Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady & Co. show they’re still worlds ahead of Jets ?????

Brady & Co. show they’re still worlds ahead of Jets ?????

Tom Brady made SunLife Stadium look like his personal playground, picking the Dolphins apart for a career-high 517 yards and four touchdowns. In case anyone was wondering, the best team in the AFC East still resides in Foxborough, Mass. While the Jets looked mediocre in their season-opening victory over Dallas, the Patriots showed no signs of decline

OK so do stats tell the story ? I mean even with 517 yards the Fish still managed to put up a lot of points and the Pats have a habit of running up scores and stats on bad teams. Geez...the Post is way off base here

All League
    I say we should just forfeit the rest of the games. Concentrate on next year and get everyone 100% healthy since this year is shot. We can get Andrew Luck as well. Maybe we will forfeit next year as well since QB's are never good their rookie year. Come back and kick ass in 2013 I say.

Just the new Jets beat writer trying make a name for himself. He might be right but how can we know until they actually play.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... pats put up a more impressive performance than we did ...

... we are both 1-0 at this point ...

... let's see how both of us as well as the fins & cowboys look after week 2 ... i'll probably say to give it at least until week 3's games are in the books before we have a large enough sample size to make a legit statement about how this season looks out of the starting gate ...

l_j_r

All League
    Here are the facts:

- NE did this last year once they got rid of Moss

- NE even did it to us in the regular season

- When the games really counted we shut them down and kicked the crap
    out of them in the playoffs

- NE offense hasn't changed. As I wrote before they are the Mike D'Antoni
    Suns of the NFL. They'll have great regular season numbers but when
    the playoffs come around their "finesse" offense won't work

BB figured out that the nfl has become a passing league, so you should structure the offense to pass on most plays. you need a few TEs to create mismatches and the rbs should all be able to catch well. check out the 2 rbs they just drafted, they are both accomplished pass wrs in college. that's the formula for offensive success. rex needs to get with it, b/c ground and pound doesn't work nearly as well as it did years ago. in colder weather it will work better, but in domes and in warmer weather, the best teams are those that throw more often. look at how the ravens have adapted.

All League
    Another point that all the "media butt kissers" refuse to acknowledge is
    this:

THE JETS BEAT THE MESS OUT OF THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KRL;4143721]Here are the facts:

- NE did this last year once they got rid of Moss

- NE even did it to us in the regular season

- When the games really counted we shut them down and kicked the crap
    out of them in the playoffs

- NE offense hasn't changed. As I wrote before they are the Mike D'Antoni
    Suns of the NFL. They'll have great regular season numbers but when
    the playoffs come around their "finesse" offense won't work[/QUOTE]

+1

At least the Spygate Pats had a hard nose Defense.

The post spygate patriots are so dependent on Brady giving them a large cushion with a glitzy and glamorous offense, but when the playoffs come around they get smacked in the mouth by teams like the Giants, Ravens, and Jets who are 100000 times more physical than they are.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4143701]Tom Brady made SunLife Stadium look like his personal playground, picking the Dolphins apart for a career-high 517 yards and four touchdowns. In case anyone was wondering, the best team in the AFC East still resides in Foxborough, Mass. While the Jets looked mediocre in their season-opening victory over Dallas, the Patriots showed no signs of decline

OK so do stats tell the story ? I mean even with 517 yards the Fish still managed to put up a lot of points and the Pats have a habit of running up scores and stats on bad teams. Geez...the Post is way off base here[/QUOTE]

Are you writing that or someone else?

It would be clearer if you attribute a source of the statement.

If the fish run a QB sneak on 4th and goal they are down by just 7 with almost 5 minutes left. It was a close game. Oh yea, they let Chad Henne throw for almost 400.

I felt so happy as a Jet fan after watching the Pats game. They looked like the same team that lost in the playoffs the last 2 years. Great passing game, lousy running game and deccent defense. I could not be happier.

I just called the league offices, and they said they are going to go ahead and play the rest of the season anyway.

