JI quite regularly. Hell, I got into many a battle back in the day with posters over actual Jets stuff. JI was always my go to site for Jets news and fan postings. For the record. it was SEAN who first suggested that HE put up a link to the Borgata show because he wanted to go with a bunch of his friends. I agreed obviously because I thought it would be great to have a JI contingent at a show. I got pneumonia and had to cancel. As far as your Charlie Sheen/Howard Stern angle, I can't for the life of me find one sentence out of the over ten hours of podcasting that would make anyone, ANYONE have that impression? Is it all the talk about hookers, blow, winning and warlocks that does it? Is it the amount of times I speak about being a radio pioneer and ask Fred to back me up? This analogy is simply ridiculous.

There is nothing, NOTHING cushy about a radio show. it is an up at 4:30 am ten hour a day grind that I want no part of. it is also a MASSIVE pay cut from doing what I am currently doing. The reason I have the podcast I explain in the begining of the very first podcast. I like to talk. I love to tell stories. I have far too many stories that I wouldn't be able to tell in the confines of a one hour stand up show. I get paid no money. There is zero revenue in my podcast and it is a lot of work. I do it because I love it. As far as the "700 people in the Jay Mohr fanclub" or however you put it, they are a small slice of the 300k that download the website every week. One thing I have never been is insincere. Anyone on this board that has ever met me will tell you that I speak from my heart. I listen with my heart and I think from my heart. "Media Coach" is so laughable that I can't even wrap my mind around it

Furthermore: I don't have any "handlers" and I never have had a posse or entourage. I drive with my wife and kids to my gigs and when in the city I walk in the front door to the clubs alone. My podcast isone thing in it's entirety: HONEST. My insincerity has never come into question. In fact, my inability to bull**** people has cost me lots and lots of money. Charlie Sheen/Howard Stern? Simply terrific and hilarious and so, so far off course that I admire you for going to the bat rack and lifting lumber that is obviously too heavy for you. In the future may I recommend some other podcasts for you...Bill Burr has one called "Monday Morning" that is terrific. Anything where Jim Breuer is telling a story will always be worth a listen. "Doug at the movies" is tremendous and smart and well thought out. Hopefully you will find some enjoyment from one or all of these podcasts. I am pretty sure that the comics I have mentioned above also have no "Social Media Coaches" as well.

Freakin hilarious!!!!! Jay with Boomer & Carton

[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdX%2FdA%2FdB%2Fd9%2FXAB9_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561422131344123051_J8xDZIhBP4Kqzr8Sbhtu20kYFj8&podcast_name=Moment+of+the+Day+with+Jay+Mohr&podcast_artist=Boomer+%26amp%3B+Carton&station_id=91&tag=&dcid=CBS.NY[/URL]

In closing: I would like to thank you for your honesty. Regardless how how far off base I may think you are, my mother taught me a long, long time ago that you cannot argue with someone's feelings. If that is how you feel about my podcast then I thank you for posting it. I am a big boy and have been rejected many times out in the real world by real people that didn't have screen names. I can only promise you that I work very hard at these things I do. Many (MANY) of them fail. You know why? Because I keep swinging for the fences every freaking day. Every morning that I wake up and realize that I am surrounded by answered prayers, I walk in wonder at the amount of opportunities that lay before me. If that comes off as insincere to you then we will never see eye to eye on anything. I truly hope that at sometime in your life you find something that you are passionate about and get a chance to run it down. The Jets really should have focused their FA signings on pass rushers.

Well I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but when Jay was on Boomer & Carton a few months ago he was hilarious. I sat in my car with the engine running a few minutes after I reached my destination because it was that funny. Seriously.

Iím a big fan of the podcast format, I listen to Maronís WTF, Burrís Monday Morning, Sklarbro Country, Doug Loves Movies etc. I didnít realize Jay had one until I saw this thread.

Iíve downloaded and listened to the first for podcasts, and though not exactly what I expected, I found them very entertaining. Iíve been familiar with Jay since SNL but most recently through his work on Jim Romeís show, so I was expecting a little more of his sports opinions. I didnít expect a show dedicated solely to sports, but I thought there would be substantial sports content. Other things I expected were Jay being his uniquely silly self, and candid insights into the business of comedy, and in this the show delivered.

