Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Mallett!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4100869]I have seen the post-Brady future.

This guy looks wicked good!!!

Bad news for Jet's fans.[/QUOTE]

I heard he was caught sniffing Brady's underwear.:yes::yes::yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4102232]I heard he was caught sniffing Brady's underwear.:yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

With Brady in them..:yes:

Another cry for help from our resident insecure Pat fan douchebags...

[i]Hey guys, look at our new QB, we are still gonna be the bestest... you'll see[/i]

They try so hard, someday they'll get it.

I love Mallett

if he's playing then Brady is not. Brady is a HOF QB who know how to win...I'm 100% positive it doesn't get worse for us if Malletts in the pocket.

So, the Pats are brilliant for taking him? Not sure I agree. Suppose they trade him for a number 1 in two years. Teams generally value a 2nd this year similar to a 1st next. So, a 3rd now is the equivalent of a 1st two years out. If all works out they would be getting fair value for him but hardly a gold rush.

If all works out for him and Brady goes down they made a good move.

Mallett was an excellent pick for the Pats where they got him. They deserve credit for that, too bad most of the rest of the draft was a horrible effort for the number of picks they had.

[QUOTE=sg3;4100881]Belichick, now that his beloved Estrella and cameras are gone

has invented a new magic pixie dust powder that, sprinkled on any scrubeenie quarterback (a Matt Hoyer or a Brian Mallet or whatever) turns them into supah dupah chowdah stahs....

only prob with Mallet is that he thought it was some more cocaine and swallowed the whole bag[/QUOTE]
    These Pasts trolls are lamentable. They got to do better than pumping up a scrub

Crackheads are bad news for everyone.

Mallet was an outstanding selection by the Patriots.

Every single scouting report on Mallet stated he had all the tools to be a top QB in the NFL: height, vision, arm strength, college experience in a pro-style offense, etc. The only thing holding him back was his immaturity. A million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.

By going to the Pats, a team with an All Pro QB, Mallet has all the time in the world to mature outside of the limelight. On a bad team he'd have to play right away and deal with all of the on-field & off-field pressures. On the Pats he just sits on the bench. And his 3rd round status means the team can keep him there for his entire first contract if necessary and not have it be a financial burden. Mallet can learn from Brady how to be a top QB and team leader. And when Brady retires, Mallet may very well be the next generation.

The pick really was the worst nightmare for any Jets fan.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4102270]Mallett was an excellent pick for the Pats where they got him. They deserve credit for that, too bad most of the rest of the draft was a horrible effort for the number of picks they had.[/QUOTE]

HUH? They drafted their Future LT, got a possible future QB or at the worst, a solid backup after Hoyer leaves, addressed the RB situation with Vareen and Ridley and have one of the top guards in the draft that would have gone in round two if not for his cancer scare.. Should I add in they have another 4 picks in the 1st two rounds.. One of them being the Raiders..

The only pick that is questionable is RAS D (CB).. He's had injury histories in highschool and college.. and after 1 practice, he's hurt..

Pats have never dressed for need. They draft on BPA..

[QUOTE=FF2;4100869]I have seen the post-Brady future.

This guy looks wicked good!!!

Bad news for Jet's fans.[/QUOTE]

Ryan Mallett couldn't operate a forklift at Power Pallet

imo

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4102432]Mallet was an outstanding selection by the Patriots.

Every single scouting report on Mallet stated he had all the tools to be a top QB in the NFL: height, vision, arm strength, college experience in a pro-style offense, etc. The only thing holding him back was his immaturity. A million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.

By going to the Pats, a team with an All Pro QB, Mallet has all the time in the world to mature outside of the limelight. On a bad team he'd have to play right away and deal with all of the on-field & off-field pressures. On the Pats he just sits on the bench. And his 3rd round status means the team can keep him there for his entire first contract if necessary and not have it be a financial burden. Mallet can learn from Brady how to be a top QB and team leader. And when Brady retires, Mallet may very well be the next generation.

The pick really was the worst nightmare for any Jets fan.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure the 3rd Ranked Defense in the NFL is shaking in their cleats.
    :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=mcsully;4102435]HUH? They drafted their Future LT, got a possible future QB or at the worst, a solid backup after Hoyer leaves, addressed the RB situation with Vareen and Ridley and have one of the top guards in the draft that would have gone in round two if not for his cancer scare.. Should I add in they have another 4 picks in the 1st two rounds.. One of them being the Raiders..

The only pick that is questionable is RAS D (CB).. He's had injury histories in highschool and college.. and after 1 practice, he's hurt..

Pats have never dressed for need. They draft on BPA..[/QUOTE]

You guys say that every single year. But the bottom line is out of 51 draft picks in the past 5 years, only SEVEN of them are starters. They've only managed to find 7 starters in the past 5 years, yet suddenly they found 5 this year? uh huh. And on that same note. A lot of good those new picks are going to do for the Patriots. They'll end up trading them, or drafting some more career backups/cut players.
    Last edited by rep; 08-14-2011 at 12:15 AM.

