Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Mohr Podcast

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4094010]+1 I totally agree. They should just do this face-to-face on a podcast instead of on the message board. Jay wants SAR to put a name on it. No better way than to do a podcast together. It would probably be the most entertaining podcast ever.

I'll have to check out your podcasts Jay. I was always a big fan of your comedy from the beginning. You lost some street cred with me recently when you kissed Justin Bieber's a*s. The old Jay Mohr would have never done such a thing (I think even you can admit that). I'll definitely check out one of your podcasts. I always kind of wished you were a full-time part of O and A because your appearances are always solid gold. But, you have to follow your passion.[/QUOTE]

BEIBER FEVER! I was a guest on a talk show and he was the lead guest. No faster way to never get invited back then to make fun of him on national television. Being nice was the smart play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4094096]BEIBER FEVER! I was a guest on a talk show and he was the lead guest. No faster way to never get invited back then to make fun of him on national television. Being nice was the smart play.[/QUOTE]

OK Jayjay, just listened to Mohr Stories 5 (didn't listen to any of the others yet). I actually expected to laugh since you are a comedian, but this one didn't seem like it was meant to be funny. Thought the 1st half of it was boring, including the Keanu Reeves story, but I really enjoyed the Jerry McGuire stories. The audition story and your interactions with Tom Cruise were very interesting. I think there are certainly some life lessons in the audition story.

On a side note, why would you not get invited back if you made fun of Bieber? It's not like you haven't been on that show before and you've been in the business for a while now. Nothing would have happened to you. You've gone soft; it happens to a lot of people.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid is 15 years old. Really? I don't think I have gotten soft, I think I have gotten more rational. Sure I could have blown him up in two seconds. Why? I was there to promote one of my projects, not to make fun of one of his. I am definitely more soft in my stomach. Listen to the 2nd episode with Tom Segura. I think it's more of what you're looking for. I alternate serious with crazy week to week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is SAR going to do any podcasts? That's when I'll get a podcast.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life;4094175]Is SAR going to do any podcasts? That's when I'll get a podcast.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually love to see jayjay b*tchslap SAR the way that Francessa did when SAR called in.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4094148]The kid is 15 years old. Really? I don't think I have gotten soft, I think I have gotten more rational. Sure I could have blown him up in two seconds. Why? I was there to promote one of my projects, not to make fun of one of his. I am definitely more soft in my stomach. Listen to the 2nd episode with Tom Segura. I think it's more of what you're looking for. I alternate serious with crazy week to week.[/QUOTE]

Unrelated:

I thought you did a pretty good job hosting the NHL awards. I know you caught a little flak for some mispronunciations, but some of the stuff was really funny (didn't appreciate the Islander jab though ;))

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4094148]The kid is 15 years old. Really? I don't think I have gotten soft, I think I have gotten more rational. Sure I could have blown him up in two seconds. Why? I was there to promote one of my projects, not to make fun of one of his. I am definitely more soft in my stomach. Listen to the 2nd episode with Tom Segura. I think it's more of what you're looking for. I alternate serious with crazy week to week.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the serious discussions if they are interesting. I can alternate week-to-week with your podcasts. I'll check the rest out. As for Bieber, I wasn't talking about personal attacks against him, but, at least, not kissing his a*s. That kid represents everything that is wrong with the music industry and top 40 radio. Nobody can listen to good music because of the mass production of bubble gum pop music. You understand what I"m talking about. You love Jane's Addiction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4094179]I'd actually love to see jayjay b*tchslap SAR the way that Francessa did when SAR called in.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that would be like watching someone shooting fish in a barrel or stealing candy from a baby. Way too easy for anyone, much less jayjay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;4093554]Holy crap I don't believe I've ever commented on a SAR I thread as I believed he thinks himself a "GOD" on this JET site however I now have a new appreciation for him...well done SAR I, not that you need my approval.

You are now my favorite poster...just keeping it real.[/QUOTE]

I been sayin it for months. Something to be said for a man to speak his mind. Popular or not the man tells it like it is. Most in here are trying to be something they are not in real life. Funny thing is many here hate him because he is real. I don't think you will ever see Sar trying to become a mod so he can have all of that power.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;4094702]I been sayin it for months. Something to be said for a man to speak his mind. Popular or not the man tells it like it is. Most in here are trying to be something they are not in real life. Funny thing is many here hate him because he is real. I don't think you will ever see Sar trying to become a mod so he can have all of that power.[/QUOTE]

Sar also thought Leinart was going to be a great QB.. I think he's funny and does his job well as the Boards biggest provocateur..:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=halfsharkalligatorhalfman;4093728]I agree with SAR in spirit, the landing strip message board really isn't the proper place to advertise a user's personal project, regardless of that user's profile.

[B]This should be in off-topic though[/B] I found it a very entertaining read.[/QUOTE]
    Ding ding ding!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, should we post off topic, self promotion threads here or in the hanger?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;4094761]So, should we post off topic, self promotion threads here or in the hanger?[/QUOTE]
    Depends on who starts the thread I suppose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;4094761]So, should we post off topic, self promotion threads here or in the hanger?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4094829]Depends on who starts the thread I suppose.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/JI/PassiveAggressive.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR 1 you said this thread would get 45 hits. it's up around 51. Is that cool? How should we proceed. Granted it's mostly posters arguing with each other (usually-eventually-always is)How do we dial back the number f hits. Also, since you are the "Helper" that got the hit count up, how many should be delegated to you and how many can I keep for myself? Just checking in to make sure we're still not cool. By the way, what is your real name? I realized I am having a conversation with a person named SAR 1.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4095104]By the way, what is your real name? I realized I am having a conversation with a person named SAR 1.[/QUOTE]

I have it on good authority that his real name is Deke Facington III. But you didn't hear it from me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4095104]SAR 1 you said this thread would get 45 hits. it's up around 51. Is that cool? How should we proceed. Granted it's mostly posters arguing with each other (usually-eventually-always is)How do we dial back the number f hits. Also, since you are the "Helper" that got the hit count up, how many should be delegated to you and how many can I keep for myself? Just checking in to make sure we're still not cool. By the way, what is your real name? I realized I am having a conversation with a person named SAR 1.[/QUOTE]

SAR is short for sardines.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He sure keeps it real...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;4095148]He sure keeps it real...[/QUOTE]

I listened to the first episode of your podcast in the car today. Your white Jew agent is a funny guy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    But I don' wanna go inna water.