I agree that at times Jay interrupting Barry Katz during some of those fascinating anecdotes did mess with the flow of those stories, but it also gave the show the feel of a conversation between two reminiscing buddies rather than a standard interview. In the fourth podcast Jay took the opposite role and was constantly trying (somewhat in vein) to keep the goofy Bert Kreischer on track. Try to remember the show is in its infancy, Iím sure Jay is still getting a feel for what heís doing and we as listeners have to get used to the showís rhythm and feel (rather than judging it quickly for not being exactly what we expect).

Honestly though, for being only four episodes in, the show seems to be hitting its stride. Iím sure Jay will start working in some sports related stuff eventually... right? Some Braylon Edwards thoughts in the next show perhaps? :D

My biggest complaint is the four minutes of Kevin Smith commercials at the beginning of each podcast. I donít have to sit through that crap (or similar) on any of the other podcasts I listen to.

Anyways, Iím now a subscriber to Mohr StoriesÖ looking forward to the laughs (but the endless Kevin Smith commercials not so much).

Jay needs to put SAR in part of one of his podcasts.

Sar's a legend in his own mind.:zzz:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[gets popcorn]

I agree with SAR in spirit, the landing strip message board really isn't the proper place to advertise a user's personal project, regardless of that user's profile.

This should be in off-topic though I found it a very entertaining read.
    Last edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman; 08-06-2011 at 12:25 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4091603]Not to be funny, but can someone explain what a podcast is? is this a show or something...and in order to download, what if you don't have itunes? Thanks for any help

Sent from an HTC EVO[/QUOTE]

The ony thing involved in 'having' iTunes is downloading it to your computer. Then you download content (podcasts and songs if you want), which you can listen to on your computer or if you want to take it with you, on your iPod.

[URL]http://www.apple.com/itunes/[/URL]
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.

All League
    I think Sar and JayJay need to be on this new show

HomeAutosReal EstateJobsClassifiedsAppsPlace an AdBuy PicturesBuy TicketsDeal of the DayLoginRegisterTelevision
    SITEBLOGSDISCUSSIONSWEBSearch powered by

News
    Sports
    Gossip
    Entertainment
    Movies
    Television
    TV Listings
    Music & Arts
    Comics
    Contests
    Horoscopes
    Photos
    WATN Photos
    Columnists
    Entertainment Blogs
    Events
    Local
    Opinion
    Life & Style
    uPhoto
    More Sections +

ArticleComments
    Celebs confront haters on 'H8R', new TV show on CW; Snooki, Barry Bonds, Eva Longoria set to appear
    BY DAVID HINCKLEY
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, August 5th 2011, 1:00 PM

Ethan Miller/Getty; Eric Risberg/AP
    Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi and former San Francisco Giant Barry Bonds will confront haters on 'H8R."
    RELATED NEWS
    ARTICLES
    Sorry, Charlie, CBS hails Ashton
    Joel McHale cracks jokes about NBC
    NBC drama puts a 'Grimm' spin on fairytales
    So here's the deal. You're sitting there on Facebook or Twitter or your blog hating on Snooki. You hear a knock on the door. And there's Snooki, saying, "Yo, why you hatin' on me?"

What you do at that point is the idea behind "H8R," which debuts Sept. 14 on the CW, and host Mario Lopez says it's already bringing celebrities and haters closer together.

Snooki, for instance Ė big surprise that she's one of the first celebs, right? Ė ends up spending some quality time with her hater and at the end they hug and agree that from now on she will not be "Snooki" to him. She will be Nicole, her real name.

Touching.

Executive producer Mike Fleiss says "H8R' is really an upbeat, feel-good, win-win kind of deal because it shows how "these rich and famous people are really wounded and hurt when they hear someone hating on them. It makes them sad. It makes them feel bad about themselves."

At the same time, he says, confronting the hater makes the celeb look like a bigger person and perhaps "rehabilitate their personal image."

