Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ihedigbo Speaks Out On Possibility Of Return to Jets

Ihedigbo Speaks Out On Possibility Of Return to Jets

He was recently asked on Facebook what is the deal with him and Gang Green, and he finally spoke out. =(

James Ihedigbo -- ''Im no longer a new York jet wish it was other wise but they don't want me back!!'' - 8/9/11

:( Miss ya Diggz!

There have been a lot of people that the Jets haven't wanted back this offseason, and Ihedigbo is the player that I'm by far least worried about not bringing back! I'm really going to miss those personal fouls on kickoffs, lmao

Makes no sense to not bring him back for a minimal contract.....Digz was great for a spark.....one of our best special teamers, good at rushing the passer when asked to, and had the best celebrations on the team :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4102409]Makes no sense to not bring him back for a minimal contract.....Digz was great for a spark.....one of our best special teamers, good at rushing the passer when asked to, and had the best celebrations on the team :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get why this hasn't happened. He's not going to break the bank, and is a solid all-around contributor.

Guess the Jets are content with the current group of safeties. :(

Maybe it could be a drug problem or something like that, it's strange that they didn't make him at least an offer and stranger still that no one else has come around, Digs is a heck of a special teamer,

Probably waiting for a vet to be cut. Dig is a fav but jags are always available plus no one else is beating down his door and he is usually in good shape so waiting him out make sense

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4102409]Makes no sense to not bring him back for a minimal contract.....Digz was great for a spark.....one of our best special teamers, good at rushing the passer when asked to, and had the best celebrations on the team :cool:[/QUOTE]
    Dig was like a hyena out there, all out effort and bloodthirsty maniac

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4102504]Yeah, I don't get why this hasn't happened. He's not going to break the bank, and is a [B]solid all-around contributor.[/B]

Guess the Jets are content with the current group of safeties. :([/QUOTE]

He can't cover

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4102506]Maybe it could be a drug problem or something like that, it's strange that they didn't make him at least an offer and stranger still that no one else has come around, Digs is a heck of a special teamer,[/QUOTE]

SLIK, can it be because the UDFAs at safety we signed have really caught REX's eye. I have forgotten their names but REX praised both at Fridays presser. If both can play specials as well as cover . maybe REX is willing to give up on a guy who can only play specials and not cover.

Veteran
    Maybe after week one so they don't have to guarantee $$.

All League
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4102506]Maybe it could be a drug problem or something like that, it's strange that they didn't make him at least an offer and stranger still that no one else has come around, Digs is a heck of a special teamer,[/QUOTE]

They DID make him an offer early in free agency. It's been reported that their offer was to match the 1.1M he made last year. He wanted a raise and decided to shop around. In the meantime, the Jets resigned Pool and that other free agent safetly (can't remember his name)...and with Smith also resigning earlier, the Jets no longer felt they had room for Dig. Now, whether that would still stand if he wanted to take a vet minimum type of deal I don't know -- but it is clear that there isn't much room in the Jets D backfield at this point. He'd probably be the 10th DB even if he did resign....they might just want to go younger.

All League

by the way, I think the drug speculation is totally far-fetched....

Dig has been a Rex and Tanny favorite his entire Jet career. never picked up anything negative about him off the field.

i think that he's going to have to wait for someone to get hurt before he gets signed. Too bad for him. Like several Jets this season, he didn't play his cards that well, and should've taken their original offer. Tough off season for everybody, including agents trying to guage the market...uncharted territory made for some big blunders. But I think he gets on a team eventually.

He is a fan favorite and I am sure well liked by the Front Office. However, this is still a business.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;4102614]Maybe after week one so they don't have to guarantee $$.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

All League
    I believe Pool took the contract offer that Ihedigbo was "thinking" about

All League
    Would have been cheap depth

its a mistake to sign special teamers to 2nd contracts. this is also why Brad Smith didn't return.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you remember from the past few seasons, he tends to be a loose cannon at times, including ill-timed stupid penalties. At 15yds/1st down a clip, he's too expensive.

All League
    They can't bring everyone back. Keep in mind the have Smith, Pool, Leonard, Cook, and Lowery at Safety, plus any undrafted fa's they brought in. It probably came down to Pool once he became a possibility again and Ihedigbo. I'd take Pool.

Seemed to be a decent special teams player, but I trust Westhoff's judgement.