Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AA Rating

AA Rating

S&P just dropped our rating to a doubleAA. Thans Mr Odumba for being a first class *******. There is a job waiting for you in Chicago as a community organizer and assistant Preacher To the Not So Reverend Wright! BYE BYE we need a MAN or Women in the White House not a finger pointer!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4093483]S&P just dropped our rating to a doubleAA. Thans Mr Odumba for being a first class *******. There is a job waiting for you in Chicago as a community organizer and assistant Preacher To the Not So Reverend Wright! BYE BYE we need a MAN or Women in the White House not a finger pointer![/QUOTE]

Boehner bragged that he came away with 98% of what he wanted in the debt ceiling negotiations....

By refusing to include even 1 dollar in revenues i guess the speaker wanted a double AA+ rating and it seems he was successful....

A.A.

1. We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable.

[url]http://www.aa.org/[/url]

:jets17

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4093483]S&P just dropped our rating to a doubleAA. Thans Mr Odumba for being a first class *******. There is a job waiting for you in Chicago as a community organizer and assistant Preacher To the Not So Reverend Wright! BYE BYE we need a MAN or Women in the White House not a finger pointer![/QUOTE]

In all fairness.....this bull$hit is the creation of at least 12 years of congress. BUSH was perhaps the most inept of them all with fiscal responsibility.

We now have a country that believe in entitlements.

If 50 percent of the country pays tax...and 10 to 15 percent of the country work for the government, who REALLY pays the tax?

"The political brinkmanship of [B][U]recent months[/U][/B] highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective and less predictable than what we previously believed," Standard & Poors said Friday.

Less stable, less effective and less predictable means [B]DITHERING![/B]

And who in Washington, DC is known for dithering?

Answer: Barack Obama. :yes:

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4093564]"The political brinkmanship of [B][U]recent months[/U][/B] highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective and less predictable than what we previously believed," Standard & Poors said Friday.

Less stable, less effective and less predictable means [B]DITHERING![/B]

And who in Washington, DC is known for dithering?

Answer: Barack Obama. :yes:

:jets17[/QUOTE]

Your political system is basically rooted. If you don't know what that term means, it doesn't mean "cheering for", but is a colloquialism for another term starting with the letter "F".

Too many lobby groups, too many blockages to get things done.

Have to say, as much as I hate the Chinese system, at least if something has to be done over there it actually gets done. If they were in massive debt right now (not that they would ever get that way) you can guarantee they'd make the hard decisions to be back in surplus in a very short space of time. Hey, it would probably cost tens of millions of people a lot of suffering, but they'd get it done. If there is any belly-aching or dissent they'd just send in the secret police and have the people concerned arrested. No special interest groups, no lobby groups - the leaders would just go "f*** u all, we have a problem, we're going to fix it - if anyone has an issue with that you can spend a few years planting rice in one of our specially designed gulags". Of course, the same system is also as corrupt as buggery, but I guess that's the downside to it - though is Washington any less corrupt?

The problem with democracy is that so often its mediocracy - Obama is the perfect "democratic" President - has to consult with every other special interest group to get things done, all of whom point in every other direction - everyone is pointing everywhere - ie all over the place - what's needed is someone in power to actually make a decision that is going to hurt quite a number of people but is actually in the end the best decision for the country.

Because the road to everywhere is the road to nowhere; if you can't make a solid decision about where you are going, especially during a crisis - you are well and truly f**ked - or rooted as the saying goes. Dithering is one way of describing it.

Bush 2 was an awful President, but he made some tough decisons. Invading Iraq, though totally wrong on every level (economically not least), at least took some cojones. Obama has shown none of this during this economic crisis, at the precise time his country needs it - he can't even beat the Congress in his own country in a fight.

At this rate, I'm actually hoping some one from the Tea Party gets into power - I'd much prefer this dude Ron Paul, but the Tea Party sounds like they are more electable over there. At least they stand for something solid, and they stood their ground for what it was they represented (and apart from the economic side I have to say I am totally against the other things they stand for, but at least as I say they stand for something and will follow through with it). Obama represents nothing substantial. He sticks his finger into the wind to find out what is the direction for that time than follows it - its leadership by opinion polling and its not what the USA needs right now.

The Bottom Line:

The United States of America has a visionless, directionless, unfocused, undisciplined, teleprompter reading President. A man completely ill-suited for leadership in any organization.

Hence, chaos in Washington, DC.

New York State has a Governor who has vision, direction, focus, and discipline who speaks extemporaneously. That's why/how he gets things done. It's also why he has a 72% approval rating.

Period!

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Black Death;4093593]
    If they were in massive debt right now (not that they would ever get that way) [/QUOTE]
    Except that they are
    [url]http://www.economist.com/node/18775343[/url]

The Tea Party/GOP wanted to bring Obama down and they took the country down to do it. Congrats.

