Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Bad News for the Vacationer-In-Chief

Hall Of Fame

More Bad News for the Vacationer-In-Chief

[QUOTE][B]Farm Blaze: What Else Can Go Awry?[/B]

Quick, somebody knock wood or give President Obama a rabbit's foot. The bad luck is unrelenting: A small fire broke out Tuesday morning at the president's Martha's Vineyard vacation retreat.

Per the Vineyard Gazette:

"Chilmark fire chief David Norton said the call came in at 3:30 a.m. from an automatic fire alarm in the farmhouse.

"The fire was in the wall of the main house near a porch that had a gas grill on it. Firefighters had the fire out within a matter of minutes, Mr. Norton said. 'Very small, very contained, extinguished quickly,' the fire chief said. He said the cause of the fire was the gas grill."

Obama is expected to head to the Vineyard later this month for a family break after he wraps up a bus tour of the Midwest. Already there is speculation he could skip the Vineyard or more likely, cut his vacation short to deal with fiscal and economic issues.

The Obama family typically stays at Blue Heron Farm in Chilmark on Martha's Vineyard. The 28.5-acre property features a pool, apple orchard, a basketball court and access to a private beach. The Vineyard Gazette estimated the farm rental rates run from $35K to $50K a week.

The property is privately owned by a Mississippi couple who purchased it after the previous owners died in a plane crash.

Is Obama superstitious? The stock market plunge, the credit downgrade. Earlier this year, a lightning strike hit the president's favorite local golf course at Andrews Air Force Base.

Internet speculation about Obama's propensity for bad luck has noted his tendency to toast world leaders with water, a 2009 teleprompter accident that shattered a reflective sheet of glass and his prediction that the Indianapolis Colts would beat the New Orleans Saints in the 2010 Super Bowl. The Colts lost
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0811/fired_up_7eadc0a2-57db-4a3a-bae7-0e25f4fc89b7.html[/url]

---

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]...the call came in at 3:30 a.m. from an automatic fire alarm in the farmhouse....He said the cause of the fire was the gas grill."[/QUOTE]

I often fire up the barbie at 3am. Much easier than going to Denny's.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well he gets more vacation time. As the President. Which is a perk for him. Unfortunately the same that can be said for us.

Wow, $50k a week... must be some place.

All League
    The last guy spend 859 days on vacation in two terms.

Perhaps the vacationer-in-chief moniker is best left for him.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4099410]The last guy spend 859 days on vacation in two terms.

Perhaps the vacationer-in-chief moniker is best left for him.[/QUOTE]

Who the eff do you think you are bringing facts into this thread?!?

I hope he stays on vacation.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4099410]The last guy spend 859 days on vacation in two terms.

Perhaps the vacationer-in-chief moniker is best left for him.[/QUOTE]

I love that Obama defenders' default is always "Bush was worse".

If that's the only leg you have to stand on, LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4101295]I love that Obama defenders' default is always "Bush was worse".

If that's the only leg you have to stand on, LOL[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the Bushies default defense of "Billy Blowjob was worse".

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc[/url]

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4101167]I hope he stays on vacation.[/QUOTE]

read the article, hes not actually on vacation

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4101309]read the article, hes not actually on vacation[/QUOTE]

what a wonderful man. seriously. a great president.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4101295]I love that Obama defenders' default is always "Bush was worse".

You are correct, that's exactly how I feel about Obama. I am disappointed, not happy that I voted for him - but what was my other choice?

And yes, GWB was very bad for this country - far worse than the guy we have now. This guy inherited 2 wars, a financial crises and a completely unpaid for tax cut.

Did he do anything to improve on it? Sadly, no. In fact, an argument could be made that really the only good thing he's done is killing Bin laden. Thats essentially how I see it.

But still - that's a lot better than the last guy. Don't you agree?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4101334]You are correct, that's exactly how I feel about Obama. I am disappointed, not happy that I voted for him - but what was my other choice?

And yes, GWB was very bad for this country - far worse than the guy we have now. This guy inherited 2 wars, a financial crises and a completely unpaid for tax cut.

Did he do anything to improve on it? Sadly, no. In fact, an argument could be made that really the only good thing he's done is killing Bin laden. Thats essentially how I see it.

But still - that's a lot better than the last guy. Don't you agree?[/QUOTE]

I don't care. Bush is long gone. I'm happy about that. And I'll be happy when this dumb POS is gone too. Bush's suckitude does not lessen Obama's. It is absolutely pathetic to still invoke GWB whenever BHO's failures are brought into the light.

We should be looking forward. Not backwards.

Ok it is another working vacation one of the many working vacations. :eek:

All Pro

Actually, there was absolutely no defense at all. Just stating the obvious that a "Vacationer-In-Chief" label is better representative of the President who vacationed much more frequently.

It would be like calling Pennington an "interception machine" when it's pretty clear that's a better title for Favre.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4101368]I don't care. Bush is long gone. I'm happy about that. And I'll be happy when this dumb POS is gone too. Bush's suckitude does not lessen Obama's. It is absolutely pathetic to still invoke GWB whenever BHO's failures are brought into the light.

We should be looking forward. Not backwards.[/QUOTE]

You can't simply ignore the 8 years Bush was in office, the two wars he started and the tax cut that contributes to our deficit more than any other policy.

Who cuts taxes while engaged in two wars, in two different places, one of them being absolutely unnecessary, and the other being mismanaged from the get-go?

That would be George W Bush. Just because he's out of office, doesn't mean his sh*tstorm of a presidency doesn't affect us today.

Truly, I agree with you, Obama is not good. But his problem is he can't get anything worthwhile done that doesn't involve NAVY Seals.

Bush got a lot done - and none of it has helped us, in fact, it has hurt us.

You want to b*tch about Obamacare or Libya, those are peanuts compared to Iraq, Afghanistan and the Bush Tax Cuts when it comes to the deficit and our debt.

On top of that, the problem with this thread, is the complete hypocrisy in calling this president the 'vacationer-in-chief' while the last guy spent [B]859[/B] days on vacation in 8 years. Christ almighty.

All League
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4101397]Ok it is another working vacation one of the many working vacations. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Let me know if he even comes close to 400 days on "working vacation" or regular vacation.

Because that would still be less than half than the last guy - and I don't remember reading your outrage about it from 2000-2008.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4101368]I don't care. Bush is long gone. I'm happy about that. And I'll be happy when this dumb POS is gone too. Bush's suckitude does not lessen Obama's. It is absolutely pathetic to still invoke GWB whenever BHO's failures are brought into the light.

We should be looking forward. Not backwards.[/QUOTE]

He should be pretty easy to beat in the next election, right?

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4101309]read the article, hes not actually on vacation[/QUOTE]

Bit,

You know reading is for sissies and Democrats.

All League
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4101334]You are correct, that's exactly how I feel about Obama. I am disappointed, not happy that I voted for him - but what was my other choice?

But still - that's a lot better than the last guy. Don't you agree?[/QUOTE]

In 2008 the Dow dropped to under 8000.
    In October 2007 the Dow was at 14160.
    On inauguration day 2009 it was at 8279.

In Jan 2008 unemployment was 5.0 in Jan 2009 it was 7.7.

President Obama took office in Jan 2009. The Obama Administration stopped the economy from sliding off the cliff.

When George Bush left office the economy was a hot stinking mess. Period. The end. Put it in the books.
    Last edited by Buster; 08-13-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: My facts were wrong. my bad