Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gints Fans on Suicide Watch!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Gints Fans on Suicide Watch!!!

Could anything else go wrong for the girls in Blue?
    1. Burress should have been an easy sign. He is with the Jets.
    2. Smith should have been an easy sign. He is with the Beagles.
    3. Osi is pissed off and disruptive b/c the GM lied to him.
    4. Their first round pick is injured. At best, he'll contribute late in the season.
    5. They have done nothing to improve their team.

And - they are Gints fans which has to suck.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool story bro.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    like the year they moved David Deihl to left tackle...wait, bad example!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Goodfellaz;4100835]Cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

idk why but this is always funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont hate the giants at all, and as a BC grad really hope herzlich does well, but outside of their defensive line which is very deep, there are a lot of question marks throughout that entire team.

Eli throws a lot of picks, mandingham is very inconsistent, jacobs has to be on his last legs, and most importantly their O-line is very patchwork at this point.

Defensively, aside from Kiwi, the LBs are very untested, and both CBs are iffy.

5-11 from the giants this year would not be a huge surprise IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i never thought much about the giants before, but i do now. for sure there's a hometown rivalry, even between the organizations. i want the jets to take over this town and i want it to last for a long while.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And their public relations personnel refer to fans as knuckleheads. Couldn't happen to a nicer team and fan base.

Ran into some of the aforementioned gems not long ago talking about how great of a pick-up Herzlich was. Me over-listening was prompt to shoot that down, referring to Herzlich as the best Defender from Boston College. Not exactly a high quality resume. Football aside, the guy beat cancer and then played football. I respect the guy beyond words but, he will not have an impact and potentially not make the Giants roster. But then again, given the rest of their talent level at the position, maybe he will.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have had an awful off-season, but you never know how that ends up working out. Last year we lost Jenkins early, had Holmes out for 4 games, revis held out and had hammy issues all year, braylon was arrested, taylor was accused of harrasing a reporter and we ended up in the AFC championship game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4100831]Could anything else go wrong for the girls in Blue?
    4. Their first round pick is injured. At best, he'll contribute late in the season.

And - they are Gints fans which has to suck.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hope the Giants fail miserably, none of this makes sense...

1. Plaxico hasn't played in 2 years. The Giants have at least 4 good WRs. They don't need him. I wish the Jets never went near him, but oh well.
    2. Re Steve Smith, see #1. This just gives more of an opportunity to Victor Cruz. That's a good thing.
    3. Whether or not Osi remains, the Giants have plenty of other pass rushers. (Tannenbaum could learn something from Reese.) And if they trade Osi, they will get a lot back.
    4. Injuries happen. He won't miss the whole season.
    5. They didn't have many positions to improve. Even so, they had a solid draft - Austin was a steal.

Don't forget that team was a 4th quarter collapse away from winning their division. They will finish 1st or 2nd and be in the playoffs. Not a doubt in my mind. Obviously I hope I am wrong and they completely implode...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    While a NYJ victory makes me thrilled to death, it gets a lil better when the g-mice lose the same day. Ray Handley was my favorite g-mice coach. I hope for 3-13 for them this year( I want them to beat pats bills and fish thats it)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4100831]Could anything else go wrong for the girls in Blue?

And - they are Gints fans which has to suck.[/QUOTE]

1 Burress hasn't played in 2 years.
    2 Smith will not be any good until week 8 or 9 earliest and may never be as good as he was.
    3 Osi will play. Without a new contract he may be more dangerous and they already have his replacement on the roster.
    4 Yes sad but rookie CBs dont make huge impacts.
    5 Did they really need too? All the talk of WR they still have a stud in Nicks, Manningham, and maybe Hixon. As well as 3 other good prospects one of which they just drafted. I still think they will pick up a CB. There are still 4 or 5 guys that can fill that #3 spot for them this year. Last year their issue was discipline not talent. If Tom can't get that under wraps yeah he will be fired. No way this team has a loosing record and I am not a Giants fan at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;4100984]As much as I hope the Giants fail miserably, none of this makes sense...

1. Plaxico hasn't played in 2 years. The Giants have at least 4 good WRs. They don't need him. I wish the Jets never went near him, but oh well.
    2. Re Steve Smith, see #1. This just gives more of an opportunity to Victor Cruz. That's a good thing.
    3. Whether or not Osi remains, the Giants have plenty of other pass rushers. (Tannenbaum could learn something from Reese.) And if they trade Osi, they will get a lot back.
    4. Injuries happen. He won't miss the whole season.
    5. They didn't have many positions to improve. Even so, they had a solid draft - Austin was a steal.

Don't forget that team was a 4th quarter collapse away from winning their division. They will finish 1st or 2nd and be in the playoffs. Not a doubt in my mind. Obviously I hope I am wrong and they completely implode...[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your evaluations on the risk of Burress and Smith, signing them appeared to be the Giant plan and they failed at executing their plan. The rest of their WR's are mediocre at best. Don't scare anyone.

I think their screwing around with player contracts has hurt them in their ability to sign the guys they want. If you want a guy, give him a decent deal and get it done. If you don't, don't. They have given guys half a's offers and all of them have left.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 08-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4100868]idk why but this is always funny[/QUOTE]

Really? I was thinking the other day that I can't believe that it is still used. My beliefs were confirmed that it was time to retire it when it was on t-shirts at every damn shop along the OC, MD boardwalk this past weekend.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half of their games are against arguably far superior teams (Jets, Pats, Eagles 2x, Cowboys 2x, Green Bay, Saints). If they manage to lose any of their other games, you can pretty much put a fork in them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4101301]Half of their games are against arguably far superior teams (Jets, Pats, Eagles 2x, Cowboys 2x, Green Bay, Saints). If they manage to lose any of their other games, you can pretty much put a fork in them.[/QUOTE]

Just playing devil's advocate here, but couldn't you say the same about us? Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Pats 2x, Ravens, Chargers

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;4101323]Just playing devil's advocate here, but couldn't you say the same about us? Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Pats 2x, Ravens, Chargers[/QUOTE]

I get it but the Jets will be favorites in most of those games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;4101075]Really? I was thinking the other day that I can't believe that it is still used. My beliefs were confirmed that it was time to retire it when it was on t-shirts at every damn shop along the OC, MD boardwalk this past weekend.[/QUOTE]

cool story, bro :cool:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They mine as well not even play then

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4101071]While I agree with your evaluations on the risk of Burress and Smith, signing them appeared to be the Giant plan and they failed at executing their plan. The rest of their WR's are mediocre at best. Don't scare anyone.

I think their screwing around with player contracts has hurt them in their ability to sign the guys they want. If you want a guy, give him a decent deal and get it done. If you don't, don't. They have given guys half a's offers and all of them have left.[/QUOTE]

Nicks is mediocre? 13 games 1052 yards and 11 TDs? Man there are a LOT of mediocre WRs in the league. He is in the same class as DJax and Colston. Mediocre means moderate or low quality. That is just keeping within standards to stay in the league. Manningham is at least average and Dixon has shown more then that as well. There are at least 3 others that have potential to be more then mediocre. So saying "at best" means you have no clue what you are talking about. And if it was true Eli would have to be the best QB of all time considering what he has done with this bunch of mediocre WRs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't count on the Plax signing just yet, as a bad move for them, and a great one for us. That one will take at least 8 games into the season to see. Hopefully our red zone offense improves with Plax. Schotty is still calling the plays:(