Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate the people I work with

I hate the people I work with

I've seen my fair share of scumbags in my career, but I've got to say some of the people I work with are just truly evil.

I've lost my motivation to work due to these asshoIes. I feel the only way to change things is from the inside.

I have no pull and no hooks. I came from the bottom up and tried my best in whatever I did. Thick skin only goes so far and now I'm having trouble containing my temper.

How does everyone deal with their problems at work?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4100621]I've seen my fair share of scumbags in my career, but I've got to say some of the people I work with are just truly evil.

I've lost my motivation to work due to these asshoIes. I feel the only way to change things is from the inside.

I have no pull and no hooks. I came from the bottom up and tried my best in whatever I did. Thick skin only goes so far and now I'm having trouble containing my temper.

How does everyone deal with their problems at work?[/QUOTE]

What's that? You've swallowed gum?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4100621]I've seen my fair share of scumbags in my career, but I've got to say some of the people I work with are just truly evil.

wow - I could have posted that this morning. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP

The knee-jerk response is always alcohol and/or drug abuse.

What do you do and where do you work? How large a company is it?

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4100740]The knee-jerk response is always alcohol and/or drug abuse.

What do you do and where do you work? How large a company is it?[/QUOTE]

Those are good questions. I think there are a few more relevant ones though.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

did someone steal all the Splenda??

All Pro
    You need to get a better pimp.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I hesitate to start expressing myself in this thread, because if I did, I would make DWC look like a billboard writer.

Just way too much material....not sure if unleashing the repressed anger and resentment and hatred would be healthy. At least not as healthy as drowning it with alcohol.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4100750]You need to get a better pimp.[/QUOTE]
    TBP=The Better Pimp?

You know there is a Business and Networking forum here at JI pal.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh, and if it was fun they wouldn't call it "work".

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool - 20 questions---are you a salesman of some sort?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=EM31;4100760]TBP=The Better Pimp?

[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, I sea whut u did there.... :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4100758]I hesitate to start expressing myself in this thread, because if I did, I would make DWC look like a billboard writer.

Just way too much material....not sure if unleashing the repressed anger and resentment and hatred would be healthy. [b]At least not as healthy as drowning it with alcohol.[/b][/QUOTE]

Words from the enlightened one. From his lips to your ears grasshopper!

Jets Insider VIP
    And it gets even worse when you bring the pizza to the customer and the stupid lady undertips you when you're a little late.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4100748]did someone steal all the Splenda??[/QUOTE]

There hasn't been a Splenda shortage since I posted that sign.
    You'd be amazed at the tiny things that will set someone off at the office who is on the brink. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    I love my job...were it not for that, I'd of moved out of WNY 2 months after I moved here.

My company has about 150 employees. I can only think of 2, maybe 3 douches. Our company picnics, charity golf outings and xmas parties are a blast. Everyone shows up, gets trashed and 4 or 5 people do something notable while sh*tfaced. We have a policy at our Admin office where we all head down to the pier at 2:30pm on Thursdays and then barhop across town until late. We're just not right.

They'll have to carry me out of this place in a pine box before I quit. Besides, my long term plan is to become Executive Director someday.

turn down the lights, put on allman brothers

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4100814]And it gets even worse when you bring the pizza to the customer and the stupid lady undertips you when you're a little late.[/QUOTE]

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Thanks guys. Made me feel better.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4100950]Thanks guys. Made me feel better.[/QUOTE]

Develop an obsession with the movie "Falling Down" and talk incessantly to your coworkers about what a great piece of cinema it is and how great Michael Douglas was in it. Quote from the movie as often as possible. Hang the movie poster in your cubicle. Invite everyone over for a viewing party...and then invite them again two weeks later, for the same movie "because it's the best movie. Ever."

And then slowly, over the course of a month, start dressing like Michael Douglas did in the movie.