Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Lee Evans on the block

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

WR Lee Evans on the block

Buffalo is looking to trade Lee Evans per ESPN. Not saying I think we should trade for him, but where do you think he ends up?

Oakland anyone? Buffalo can probably get 2 firsts and a second from Crazy Al.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4100955]Buffalo is looking to trade Lee Evans per ESPN. Not saying I think we should trade for him, but where do you think he ends up?

Oakland anyone?[/QUOTE]

Sign this beast. If we could get Lee Evans we'd have the best WR corps in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;4100957]Sign this beast, and I actually mean it. He did a lot of damage to us.[/QUOTE]

where does he play? we have 3 proven vets and kerley

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4100959]where does he play? we have 3 proven vets and kerley[/QUOTE]

We got Mason a touch early. I bet this would've changed the situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No room and they aren't trading him in division.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait till we sign TO!! Seriously.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its either Ravens or Panthers..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How old is he? It seems like he has been around forever and had a terrible year last year...I know he was playing in Buffalo but just 37 catches I think I read....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4100963]Can't wait till we sign TO!! Seriously.[/QUOTE]

You're like a gnat. We're playing the Cowboys on week 1 and you have Dez Bryant as your avatar? What's wrong with you homey

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GangGreen115;4100964]Its either Ravens or Panthers..[/QUOTE]

yeah i can see him ending up in Balt. they need someone badly. i don't see panthers making a trade...they certainly aren't in a win now mode and evans would fit best on a team that is built to win now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4100970]How old is he? It seems like he has been around forever and had a terrible year last year...I know he was playing in Buffalo but just 37 catches I think I read....[/QUOTE]

yea but he had Ryan Fitzpatrick for a QB last year. in 2009 they were splitting time with Trent Edwards. Evans had more TD that TO did he was the real number 1 even if the program didn't show it

Edit: or to put it another way, he was playing along TO in 2009 and in 2010 he was oppossitte Stevie Johnson. Even an older TO opened things up for Lee which is exactly what would happen here with our guys
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 08-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4100963]Can't wait till we sign TO!! Seriously.[/QUOTE]

That could be a possibility cause he won't be ready until after the season starts n JETS will have an idea where Plax is at

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4100975]yeah i can see him ending up in Balt. they need someone badly. i don't see panthers making a trade...they certainly aren't in a win now mode and evans would fit best on a team that is built to win now.[/QUOTE]

That would be an absolute disaster, we should cut Mason and pick up Evans

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;4100980]That would be an absolute disaster, we should cut Mason and pick up Evans[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't call it an absolute disaster...

evans is a really good receiver and i think he could do serious damage from the slot, but i'm totally comfortable going in with Mason.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4100975]yeah i can see him ending up in Balt. they need someone badly. i don't see panthers making a trade...they certainly aren't in a win now mode and evans would fit best on a team that is built to win now.[/QUOTE]

Evans doesnt gave a choice where he goes n Panthers just lost Gettis for season n he was suppose start opposite Steve Smith

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mason over Evans

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GangGreen115;4100986]Evans doesnt gave a choice where he goes n Panthers just lost Gettis for season n he was suppose start opposite Steve Smith[/QUOTE]

i suppose he doesn't have a choice, but i think my point is I can see Balt making a more competitive offer, rather then the panthers...in fact i don't see the panthers making an offer at all...they know they aren't built to win now, so why give something up for another aging WR (opposite steve smith). if anything they are going to give some young talent a look

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4100985]i wouldn't call it an absolute disaster...

evans is a really good receiver and i think he could do serious damage from the slot, but i'm totally comfortable going in with Mason.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a disaster in the fact that they would have Boldin, Housh, Lee Evans and a nasty running game. That would be a superior Ravens team to the group we saw last year.

This could also be the big break the Giants have needed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GangGreen115;4100988]Mason over Evans[/QUOTE]

ur nuts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;4100990]I think it would be a disaster in the fact that they would have Boldin, Housh, Lee Evans and a nasty running game. That would be a superior Ravens team to the group we saw last year.

This could also be the big break the Giants have needed.[/QUOTE]

sure...but as we all know the ravens will go as far as flacco takes them...they can have all the wrs in the world but if flacco doesn't take the next step its all for naught.

and yes, the giants are another potential landing spot IMO, but they will probably give Victor Cruz more time.