Thread: Rangers winger Sean Avery was arrested for alleged battery on a police officer

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangers winger Sean Avery was arrested for alleged battery on a police officer

LA Police Department has confirmed that Rangers winger Sean Avery was arrested at 1 a.m. PT Friday for alleged battery on a police officer

LAPD confirmed that, five hours after the incident, Avery remained in jail.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buccigross

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...ested-la-party

He can't help himself. He has personal issues but I love to watch him play.

Of course, Bettmann has a hard-on for Avery so I imagine a suspension will follow, even if the charges are dropped.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avery is a douche. If Bettman doesn't like him it is because he is a douche. I don't care if you guys are Rangers fans this guy is a zero. I don't even watch hockey and I know that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I'm surprised Avery actually made contact with someone.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did they plunger his asss?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Avery is a douche. If Bettman doesn't like him it is because he is a douche. I don't care if you guys are Rangers fans this guy is a zero. I don't even watch hockey and I know that.
    First of all, Bettmann has no business being a commissioner of the NHL. He's a lawyer/businessman who knew little to nothing about hockey until he became commissioner. And now he pretends to know more about the game and its history. Thank goodness for Google ay Gary?

Avery has cleaned up his act on the ice greatly over the years and is not the dirty player that people like to accuse him of being. Any dirtiness stems from comments aimed at thin-skinned individuals that are deemed to be hurtful. waaaah. Bettmann gives Avery 6 games for his "sloppy seconds" comment yet a POS like Matt Cooke who doesn't care how seriously he'll injure someone and end their career, gets only 10 regular season games for his brutal elbow to the head to a player after repeated offenses throughout his career. But since you don't watch hockey, I wouldn't expect you to know all of that. Just that Avery is a douche.

I don't expect everyone to like Avery. I know he has personal issues and his antics piss off everyone except the majority of Ranger fans. But the guy can play and he's at his best when he's getting under the skin of the best players on the opposing team. There are a lot of douches in the NFL as well. I suppose Braylon Edwards is less of a douche?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Well played.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Well played.

And you are absolutely correct. I can't stand the guy, but he's absolutely an asset to a team when he's doing what he does best, which is getting under the skin of the opponent.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...and the LAPD have NEVER been douches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    First of all, Bettmann has no business being a commissioner of the NHL. He's a lawyer/businessman who knew little to nothing about hockey until he became commissioner. And now he pretends to know more about the game and its history. Thank goodness for Google ay Gary?

Avery has cleaned up his act on the ice greatly over the years and is not the dirty player that people like to accuse him of being. Any dirtiness stems from comments aimed at thin-skinned individuals that are deemed to be hurtful. waaaah. Bettmann gives Avery 6 games for his "sloppy seconds" comment yet a POS like Matt Cooke who doesn't care how seriously he'll injure someone and end their career, gets only 10 regular season games for his brutal elbow to the head to a player after repeated offenses throughout his career. But since you don't watch hockey, I wouldn't expect you to know all of that. Just that Avery is a douche.

I don't expect everyone to like Avery. I know he has personal issues and his antics piss off everyone except the majority of Ranger fans. But the guy can play and he's at his best when he's getting under the skin of the best players on the opposing team. There are a lot of douches in the NFL as well. I suppose Braylon Edwards is less of a douche?
    Sean Avery is a jerk on and off the field. Some friends of mine were at a upscale bar in Manhattan when he walked in with two chicks and you'd think he'd be in a good mood but he was in a foul mood and acted like he was this big deal rock star and how dare anyone ask him for an autograph or even look at him. He's also a notoriously dirty player and a thug. You're a Rangers fan so you don't care.

As for Bettman I could care less. The last halfway decent commisioner any of the major sports had was Tagliubue. Just because Bettman's wrong most of the time doesn't mean he's wrong about Avery being a p*ssy.

Good to see he's cleaned up his act however. Assaulting cops? Wow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    . He's also a notoriously dirty player and a thug. .
    Obviously you're not a hockey fan if you think Avery is a dirty player. Oh and the NBA has the market on thugs....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean Avery is a jerk on and off the field. Some friends of mine were at a upscale bar in Manhattan when he walked in with two chicks and you'd think he'd be in a good mood but he was in a foul mood and acted like he was this big deal rock star and how dare anyone ask him for an autograph or even look at him. He's also a notoriously dirty player and a thug. You're a Rangers fan so you don't care.

As for Bettman I could care less. The last halfway decent commisioner any of the major sports had was Tagliubue. Just because Bettman's wrong most of the time doesn't mean he's wrong about Avery being a p*ssy.

Good to see he's cleaned up his act however. Assaulting cops? Wow.
    You've admitted that you don't watch hockey and by using the word "field," you've painfully proven that. So, how can you make statements about Avery's play? I've never said he was a great guy, but he's not a dirty hockey player. He's a pain in the ass, but he's not dirty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this idiot got to cool his heels for a while lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Well this idiot got to cool his heels for a while lol
    LOLOLOL at the LAPD cop who wasn't shoved by Avery, but rather tripped in Avery's doorway causing physical contact with Avery. But he goes ahead and arrests him anyway! Who's the idiot there?

In case you missed it, charges were dropped.

All exactly why I made my comment above about the LAPD.