Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Fox News Poll - GOP Debate

Nationwide Fox News Poll - GOP Debate

[IMG]http://dailybail.com/storage/bat-588.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1313172572425[/IMG]

[url]http://www.topix.com/issue/fox/gop-debate-aug11[/url]

Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers (08/11/2011)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW5I1QmiEuY[/url]

No offense but Paul winning that debate says more about the field then it does about Paul. The debate was pathetic. I do think the exchange between Paul and Santorium on Iran was the most interesting part of the debate.

:wiggum:

:jets17

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4101433]No offense but Paul winning that debate says more about the field then it does about Paul. The debate was pathetic. I do think the exchange between Paul and Santorium on Iran was the most interesting part of the debate.[/QUOTE]

Paul won because he's the only one making even a little bit of sense.

But you're right. It says a lot about the rest of the field. It's like a clown show. Absolutely pathetic that not one decent candidate can come out of this to defeat this POS we have in office now.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4101441]Paul won because he's the only one making even a little bit of sense.

But you're right. It says a lot about the rest of the field. It's like a clown show. Absolutely pathetic that not one decent candidate can come out of this to defeat this POS we have in office now.[/QUOTE]

I thought for the most part Paul was terrible last night with the exception of that one exchange with Santorium when he perked up.

Is the GOP afraid of Obama? If this is the best that they can muster, imo, it certainly gives that appearance

All League
    Paul always wins those unscientific polls on Fox. His supporters, while limited in number, are very enthusiastic.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4101477]Is the GOP afraid of Obama? If this is the best that they can muster, imo, it certainly gives that appearance[/QUOTE]

I agree that this crop of GOP candidates are underwhelming. It reminds me of 2004 against Bush when the best that was Kerry.

I am surprised because Obama is very beatable, but I just don't see these candidates doing it.

Maybe the serious contenders don't like to go against an incumbent.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    To paraphrase every political talking head on TV:

These early debates are usually about who loses.

The candidates who stop getting donations and have staff members leave or just drop out of the race.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=adb280z;4101531]Paul always wins those unscientific polls on Fox. His supporters, while limited in number, are very enthusiastic.[/QUOTE]

Especially when they are off their Meds

:D

[QUOTE=piney;4101710]I am surprised because Obama is very beatable, but I just don't see these candidates doing it.[/QUOTE]
    Okay, piney. I know it breaks your heart, but any of those candidates beats Obama.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4101796]Okay, piney. I know it breaks your heart, but any of those candidates beats Obama.[/QUOTE]

Why does every poll say they won't? Why did the GOP beg Christie and now Perry? The GOP is a mess and the Tea Party is once again making sure no one will vote for them in the Presidential election. Arrogance and God is what the GOP has going for it right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4101852]Why does every poll say they won't? Why did the GOP beg Christie and now Perry? The GOP is a mess and the Tea Party is once again making sure no one will vote for them in the Presidential election. Arrogance and God is what the GOP has going for it right now.[/QUOTE]

even GOD may not be able to help those candidates. SAD state for the GOP IMO.

Then again 80 percent of dems and repubs are basically the same anyway.

Barack Obama has two (2) major problems.

1. In the past month he has been exposed to the world as someone who doesn't possess even the basic skills to be the President of anything. Reading someone else' speech from a teleprompter goes only so far.

And worse

2. The Right Track/Wrong Track poll indicates that [B]73% of Americans think we're on the [U]WRONG[/U] Track[/B]. That's a HUGE problem for any incumbent and if you ask me I think Obama, as well as many democrats, has already thrown-in-the-towel.

[url]http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4101875]2. The Right Track/Wrong Track poll indicates that [B]73% of Americans think we're on the [U]WRONG[/U] Track[/B]. That's a HUGE problem for any incumbent and if you ask me I think Obama, as well as many democrats, has already thrown-in-the-towel.

[url]http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm[/url]

:jets17[/QUOTE]

The same poll was 68% thinking we were on wrong track prior to 2004 election.

Here. Have a straw.

[IMG]http://trmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/straws.jpg[/IMG]

The reason why it seems like we cannot find good candidates is because the media picks who should win by setting the narrative and then the followers follow suit. Many of the other voters begrudgingly subscribe to the theory that "their" party's candidate is the lesser of the 'two evils'.....

The candidates that offer true change are never given an honest opportunity by the media (through how they are covered) because their agenda is often in direct contrast to what is best for the wealthiest 1%. That is why the average American feels underwhelmed by most of the politicians in the country; their best interests are not being represented.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Expect the 'Pubs to run-out-the-clock on the now option-less President Barack Obama.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4101933]Expect the 'Pubs to run-out-the-clock on the now option-less President Barack Obama.

:jets17[/QUOTE]

That's funny, Obama's ground game is what won the election for him last time. I don;t think that he will abandon it this time

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4101856]even GOD may not be able to help those candidates. SAD state for the GOP IMO.

Then again 80 percent of dems and repubs are basically the same anyway.[/QUOTE]

I agree they are the same, but where the GOP goes crazy is worrying about abortion, guns and gays. The GOP claimed Obama was going to take your guns, hasn't happened. Obama has given Wall Street everything they have asked for and he better hope the economy turns around even a little.
    The GOP has no one who can beat him, that I am shocked by.