Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Nationwide Fox News Poll - GOP Debate

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786

    Nationwide Fox News Poll - GOP Debate


  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786

    Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers (08/11/2011)


  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    No offense but Paul winning that debate says more about the field then it does about Paul. The debate was pathetic. I do think the exchange between Paul and Santorium on Iran was the most interesting part of the debate.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,916



  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No offense but Paul winning that debate says more about the field then it does about Paul. The debate was pathetic. I do think the exchange between Paul and Santorium on Iran was the most interesting part of the debate.
    Paul won because he's the only one making even a little bit of sense.

    But you're right. It says a lot about the rest of the field. It's like a clown show. Absolutely pathetic that not one decent candidate can come out of this to defeat this POS we have in office now.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Paul won because he's the only one making even a little bit of sense.

    But you're right. It says a lot about the rest of the field. It's like a clown show. Absolutely pathetic that not one decent candidate can come out of this to defeat this POS we have in office now.
    I thought for the most part Paul was terrible last night with the exception of that one exchange with Santorium when he perked up.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Is the GOP afraid of Obama? If this is the best that they can muster, imo, it certainly gives that appearance

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,705
    Paul always wins those unscientific polls on Fox. His supporters, while limited in number, are very enthusiastic.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Is the GOP afraid of Obama? If this is the best that they can muster, imo, it certainly gives that appearance
    I agree that this crop of GOP candidates are underwhelming. It reminds me of 2004 against Bush when the best that was Kerry.

    I am surprised because Obama is very beatable, but I just don't see these candidates doing it.

    Maybe the serious contenders don't like to go against an incumbent.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    To paraphrase every political talking head on TV:


    These early debates are usually about who loses.

    The candidates who stop getting donations and have staff members leave or just drop out of the race.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Paul always wins those unscientific polls on Fox. His supporters, while limited in number, are very enthusiastic.

    Especially when they are off their Meds


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I am surprised because Obama is very beatable, but I just don't see these candidates doing it.
    Okay, piney. I know it breaks your heart, but any of those candidates beats Obama.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Okay, piney. I know it breaks your heart, but any of those candidates beats Obama.
    Why does every poll say they won't? Why did the GOP beg Christie and now Perry? The GOP is a mess and the Tea Party is once again making sure no one will vote for them in the Presidential election. Arrogance and God is what the GOP has going for it right now.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Why does every poll say they won't? Why did the GOP beg Christie and now Perry? The GOP is a mess and the Tea Party is once again making sure no one will vote for them in the Presidential election. Arrogance and God is what the GOP has going for it right now.
    even GOD may not be able to help those candidates. SAD state for the GOP IMO.

    Then again 80 percent of dems and repubs are basically the same anyway.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,916
    Barack Obama has two (2) major problems.

    1. In the past month he has been exposed to the world as someone who doesn't possess even the basic skills to be the President of anything. Reading someone else' speech from a teleprompter goes only so far.

    And worse

    2. The Right Track/Wrong Track poll indicates that 73% of Americans think we're on the WRONG Track. That's a HUGE problem for any incumbent and if you ask me I think Obama, as well as many democrats, has already thrown-in-the-towel.

    http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm


  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    2. The Right Track/Wrong Track poll indicates that 73% of Americans think we're on the WRONG Track. That's a HUGE problem for any incumbent and if you ask me I think Obama, as well as many democrats, has already thrown-in-the-towel.

    http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm

    The same poll was 68% thinking we were on wrong track prior to 2004 election.

    Here. Have a straw.


  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    The reason why it seems like we cannot find good candidates is because the media picks who should win by setting the narrative and then the followers follow suit. Many of the other voters begrudgingly subscribe to the theory that "their" party's candidate is the lesser of the 'two evils'.....

    The candidates that offer true change are never given an honest opportunity by the media (through how they are covered) because their agenda is often in direct contrast to what is best for the wealthiest 1%. That is why the average American feels underwhelmed by most of the politicians in the country; their best interests are not being represented.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,916
    Expect the 'Pubs to run-out-the-clock on the now option-less President Barack Obama.


  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Expect the 'Pubs to run-out-the-clock on the now option-less President Barack Obama.

    That's funny, Obama's ground game is what won the election for him last time. I don;t think that he will abandon it this time

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    even GOD may not be able to help those candidates. SAD state for the GOP IMO.

    Then again 80 percent of dems and repubs are basically the same anyway.
    I agree they are the same, but where the GOP goes crazy is worrying about abortion, guns and gays. The GOP claimed Obama was going to take your guns, hasn't happened. Obama has given Wall Street everything they have asked for and he better hope the economy turns around even a little.
    The GOP has no one who can beat him, that I am shocked by.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us