[QUOTE=rep;4102471]You guys say that every single year. But the bottom line is out of 51 draft picks in the past 5 years, only SEVEN of them are starters. They've only managed to find 7 starters in the past 5 years, yet suddenly they found 5 this year? uh huh. And on that same note. A lot of good those new picks are going to do for the Patriots. They'll end up trading them, or drafting some more career backups/cut players.[/QUOTE]

Actually its more than 7.. And I'm being generous here..Just off the top of my head, here is a list of players drafted who have started (not adding the contributions on player who stepped in when key players were out... hernandez being one)

Gronk, Vollmer, Mayo, Spikes, Cunningham, Chung, Merriweather, McCourtey and Mesko

The name of the game is not you're starting 22, its your entire roster.. They've basically replaced Fred Taylor with youth and speed (vareen & ridley) this year and now can take their 1st round pick and ease him into one of the most important positions on this team..

even if the pats only hit on a third of the picks, that means they are walking away with 4 players.. Most teams would die to walk out of a draft knowing they will have 4 players play out their entire contract.. They are playing the %'s

All League
    [QUOTE=mcsully;4102478]Actually its more than 7.. And I'm being generous here..Just off the top of my head, here is a list of players drafted who have started (not adding the contributions on player who stepped in when key players were out... hernandez being one)

Gronk, Vollmer, Mayo, Spikes, Cunningham, Chung, Merriweather, McCourtey and Mesko

The name of the game is not you're starting 22, its your entire roster.. They've basically replaced Fred Taylor with youth and speed (vareen & ridley) this year and now can take their 1st round pick and ease him into one of the most important positions on this team..

even if the pats only hit on a third of the picks, that means they are walking away with 4 players.. Most teams would die to walk out of a draft knowing they will have 4 players play out their entire contract.. They are playing the %'s[/QUOTE]

I got that number from here:
    [url]http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936[/url]

The source list doesn't list what players are counted, so I can't tell if he missed some players. I have a feeling it is only talking about guys who the author views as legitimate every-game starters, but regardless, compared to the rest of the league, it's not very good considering there were 51 overall picks.
    Last edited by rep; 08-14-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    have to agree with Sully

every one of Belis 22 draft choices last April is going to be supah dupah wicked good. Just like all 49 draft packs in 2006 2007 2008 and 2009

pro bowl supah dupah chowdah wicked I tell ya

[QUOTE=rep;4102485]I got that number from here:
    [url]http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936[/url]

The source list doesn't list what players are counted, so I can't tell if he missed some players. I have a feeling it is only talking about guys who the author views as legitimate every-game starters, but regardless, compared to the rest of the league, it's not very good considering there were 51 overall picks.[/QUOTE]

Again it's a percentage game and they r winning it.

I read the article and it's wrong. We have 9 starters not 7. And mayo is by far the best pick.
    Last edited by mcsully; 08-14-2011 at 07:57 AM.

[QUOTE=mcsully;4102435]HUH? They drafted their Future LT, got a possible future QB or at the worst, a solid backup after Hoyer leaves, addressed the RB situation with Vareen and Ridley and have one of the top guards in the draft that would have gone in round two if not for his cancer scare.. Should I add in they have another 4 picks in the 1st two rounds.. One of them being the Raiders..

Pats have never dressed for need. They draft on BPA..[/QUOTE]

Their LT was the worst out of that 1st tier group of LT's.
    The QB pick was a good one I said in case you didn't notice.
    Vareen and Ridely are out of the blue dime a dozen rb picks when they had guys like woodhead and green ellis who did a good enough job in that dept last year.
    They passed up on a host of great young high impact d-lineman and rush ends in a year where the draft was thick with them.

They could have owned this years draft but instead traded away picks for the future (as usual) and passed on a host of great yoiung guys.

They had a horrible draft. Believe me compared to what they could have had the rest of the AFC east smiled when the draft was done and let out a sigh of relief.

[QUOTE=mcsully;4102548]Again it's a percentage game and they r winning it.

I read the article and it's wrong. We have 9 starters not 7. And mayo is by far the best pick.[/QUOTE]

The % strategy is fine, other teams use it as well with success but you do get a lower grade of player in the long run and you very rarely get an elite player by always trading back to get quantity over quality.

If I've learned anything about watching preseason football over the course of my life, it's this: always make judgements on a players entire future in the NFL after one preseason game because it's always so telling.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;4102569]If I've learned anything about watching preseason football over the course of my life, it's this: always make judgements on a players entire future in the NFL after one preseason game because it's always so telling.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with making a judgement on a player before they ever play their 1st ex game because that is exactly what the teams have to do.

Three years down the road to make some proclimation about a player aftrer you know they are good or not is not that helpful because everyone knows if he is good or not.