The country was warned months ago to stop spending so much or else.
    The Repubs initially started with high cut plans. Obama threatened to veto. Harry Reid would not even vote on proposals presented by the House.
    In the end the Repubs got the only deal they could and it was weak and loaded with social program fat and other nonsense.
    S&P followed up on their threat. Moddy's and Fitch have us on a watch.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4093689]The country was warned months ago to stop spending so much or else.
    The Repubs initially started with high cut plans. Obama threatened to veto. Harry Reid would not even vote on proposals presented by the House.
    In the end the Repubs got the only deal they could and it was weak and loaded with social program fat and other nonsense.
    S&P followed up on their threat. Moddy's and Fitch have us on a watch.[/QUOTE]

Have you forgotten about the "Grand Bargain" to cut $4 trillion over 10 years that Mr. Boehner was forced to walk away from or are you choosing to ignore it?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    'The [U]single most important thing [/U]we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president”

- Mitch McConnell

i wonder if the tea party had accepted the 4.3 T grand bargain between Obama and Boehner if this would have happened.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4093689]The country was warned months ago to stop spending so much or else.
    S&P followed up on their threat. Moddy's and Fitch have us on a watch.[/QUOTE]

Just to remind you, the US would have very likely avoided being downgraded if she
    - raised revenues or
    - made massive cuts

Which of those did no matter. At all.

[QUOTE=cr726;4093652]The Tea Party/GOP wanted to bring Obama down and they took the country down to do it. Congrats.[/QUOTE]
    The Rethuglican game plan was obvious even before Obama took office.

Forget trying to better the country they put in this dire situation, let's fight the president on everything and watch the country crumble.

They figured by doing nothing but fighting with Obama that he'd take the entire blame for the countries inevitable collapse which would intern get them in the White house again. Unfortunately this 4 year plan has backfired according to the most recent polls. Americans aren't as dumb as the GOP thought.

Approval ratings are down all across the board for everybody.

[QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;4093960]The Rethuglican game plan was obvious even before Obama took office.

Forget trying to better the country they put in this dire situation, let's fight the president on everything and watch the country crumble.

They figured by doing nothing but fighting with Obama that he'd take the entire blame for the countries inevitable collapse which would intern get them in the White house again. Unfortunately this 4 year plan has backfired according to the most recent polls. Americans aren't as dumb as the GOP thought.

Approval ratings are down all across the board for everybody.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. That was funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;4093749]Have you forgotten about the "Grand Bargain" to cut $4 trillion over 10 years that Mr. Boehner was forced to walk away from or are you choosing to ignore it?[/QUOTE]

Ignore it.

Tea party a**hats. Stop spending money...but still insert billions in earmarks for their own districts.

"But but but they're different and stand for fiscal restraint!"...

lolz

[QUOTE=bitonti;4093770]i wonder if the tea party had accepted the 4.3 T grand bargain between Obama and Boehner if this would have happened.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no!

If Barack Obama had a drop of executive blood in his body he would have sought a deal in December of 2010. But Obama is indecisive and couldn't see the obvious if it hit him in the head. Obama does not know how to get ahead of issues to avoid inevitable conflict. So, he just wasted another nine months of his Presidency.

Again, Obama has no business being President of anything! :nono:

[url]http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=06192396-E986-7E0F-9BAEFF45324CA3D1[/url]
    [SIZE="4"][B]
    McConnell plans to make Dems sweat[/B][/SIZE]
    By: Manu Raju
    December 20, 2010 06:25 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has a warning for Democrats seething over his shrewd political tactics: Get used to it.

“There’s much for them to be angst-ridden about,” McConnell said with a chuckle. “If they think it’s bad now, wait till next year.”

[B]Emboldened by Democrats’ decision to scrap an omnibus funding bill and extend the Bush-era tax cuts for two years, McConnell is ready to deploy his larger Republican minority next year, insisting that Democratic leaders will need to bend to his party’s will — particularly on spending issues.
    [/B]
    [B]Indeed, McConnell is signaling that the White House should be prepared in the new Congress to support Republican policies — not the other way around.
    [/B]
    [B]“If the president is willing to do things that we believe in, I don’t think we’re going to say, ‘No, Mr. President, we’re not going to do this any longer because you’re now with us,’” McConnell told POLITICO in his ornate office across from the old Senate chamber. “Any time the president is willing to do what we think is in the best interest of the American people, we have something to talk about.” [/B]

Just because we changed Presidents does not mean that we got out of the 2008 Bush depression. This goes to show that we are still in that depression and should clearly stop calling it a recession

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4094073]Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell[/QUOTE]

Mitch McConnell is a POS. Yee-haw, inbred, redneck, stumpf***ing Kentucky idiot.

:P;):D

I'm Mitch McConnell. I shake my jowls. I'm old, have issues with my prostate, drive slow, drink Sanka, wear polyester pants, listen to Big Band music, don't understand WTF the internet is and hasn't had p*ssy since p*ssy had me. Let me make decisions for the country.