Thread: My Theory Re: Extra Cap Space

My Theory Re: Extra Cap Space

This is just my instincts speaking, but I have a gut feeling that Mr T has something up his sleeve.

How bout this?

We couldn't afford to keep Brad Smith. He shuffled off to Buffalo. But we still want to play the wildcat, right?

Don't be surprised if the Jets put in a bid for Terrelle Pryor if he's in the supplemental draft next week. They can start him as the wildcat QB (apparently he runs a 4.3 or 4.4) and see if he can also play H Back/TE/WR.

All for a fraction of the price of Brad Smith!

interesting theory but i don't see it. look how they used their 4th/5th round picks this year. on a potential starting rb and wr. pryor has limited upside as a passing qb.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:thdown2:

l_j_r

[QUOTE=RChiocchi;4101140]This is just my instincts speaking, but I have a gut feeling that Mr T has something up his sleeve.

How bout this?

We couldn't afford to keep Brad Smith. He shuffled off to Buffalo. But we still want to play the wildcat, right?

Don't be surprised if the Jets put in a bid for Terrelle Pryor if he's in the supplemental draft next week. They can start him as the wildcat QB (apparently he runs a 4.3 or 4.4) and see if he can also play H Back/TE/WR.

All for a fraction of the price of Brad Smith![/QUOTE]

he would hardly cost more than $300-400K...So I don't see how this has anything to do with free cap space..

Besides..It's a secret process...For all we know some team may want him so bad they pick him in the 1st round...

Veteran
    Chances are Pryor won't even be eligible for the sup draft due to all the crap that went down with him. Not happening, even if he's miraculously eligible.

All League
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4101158]he would hardly cost more than $300-400K...So I don't see how this has anything to do with free cap space..

Besides..It's a secret process...For all we know some team may want him so bad they pick him in the 1st round...[/QUOTE]

+1 Could maybe the Dolphins be that team? They may be that desperate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;4101158]he would hardly cost more than $300-400K...So I don't see how this has anything to do with free cap space..

Besides..It's a secret process...For all we know some team may want him so bad they pick him in the 1st round...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Don't care much about Pryor.

That being said I would still love to know why the Jets are sitting on this available cap-space that we currently have.

All League
    dumb idea.

Could be that the Jets are keeping the cap space just in case....

if someone useful all of a sudden becomes available (as Lee Evans just did, for example), the Jets can make the move without having to cut anyone or renegotiate.

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4101262]Could be that the Jets are keeping the cap space just in case....

if someone useful all of a sudden becomes available (as Lee Evans just did, for example), the Jets can make the move without having to cut anyone or renegotiate.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely....

God forbid we need a backup qb, Orton makes $7 million a year.

We are going to be looking at veteran Oline depth when teams make cuts, so a swing tackle or backup center/guard wtih experience is gonna get a 1 year contract for $1-2 million.

There are a lot of short term things we can do to bolster our depth with the money, and still not hurt our future cap.

Jets Insider VIP
    no

pryor-ity = zero

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4101244]Don't care much about Pryor.

That being said I would still love to know why the Jets are sitting on this available cap-space that we currently have.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4101262]Could be that the Jets are keeping the cap space just in case....

if someone useful all of a sudden becomes available (as Lee Evans just did, for example), the Jets can make the move without having to cut anyone or renegotiate.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4101286]Absolutely....

God forbid we need a backup qb, Orton makes $7 million a year.

We are going to be looking at veteran Oline depth when teams make cuts, so a swing tackle or backup center/guard wtih experience is gonna get a 1 year contract for $1-2 million.

There are a lot of short term things we can do to bolster our depth with the money, and still not hurt our future cap.[/QUOTE]
    Jason from NYJetsCap.com dropped a nice tidbit yesterday. He said that cap space now basically rolls forward, so any unused capspace this year will roll over to next year giving us more cap room in 2012.

All League
    ^that would mean Tampa would have enough money to field a second team lol

All League
    pryor!!! are u f-ing kidding....i would puke if we picked up that bum....NO F_ING WAY.:steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RChiocchi;4101140]This is just my instincts speaking, but I have a gut feeling that Mr T has something up his sleeve.

How bout this?

We couldn't afford to keep Brad Smith. [B]He shuffled off to Buffalo.[/B] But we still want to play the wildcat, right?

All for a fraction of the price of Brad Smith![/QUOTE]

Admit it. You started this thread just to use that line, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4101318]Jason from NYJetsCap.com dropped a nice tidbit yesterday. [B]He said that cap space now basically rolls forward, so any unused capspace this year will roll over to next year giving us more cap room in 2012[/B].[/QUOTE]

I thought the new CBA said all teams had to spend to the cap limit?

Or is that now turning out not to be true?

All League
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4101636]I thought the new CBA said all teams had to spend to the cap limit?

Or is that now turning out not to be true?[/QUOTE]

in 2013

Jets Insider VIP
    Nope.

We haz WR comin' out our collective a**.

Monday Night!!! Kerley. B*tches!!!

[B][SIZE="7"]CAN'T WAIT!!![/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4101318]Jason from NYJetsCap.com dropped a nice tidbit yesterday. He said that cap space now basically rolls forward, so any unused capspace this year will roll over to next year giving us more cap room in 2012.[/QUOTE]

Where was this confirmed? Definetly need some more info on this.