Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nationwide Fox News Poll - GOP Debate

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4102656]Sadly, the candidates from the GOP that I would vote for over Obama will never get out of the primary due to the fact that the party has gone far right.[/QUOTE]
    Hey, know what's really sad? Electing the most inexperienced and most liberal (ie., "far left") US senator to the office of the President of the United States.

3 years and many disappointments later, US debt is downgraded...and all of a sudden it's time to be selective about candidates.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4102716]Hey, know what's really sad? Electing the most inexperienced and most liberal (ie., "far left") US senator to the office of the President of the United States.

3 years and many disappointments later, US debt is downgraded...and all of a sudden it's time to be selective about candidates.[/QUOTE]

1. Obama to this point, has been a poor leader and president.

2. Bush was a poor leader and president, one that was in office for two terms. And he, and the republicans that controlled the senate and house for six years, absolutely deserve some of the blame for our economic woes.

As for being selective, at least I will have the opportunity to not vote for Obama in 2012. If the republicans put up another corporate mouth piece disguised as a candidate then I will simply not vote in 2012. By the way, how many lemmings followed Karl Rove's orders and jumped off the cliff by voting for Bush in 2012 just because he had this [B](R)[/B] next to his name.

[IMG]http://whatsonmypc.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/image_thumb4.png?w=380&h=250[/IMG]
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-14-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for proving my point.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4102492]Oh please.

First you say none of these guys can beat Obama.

Now you're saying you'd like to see someone who can beat Obama.[/QUOTE]

those two staements are not mutually exclusive.

I do not think Bachmann, Pawlenty, Santorum, or Gingrich can beat Obama.

I don't think Caine, Huntsman or Paul are factors because they won't win the GOP nomination.

I think Romney has a shot but I don't think he can win the nomination.

The only interesting name is Perry and he could win the GOP nom and to be honest, I think he would be a decent challenger. I wouldn't vote for him, but he may be the guy to bring the base together.

[QUOTE]All I ask is that you see the obvious - Obama's re-election chances is in deep-sh*t. [/QUOTE] I think I have said that Obama is very beatable.

I heard all of this in 2003 when Bush's re-election was also in deep-sh*t, how'd that turn out?

If you don't have a candidate to get IND voters you can't win.

[QUOTE]As far as beating him goes, it's which GOP will by how much.[/QUOTE]

that is blind partisan hyperbole.

[QUOTE]As far as you not being satisfied with the GOP crop ... that's like a Pats fan claiming he's frustrated with the Jets lack of defense, so stow the false concern.[/QUOTE]

and there is the point I was making about how you think, see in my lifetime I have voted R more than D, mainly on local elections, but Obama was the first Dem I voted for in a presidential election.

I would gladly pull the lever for a R, I am the IND voter. My voting record shows that regardless of what people glean from my posts here. I could not vote for another right wing jesus freak (I already voted for GWB and that soured me on those guys).

So really, what we have is you alienating the voters you need to beat Obama (maybe not in NY). See, I get blasted as a liberal and having false concern because I am pragmatic.

You may think the GOP can win with a cardboard cut out, but you are wrong. You need someone that people like me would vote for to run.

I am still waiting for that candidate.
    Last edited by piney; 08-14-2011 at 12:50 PM.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4102738]1. Obama to this point, has been a poor leader and president.

2. Bush was a poor leader and president, one that was in office for two terms. And he, and the republicans that controlled the senate and house for six years, absolutely deserve some of the blame for our economic woes.

As for being selective, at least I will have the opportunity to not vote for Obama in 2012. If the republicans put up another corporate mouth piece disguised as a candidate then I will simply not vote in 2012. By the way, how many lemmings followed Karl Rove's orders and jumped off the cliff by voting for Bush in 2012 just because he had this [B](R)[/B] next to his name.

[IMG]http://whatsonmypc.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/image_thumb4.png?w=380&h=250[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    That Wall Street backed Obama hard during the primaries and the general election is and was not a secret. [url]http://uk.reuters.com/article/2008/06/05/analysis-shares-obama-idUKNOA53525520080605[/url]

Yet somehow Obama escaped the label of being a "corporate mouth piece". (Kind of goes full circle back to the "far left" ... mainstream media scrutiny for a candidate is scarce if the right people are loving him)

[QUOTE=shakin318;4102011]
    We're stuck with mediocre (at best) candidates because the media glorifies unqualified naked emperors like Obama on the left, and absolutely eviscerates and destroys any candidate on the right (along with their families). Anyone smart enough to offer real solutions to America's problems is also smart enough to avoid it's political campaigning process like the plague.[/QUOTE]

Obama won because McCain sucked.

[QUOTE=cr726;4102755]Obama won because McCain sucked.[/QUOTE]
    Obama won because Bush sucked. Instead of blaming him all the time, Obama should be thanking him for the opportunity. Americans would probably find the honesty refreshing.

And McCain did suck azz. My stance during the GOP primaries (even though ultimately I admired McCain's unflinching support of the Iraq surge ... a topic where Romney showed his weasely side) was ABM, Anybody But McCain.

Selecting Palin was also probably among the most brilliant VP selections in history. Seriously. He managed to steal Obama's thunder (which HE promptly bungled away during the Wall Street meltdown).

I really don't think this country missed on much without McC in office.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4102755]Obama won because McCain sucked.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it had nothing at all to do with the MSM blowing him daily and blatantly serving as his election committee.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4102929]yeah, it had nothing at all to do with the MSM blowing him daily and blatantly serving as his election committee.[/QUOTE]

The FOX Neocon Channel pumped McSame all day everyday and even tried to push Palin upon us.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4102955]The FOX Neocon Channel pumped McSame all day everyday and even tried to push Palin upon us.[/QUOTE]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000