Lopez and the show's creator Lisa Gregorisch-Dempsey admit they come to the show seeing the issues on both sides.

The Internet "provides a forum for cowards," Lopez says. "They're in their home and probably chilling out in their underwear and saying all these vicious things" with no accountability.

"Mario and I live in that celebrity world because we produce and host 'Extra,' and we see who comes in with an entourage," said Gregorisch-Dempsey. "Tom Cruise rides his motorcycle himself. Julia Roberts come in by herself. And then somebody who was like a reject on 'Rock of Love' will come in with three publicists. So everyone in our morning meeting is like, 'Oh my God, I hate them' or 'I love them.' "

Fleiss adds, by the way, that the reconciliation meeting doesn't always work out. He said the show just filmed one unnamed celeb and a hater who "almost came to blows."

But hey, he said, maybe that makes for even better television. Gotta keep your eye on the prize here.

Each episode of the show will have two celebrities and two haters.

Celebs signed up so far, besides Snooki, include Kim Kardashian, Barry Bonds, Leah Remini, Kat Von D and Eva Longoria, whose hater presumably isn't her ex.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=halfsharkalligatorhalfman;4093728]I agree with SAR in spirit, the landing strip message board really isn't the proper place to advertise a user's personal project, regardless of that user's profile.

This should be in off-topic though I found it a very entertaining read.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this belonged in the Hampur.

SAR laid out some salient points and Jay refuted the relevant parts effectively as well. I happen to be a fan of both posters. :D

Jay, some of the best work you ever did on radio were the censored, earlier stuff on NEW with O&A, imho. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jayjay;4093614] I walk in wonder at the amount of opportunities that lay before me. [/QUOTE]

I pray that you get the opportunity to endorse Kenmore products at some point. The forum would crash with the volume of LOLs at SAR's expense.

Tokyo,

Is Mike Fleiss related to Heidi Fleiss?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;4093668] I sat in my car with the engine running a few minutes after I reached my destination because it was that funny. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Did you run a hose from the exhaust?

:dunno:

:D;)

[QUOTE=Sparky24;4093683]Jay needs to put SAR in part of one of his podcasts.[/QUOTE]

+1 I totally agree. They should just do this face-to-face on a podcast instead of on the message board. Jay wants SAR to put a name on it. No better way than to do a podcast together. It would probably be the most entertaining podcast ever.

I'll have to check out your podcasts Jay. I was always a big fan of your comedy from the beginning. You lost some street cred with me recently when you kissed Justin Bieber's a*s. The old Jay Mohr would have never done such a thing (I think even you can admit that). I'll definitely check out one of your podcasts. I always kind of wished you were a full-time part of O and A because your appearances are always solid gold. But, you have to follow your passion.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4094010]+1 I totally agree. They should just do this face-to-face on a podcast instead of on the message board. Jay wants SAR to put a name on it. No better way than to do a podcast together. It would probably be the most entertaining podcast ever.

I'll have to check out your podcasts Jay. I was always a big fan of your comedy from the beginning. [B] You lost some street cred with me recently when you kissed Justin Bieber's a*s. [/B]The old Jay Mohr would have never done such a thing (I think even you can admit that). I'll definitely check out one of your podcasts. I always kind of wished you were a full-time part of O and A because your appearances are always solid gold. But, you have to follow your passion.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://hiphopconnection.com/DASHBOARD/V101/cmsb/uploads/kanye_west.jpg[/IMG]

No doubt! Humiliating a teen sensation is always the way to go!

While the thought of a Sar/Jayjay podcast throw down is exactly the kind of pseudo celebrity spotlight I suspect SAR is aiming for (but will never happen), I believe it safe to say SAR would be disposed of like many hecklers before him. Interesting thought for the JI crowd though (myself included). Frankly, I'd rather see a SAR/Francessa throw-down as I could find myself rooting for SAR in that scenario and think he could spin Fatso into a full on rage (assuming Tubby wasn't able to hang up on him.)

Thanks for the link for the podcasts though...they'll suit my drive to/from work well. Especially when Stern takes his vacation seemingly every 2 weeks now.