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4143701]Tom Brady made SunLife Stadium look like his personal playground, picking the Dolphins apart for a career-high 517 yards and four touchdowns. In case anyone was wondering, the best team in the AFC East still resides in Foxborough, Mass. While the Jets looked mediocre in their season-opening victory over Dallas, the Patriots showed no signs of decline

OK so do stats tell the story ? I mean even with 517 yards the Fish still managed to put up a lot of points and the Pats have a habit of running up scores and stats on bad teams. Geez...the Post is way off base here[/QUOTE]

NOBODY is AFRAID of the PATS in Jets Land baby.
    WE FEAR NO TEAM!

Brady threw for 417....had it not been for that Welker 99 yard TD. Oh, 470 yards cause he had a 45 yard pass called back. :rolleyes:

Please...making it sound like Brady threw for 700 yards or something.
    417 ----- minus the 99 yard TD that was due to the Dolphin Safety taking a HORRENDOUS!!!! angle.
    The rest of the league may be in awe and all that but the JETS arent.
    Bring them on.
    Bring Brady on.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4143722]BB figured out that the nfl has become a passing league, so you should structure the offense to pass on most plays. you need a few TEs to create mismatches and the rbs should all be able to catch well. check out the 2 rbs they just drafted, they are both accomplished pass wrs in college. that's the formula for offensive success. rex needs to get with it, b/c ground and pound doesn't work nearly as well as it did years ago. in colder weather it will work better, but in domes and in warmer weather, the best teams are those that throw more often. look at how the ravens have adapted.[/QUOTE]

I think your making the point for the jets. Pats will falter on a cold january playoff evening. They should build their team to play in the cold instead of all this finesse stuff. They don't play in a dome. These pats are like the old colts, high powered regular season offense that gets shut down in the playoffs. We've seen it year in year out. This year is no different.

No writer is going to get off their knees for Bill Bellichek and Tom Brady until the era ends 3-4 years from now. So the choices are be jealous, or don't give a s...! I recommend and subscribe to the latter.

Since Rex has been here the Jets have beaten the Pats more than they have beaten us so it should be about the Patriots catching up with the Jets.

[QUOTE=positive;4143763]I think your making the point for the jets. Pats will falter on a cold january playoff evening. They should build their team to play in the cold instead of all this finesse stuff. They don't play in a dome. These pats are like the old colts, high powered regular season offense that gets shut down in the playoffs. We've seen it year in year out. This year is no different.[/QUOTE]

in cold weather playoff games, yes, i think the patriot offense will have more trouble. but my main point is that for the jets offense, they need to re-think ground and pound. they need more quick, short passes to cumberland, LT, mcknight, etc. that gets the chains moving and keeps defenses guessing. if this is mixed in with longer throws and greene's pounding, then they can dictate the pace. but when rex and schotty come out with greene here, greene there, and teams are stacking the box, that's why the jets don't score in 1st quarters.

Veteran
    Who cares if the Patriots put up 600+ yards of offense or even 800 yards? You are only able to get one win a week. Yards and points don't carry over.

It doesn't matter how you look in week 1. Look how bad the Jets looked last year in week 1. This year they didnt look great, but they pulled out the win. The only thing that matters in the NFL is WINS. It doesn't matter how you get them.

The Patriots beat Miami by 14 points in week one and now have the same record as the Jets and Buffalo.

Here's my take on all this:

Did Brady have a remarkable, history making game: yes.
    Did he have it against a top NFL defense: No.
    Did the Pats beat a good NFL team:No.

I look at the pats win with a grain of salt, they put up big numbers on offense against a pretty crappy defense thats not well coached.
    I believe we will get a better look at who the pats really are come this weekend when they play the Chargers :yes: Albiet the chargers didnt look to hot against the vikings lol, they still have Rivers, some crazy good wrs, Gates and a solid D.

When I look at the Jets win I can say that the D worried me a little, but we were going against Romo (aside from his 4th quarter) who is a semi-elite QB and Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, and Jason Whitten.
    Our offense played ok, but that is a Ryan coached Defense (who beat up on Brady with the BROWNS last year) and that front of theirs is ferocious.

The Jets definitely played the better team, the Pats definitely played a better game(except their defense looks turrble). After week 1, much can't be determined, but everything I hear on ESPN and every other station i take with a grain of salt.

All League

This isn't college footbal. It's not about margin of victory and all that crap. The NFL is tough to win in. Getting wins is all that matters. Those Patriots teams that won Super Bowls in the 2000s often won ugly, but they always found a way to win. Good teams find ways to win. The Jets did.