Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does NE usually score so many points?

Why does NE usually score so many points?

even in meaningless preseason games, with backups, they still manage to score over 40 points. cassell did great when brady went down. what is with that system, and why can't more teams copy it? it just doesn't seem like it's mainly brady.

[IMG]http://miamisportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/patriots-spygate.jpg[/IMG]:yes:

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4100745]even in meaningless preseason games, with backups, they still manage to score over 40 points. cassell did great when brady went down. what is with that system, and why can't more teams copy it? it just doesn't seem like it's mainly brady.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you must have missed the memo. Pats will become sucky bottom feeder nobodies once Brady retires. It's all Brady. No....all Belichick....NO...Brady....ummm...it's the system maybe?:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4100745]even in meaningless preseason games, with backups, they still manage to score over 40 points. cassell did great when brady went down. what is with that system, and why can't more teams copy it? it just doesn't seem like it's mainly brady.[/QUOTE]

My guess? Coaching continuity. And having a gifted coach, despite how much I loathe the a**hat, helps.

Look at the majority of teams that have an established culture of winning and teams with multiple titles...they don't have a coaching carousel. The coach, many times, is the face of the team. You think Pats, you think Brady & Bellichick. You think Cowboy 90's Dynasty, you think Aikman & Johnson.

Also, a good relationship between the team owner, GM and coach is good too. Kraft and Bellichick are close...and I couldn't see Kraft dumping Belichicken if they suffered a few losing seasons. I see the same thing in the Jets now with Rex, Tanny and Woody.

One of the main reasons I was happy when Rex joined the Jets. He's a guy I can see coaching her for a long time. And in his short time here already, he's become the face of the team. People think Jets, they think Rex (usually accompanied by weight and fat mouth jokes).

A good, consistent football system elevates mediocre players. Bad, inconsistent systems rely on star players to elevate the whole system.

It's Brady... They had a solid player in Cassel, but it's still Brady.

And it was preseason. Take nothing out of that.

just a well coached team...BB may be a douche but he damn well knows what he's doing.

[IMG]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/137605/137605,1264858063,1/stock-photo-video-camera-on-tripod-isolated-over-white-45587449.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4100777][IMG]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/137605/137605,1264858063,1/stock-photo-video-camera-on-tripod-isolated-over-white-45587449.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

It was funnier the first time it was posted.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=southside;4100781]It was funnier the first time it was posted.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

lol firewall at worked must have blocked it... dicks!

[QUOTE=southside;4100781]It was funnier the first time it was posted.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No. It wasn't.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4100772]It's Brady... They had a solid player in Cassel, but it's still Brady.

And it was preseason. Take nothing out of that.[/QUOTE]

yet, i wonder if jax is thinking this, considering NE's main offensive starters didn't play. why are NE's scrubs able to score so much while other team's scrubs can't?

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4100767]Oh, you must have missed the memo. Pats will become sucky bottom feeder nobodies once Brady retires. It's all Brady. No....all Belichick....NO...Brady....ummm[B]...it's the system maybe[/B]?:cool:[/QUOTE]

Exactly..Bradys just in a good system. Hes overrated.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4100784]No. It wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Soooooooo you're saying mine was funnier? $

[QUOTE=Sanchise;4100788]Exactly..Bradys just in a good system. Hes overrated.[/QUOTE]

So is Belichick. Without Brady he's nothing.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4100790]So is Belichick. Without the cameras he's nothing.[/QUOTE]

fixed

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4100789]Soooooooo you're saying mine was funnier? $[/QUOTE]

That's not what he's saying at all actually. He's just being a Pats boner.

[QUOTE=southside;4100804]That's not what he's saying at all actually. He's just being a Pats boner.[/QUOTE]

I know...........

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4100786]yet, i wonder if jax is thinking this, considering NE's main offensive starters didn't play. why are NE's scrubs able to score so much while other team's scrubs can't?[/QUOTE]

Preseason... You can't take it seriously... I'll give you a million examples of ****ty teams scoring a lot of points with starters and backups.

Hell, there were a couple years when New England couldn't win for their lives in the preseason.

Still just comes down to how good Brady is... I'm a fan of Mallet so I think he's going to be good, and perhaps Hoyer is getting there too.

All League
    Gotta score a lot of points when your defense can't stop a nose bleed

[IMG]http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4d712c7c49e2aed0482a0000/bart-scott.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP

28 points against the Jaguars 3rd and 4th stringers.

[QUOTE]
    But by the time he (Mallett) entered the game at the start of the second half, the Jaguars were playing third- and fourth-string defenders in many spots.
    [/QUOTE]