Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Terrell Owens be an option? (MERGED)

Question Could Terrell Owens be an option? (MERGED)

Since we have not signed another TE and since we have the avilable cap space, do you think TO could be on our radar?

It would bring size and experience to our recieving core.
    Last edited by jersey joe; 08-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.

We just need someone with experience for WR3, we don't need a guy who isn't going to be happy as a #3. Hell even Cotchery wasn't happy with that role, you think T.O. is? Child please.

All Pro
    I doubt it. Who out of Plax and TO would be willing to be the #3?

Hopefully, Mason signs today.

Jets Insider VIP
    And I thought I hated Plax as a Jet. TO would make me nauseous.

Either way, I'm not buying that as an option. I'm going on little more than faith here but Tanny has something up his sleeve...and it's not TO.

Putting TO and Plax wide with Holmes in the slot is damn scary for the defense. Add Mason for 4 wide sets and vet depth.

All League
    Have there been any rumblings of TO signing anywhere?

Undrafted Free Agent

Jets Must Target Terrell Owens If Derrick Mason Shuns Big Apple

Saw this in Bleacher report......yes I know the source, but I still kind of dug the notion.

Jets Must Target Terrell Owens If Derrick Mason Shuns Big Apple

New York Jets must bring in a veteran receiver to be Mark Sanchez’s safety net after Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress. They cut bait with long-time possession receiver Jerricho Cotchery to land Derrick Mason, but unfortunately for Gang Green, D-Mason is contemplating continuing his career elsewhere.

“I'm told that Derrick Mason has returned to Nashville to mull over his options, weighing NYJ, BAL and TEN. He's going to take a few days,” according to Carroll County Times’ Aaron Wilson on Twitter.

Though Mason is a great receiver, the Jets must extend an offer to the freak of nature that is Terrell Owens.

Owens is the dynamic receiver Sanchez really needs to accelerate his progression. With a terrific trio of Holmes, Burress and Owens, the Jets would soar towards a Super Bowl.

T.O. is still mending from his April ACL surgery, but if any one man can get back to the field and dominate this quickly from the surgery—it’s Terrell Owens.

The man keeps himself in tip-top shape and can now be had a supreme discount rate. He proved last season he can still own cornerbacks with ease as he bounced back with 72 receptions for 983 yards and nine touchdowns. He scored a touchdown in five-straight games, including two multi-touchdown performances. He also put together two 10-reception performances and even recorded 222 yards in Week 4.

Imagine Owens as the No. 3 man in New York to take on nickel corners? He would be unstoppable with his combination of size and speed. More importantly, Sanchez would have three players who fight for every rock.

New York wouldn’t even need to rush back Owens from his injury as they have the skill players to make do without him to start the season. T.O. would serve as much needed reinforcements after the first quarter of the season.

There isn’t a destination more suitable for T.O. than the Jets with the charismatic Rex Ryan. He will make Owens feel comfortable on and off the field. Forget Mason, it’s all about Owens. The Jets would have a supreme playmaker on their hands and they need every impact player possible if they want to reach the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    NO OWENS

GOD NO

NO MOSS

GOD NO

bleacher report bs

All League
    he wont be ready, and wont be at full speed for awhile

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh Please no....

Haha, this team has become a joke... I thought players were lining up to play for Rex? These moves made have made no sense.

OMG THE JETS NEED A #1 WR for thERE #3!!!11!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    um NO and that knee won't be fully ready till 2012 anyway

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

... WORST IDEA EVER!!! ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    OMG THE JETS NEED A #1 WR for thERE #3!!!11!!!!
    And their reasoning is that 1+1+1=3

eh I'll take him over Mason any day. I hate TO big time but come game time no one will give you more go. Steve Smith must really be injured. I would think more teams would be on Clayton and Floyd right now. It is crazy how we seem to be targeting these old fogies right now. Clayton looked great in the few games he played last year. How is he not worth more then Mason?

Yeah,just what our young Qb needs to keep developing,an A**hole like T.O., a player who thinks you can't spell team without ME. Please do us all a favor and keep nonsense like this off the board.

Jets Insider VIP
    well according to noted football guru and authority ajax our team has become a joke

so maybe we can make it a funnier joke by adding two absolute clowns in Owens and Moss

too bad the third stooge, ochostinko is no longer available

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    oh ok you will take a 37 wr coming off knee surgery over a 37 wr coming off a 800 + yard season who is not injured and also good for the locker room...brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    eh I'll take him over Mason any day. I hate TO big time but come game time no one will give you more go. Steve Smith must really be injured. I would think more teams would be on Clayton and Floyd right now. It is crazy how we seem to be targeting these old fogies right now. Clayton looked great in the few games he played last year. How is he not worth more then Mason?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Which Clayton Mark or Michael??