Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 vs Cowboys

Week 1 vs Cowboys

Hello, friendly Cowboys fan here... I just wanted to speculate on that big matchup week 1 with two of the best teams in the NFL going head to head. Lets delve into the details of the game.

[I][U]QBs.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Cowboys[/B]
    Obviously Romo is better than Sanchez, by far. End of discussion.

[I][U]RBs.[/U][/I] [B]Tie[/B]
    Felix Jones, Choice, and Demarco Murray vs Greene, LT and McKnight (?)

This one is close in my opinion and I will call it a push. Jones and Choice is a good combo of speed and power, and Murray will make an impact game one. I think LT is getting a bit long in the tooth.

[I][U]O Line.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Jets[/B]

The Jets have pro bowlers all over the line, but I think the Cowboys line will really surprise.

[U][I]Receiving Corps.[/I][/U] [B]Edge to Cowboys[/B]
    Holmes, Plax, Mason, Keller vs Austin, Dez, Witten, Ogletree

I think we have a pretty big edge here, Dez is going to explode, Austin is an all pro, and you guys know about Witten. You guys have a nice corps too, but Plax is unproven and Mason is getting older. Holmes is a beast though

[I][U]Secondary.[/U][/I] [B]Slight edge to Jets[/B]
    Jenkins, Newman, Sensabaugh, Elam vs Revis, Cro, Leonhard, Pool (?)

I know Jets have an amazing secondary, but I dont think the Boys secondary is that far behind. Elam is an underrated pickup, and Jenkins and Newman will regain their form in a new defense I believe.

[U][I]LB core[/I][/U]. [B]Tie[/B]
    Harris, Scott, Thomas, Pace vs James, Brooking, Ware, Spencer

I believe this one is a tie. Jets have stud ILB's but I dont think your OLB's are anything special. We are the opposite, we have great OLB's (Ware is the best in the game) but our ILB's arent the best.

[I][U]DLine.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Cowboys.[/B]

The Jets are relying more on younger guys, and lost Ellis, which is a big loss in my opinion. We are more proven here with Bowen, Ratliff, Coleman, Hatcher, Olshansky and Spears.

I think with Rob Ryan at the helm, out defense will catch up with our offense, which is already proven. Look out NFL, here we come.

I believe the week 1 matchup will be a defensive struggle, but in the end Romo and the boys will prevail [B]17-13[/B]
    Last edited by Metro_Irvin; 08-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.

All League
    GFY. Cowboys are hated here.

Veteran
    the only thing that's going to explode is your load all over your avatar.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4100904]GFY. Cowboys are hated here.[/QUOTE]

Im not here to cause trouble I just wanna discuss the game man, its going to be a big game:)

All League
    I can't believe you think secondary is only a[I] slight edge[/I] to the Jets. They're not even in the same league.

Abe Elam is terrible by the way.

[QUOTE=Metro_Irvin;4100898]Hello, friendly Cowboys fan here... I just wanted to speculate on that big matchup week 1 with two of the best teams in the NFL going head to head. Lets delve into the details of the game.

[I][U]QBs.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Cowboys[/B]
    Obviously Romo is better than Sanchez, by far. End of discussion.

[I][U]RBs.[/U][/I] [B]Tie[/B]
    Felix Jones, Choice, and Demarco Murray vs Greene, LT and McKnight (?)

This one is close in my opinion and I will call it a push. Jones and Choice is a good combo of speed and power, and Murray will make an impact game one. I think LT is getting a bit long in the tooth.

[I][U]O Line.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Jets[/B]

The Jets have pro bowlers all over the line, but I think the Cowboys line will really surprise.

[U][I]Receiving Corps.[/I][/U] [B]Edge to Cowboys[/B]
    Holmes, Plax, Mason, Keller vs Austin, Dez, Witten, Ogletree

I think we have a pretty big edge here, Dez is going to explode, Austin is an all pro, and you guys know about Witten. You guys have a nice corps too, but Plax is unproven and Mason is getting older. Holmes is a beast though

[I][U]Secondary.[/U][/I] [B]Slight edge to Jets[/B]
    Jenkins, Newman, Sensabaugh, Elam vs Revis, Cro, Leonhard, Pool (?)

