Thread: Superbowl 2012 Tickets

Superbowl 2012 Tickets

I have a chance to buy 2012 superbowl tickets right now in I assume the highest sections of UD EZ. Person is selling me his rights. I think face is like $700. I want to pay like $2,800 for pair, he wants like $3,300 a pair. I figure if Jets get in they are going to be worth a fortune and the only way I can afford to go is to buy now. If good other teams are in it I will go anyhow and what I am trying to figure out what is least they will go for if two so so teams are in it.

I want to pay break even if two so so teams are in it and I sell the tickets to limit downside.

What would most people think is a reasonable price for the tickets now considering it is months away and I don't know who is playing? I do know they are UD EZ seats. So no illusion I will be in row 20 sideline.

I know the tickets are real as they are direct from NFL. He is a corporate sponsor whose company has the seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4099583]I have a chance to buy 2012 superbowl tickets right now in I assume the highest sections of UD EZ. Person is selling me his rights. I think face is like $700. I want to pay like $2,800 for pair, he wants like $3,300 a pair. I figure if Jets get in they are going to be worth a fortune and the only way I can afford to go is to buy now. If good other teams are in it I will go anyhow and what I am trying to figure out what is least they will go for if two so so teams are in it.

I want to pay break even if two so so teams are in it and I sell the tickets to limit downside.

What would most people think is a reasonable price for the tickets now considering it is months away and I don't know who is playing? I do know they are UD EZ seats. So no illusion I will be in row 20 sideline.

I know the tickets are real as they are direct from NFL. He is a corporate sponsor whose company has the seats.[/QUOTE]

Hope for Eagles, last time people mortgaged homes at average 10k per.

All Pro
    Buy them. The least that will happen is you will get your money back. Like
    the above poster states, hope that the Iggles get in. Those dumb baztids
    will sell their first born to see their team play in a SB.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4099606]Buy them. The least that will happen is you will get your money back. Like
    the above poster states, hope that the Iggles get in. Those dumb baztids
    will sell their first born to see their team play in a SB.[/QUOTE]

But if Eagles go I might want to go to see them lose!!! I am going for it!! If Jets are in it I will be super happy at super bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    You should buy some PSLs now.

And then sell them for huge profits in January.

There's your found money for the Super Bowl tickets.

After all.... [B]PSLs are INVESTMENT GOLD !!![/B] :yes::yes::yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4099583]I have a chance to buy 2012 superbowl tickets right now in I assume the highest sections of UD EZ. Person is selling me his rights. I think face is like $700. I want to pay like $2,800 for pair, [B]he wants like $3,300 a pair[/B]. I figure if Jets get in they are going to be worth a fortune and the only way I can afford to go is to buy now. If good other teams are in it I will go anyhow and what I am trying to figure out what is least they will go for if two so so teams are in it.

I know the tickets are real as they are direct from NFL. He is a corporate sponsor whose company has the seats.[/QUOTE]

At $3300 for the pair it does not matter who is in the game. You will not find tickets at this price anywhere once title games are over. Also keep in mind that the seating capacity at Lucas Oil Field is only 63k. Sure, the NFL will try and squeeze in a couple of thousand more seats but that is still substantially less than other stadiums that have hosted the SB. If you do not want them put your guy in touch with me. I will pay cash right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4099583]I have a chance to buy 2012 superbowl tickets right now in I assume the highest sections of UD EZ. Person is selling me his rights. I think face is like $700. I want to pay like $2,800 for pair, he wants like $3,300 a pair. I figure if Jets get in they are going to be worth a fortune and the only way I can afford to go is to buy now. If good other teams are in it I will go anyhow and what I am trying to figure out what is least they will go for if two so so teams are in it.

[B]I know the tickets are real as they are direct from NFL. He is a corporate sponsor whose company has the seats.[/B][/QUOTE]

Just remember that Super Tickets are not so easily transferrable in that he may have to pick them up near the Stadium. Also, the guy could get fired, quit, die or have something happen in the next 6 months that will cause the tickets to disappear (lose his contract with the NFL, etc.). I presume you are paying him now for tickets that will arrive in 5 months, yes?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    A corporate sponsor is trying to raise money right now by selling SB tickets. What company is it? I'd go short the stock.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4099684]Just remember that Super Tickets are not so easily transferrable in that he may have to pick them up near the Stadium. Also, the guy could get fired, quit, die or have something happen in the next 6 months that will cause the tickets to disappear (lose his contract with the NFL, etc.). I presume you are paying him now for tickets that will arrive in 5 months, yes?[/QUOTE]

I am buying the voucher that gurantees two tickets in the UD EZ directly from the NFL that I can confirm is real and purchase is on a credit card.

Basically a sponsor can reassign his right to a superbowl ticket, I purchase his voucher, confirm with NFL it is real and then cash it in. THe NFL will take my name and address to send me tickets. This is not a scalper deal.

I bought something similar for Nets once, I had a coporate sponsor voucher good for one home game in lower level, any game I wanted. I just needed to tell Nets which game.

If I get them I will tell you what I paid, if someone steps in and pays more I will tell you what they paid. I will have or not have them in next week

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4099586]Hope for Eagles, last time people mortgaged homes at average 10k per.[/QUOTE]

all that just to see your quaterback puke in the end zone.

OP. You really should buy those. The prices started getting nuts (more so than usual) last year when the Jets were in the AFC Championship game.

[QUOTE=petejet;4099660]If you do not want them put your guy in touch with me. I will pay cash right now.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4099795]all that just to see your quaterback puke in the end zone.

OP. You really should buy those. The prices started getting nuts (more so than usual) last year when the Jets were in the AFC Championship game.[/QUOTE]

The pukin' was fine it was the running out of gas, and 3 int's that had to kill them.

Pair Sold

Final price was $3807 for pair. Was good deal as turns out company did a mini auction for pair for a charity. The amount paid over face was tax deductable. I threw out a maz offer of $3,750 and just missed it.

All Pro
    Crazy to think that even with the economy doing what it is, prices for SB tickets are still so damned high.