I know Jets have an amazing secondary, but I dont think the Boys secondary is that far behind. Elam is an underrated pickup, and Jenkins and Newman will regain their form in a new defense I believe.

[U][I]LB core[/I][/U]. [B]Tie[/B]
    Harris, Scott, Thomas, Pace vs James, Brooking, Ware, Spencer

I believe this one is a tie. Jets have stud ILB's but I dont think your OLB's are anything special. We are the opposite, we have great OLB's (Ware is the best in the game) but our ILB's arent the best.

[I][U]DLine.[/U][/I] [B]Edge to Cowboys.[/B]

The Jets are relying more on younger guys, and lost Ellis, which is a big loss in my opinion. We are more proven here with Bowen, Ratliff, Coleman, Hatcher, Olshansky and Spears.

I think with Rob Ryan at the helm, out defense will catch up with our offense, which is already proven. Look out NFL, here we come.

I believe the week 1 matchup will be a defensive struggle, but in the end Romo and the boys will prevail [B]17-13[/B][/QUOTE]

Im sorry, i believe i read "slight edge" when discussing our secondary over the cowboys??? Is that possible. Comparing the talent and fact that we have 7 guys returning in the same system is a HUGE advantage. Did you forget that we have the best CB in football?

Aside from QB and WR I dont see anywhere the cowboys are stronger then the jets. Losing ellis is not a big loss whatsoever on the Dline. Most importantly, you are starting a rookie OT, and have new starters all along the Oline....hope they get their blitz calls correct.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

how many playoff games has Tony Romo won?

Two of the best?

Are the Jets playing the Cowboys of the 90s?

I thought the cowboys were 5 - 11 last year?

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    I was willing to play along, until I got to "slight" edge on the secondary. GTFO of here. Cromartie is better than both your corners combined. Revis makes it a no contest.

i'm sorry but every defensive category goes to the Jets.

Jets 21 - Boys 17

QB is closer than you say

Jets have edge at RB.

Receving core is closer than you say

secondary jets have a huge advantage

ryan will help your D but not in the 1st game with no time to implement

[QUOTE=Paradis;4100919]I was willing to play along, until I got to "slight" edge on the secondary. GTFO of here. Cromartie is better than both your corners combined. Revis makes it a no contest.[/QUOTE]

You are underrating Mike Jenkins man, he was a pro bowler before last year, they all tuned out Wade Phillips. Im not condoning it but thats what happened.

You know very well because of Rex that all the players will love playing for Rob. This will really help our D, big time.

This is the 5 - 11 cowboys?

Weren't the cowboys 5 - 11 last year?

6-10, but once we got rid of Wade we played much better.

All Pro
    I think this is a cool story but Im not sure. Luckily I got a bro who specializes in cool stories. Ill ask him what he thinks.

beat me to it. sanchez has more playoff wins (4) than romo (1) in 4 fewer years. that in spite of schitty calling bad plays.

[QUOTE=shuler82;4100914]how many playoff games has Tony Romo won?[/QUOTE]

totally agree about wade. he's okay for about 2 seasons and then his teams start walking all over him. don't know about garrett. he's a red head.

[QUOTE=Metro_Irvin;4100935]6-10, but once we got rid of Wade we played much better.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Metro_Irvin;4100935]6-10, but once we got rid of Wade we played much better.[/QUOTE]

oh, okay, forgive me...The Cowboys *are* one of the best teams in the league. :rolleyes:

Dillusional I'd say.

The Jets D unit as a whole is much better than Dallas. Dallas best receiver will be taken out of the game by Revis. The game will come down to Sanchize ability to move the O. If he comes out slow and tenative like he did against the Ravans last season we will lose. If he plays his game we will win. Dallas D is in the middle of the pack.

On the flip side Dallas will be much better this year than last. They are easily the 2nd best team in the NFC east and a playoff contender. This will be a tough game and a great test for the Jets.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 08-12-2011 at 11:49 AM.