Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what will be Schotty's excuse this year?

Hall Of Fame

So what will be Schotty's excuse this year?

Every year, we get the same lame excuses from the usual suspects. Anything to abrogate our schitty OC's responsibility to field a competitive offense. Even an inability to score a single offensive point in a quarter of our games doesn't derail our stalwart defenders of schitty mediocrity.

so what will be the excuse [I]this[/I] year? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Turnover in the WR corps will be a good start point. Sanchez needing to "get in synch" with the new guys.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4102550]Turnover in the WR corps will be a good start point. Sanchez needing to "get in synch" with the new guys.[/QUOTE]

That will definitely be the excuse until about midseason.

Then he'll pull the one good game out of his ass, and they'll start talking about how all is well in Jetland.

Then after he loses another playoff game for us, there will surely be another load of crap they'll start spewing. They'll talk about Sanchez's incredible development under his tutelage, and how the players don't execute properly, even when the opposing team knows exactly what we're about to run, and stacks their defense in the right place to defend it.

It's the same crap the Chad excuse-makers do: Blame everyone else. It's never the obvious guy's fault.

There are no excuses for our offense at all this season. None for the OC, none for the rb's none for the wr's and certainly none for the QB. In the end all good football people know it is the players that make plays and are good enough or not. OC's and DC's are overated on these forums as far as the overall impact they have.

Schitty needs to just simplify his offense. It should just be about out-execution. Put your players in a position to outperform his match up. That simple. He tends to outcoach himself.

[QUOTE=JamesR;4102550]Turnover in the WR corps will be a good start point. Sanchez needing to "get in synch" with the new guys.[/QUOTE]

Funny that, those will be valid excuses trumpeted by people to cover for sanchez if he gets off to a slow start but they will be totally invalid excuses for the oc.

All League
    Won't need one after hoisting up the Lombardi

Banned
    Actually now that I think about it, I figured out the excuse:

"Having Tom Moore looking over his shoulder has been a major distraction for him. It's all Rex's fault!!!!!!"

Mark my words, somebody will use that one. Guaranteed.

August 14, 2011 a month before the 1st game of the 2011 season and we have threads about excuses....SOJFs live on.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4102553]There are no excuses for our offense at all this season. None for the OC, none for the rb's none for the wr's and certainly none for the QB. In the end all good football people know it is the players that make plays and are good enough or not. [B] OC's and DC's are overated on these forums as far as the overall impact they have.[/B][/QUOTE]

I disagree for DC's. OC's maybe, they get hot and cold with their productivity. A team's performance is highly dependent on the QB. However, they do call the games so they have to pick the right plays based on what they think the D is trying to do. Schitty has some retarded playcalls I'm not gonna lie.

But for the defense, OTOH, the DC's have an incredible amount of control. They implement their own schemes. There has to be a reason why Pitt, Balt and now us consistently field the best defensive teams in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4102553]There are no excuses for our offense at all this season. None for the OC, none for the rb's none for the wr's and certainly none for the QB. In the end all good football people know it is the players that make plays and are good enough or not. OC's and DC's are overated on these forums as far as the overall impact they have.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Because Rex got roughly equivalent production out of mostly the same defensive squad that Mangini fielded.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4102553]There are no excuses for our offense at all this season. None for the OC, none for the rb's none for the wr's and certainly none for the QB. In the end all good football people know it is the players that make plays and are good enough or not. OC's and DC's are overated on these forums as far as the overall impact they have.[/QUOTE]

What planet are you from? I always blame the players when I lose in Madden too. Damn players

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4102561]August 14, 2011 a month before the 1st game of the 2011 season and we have threads about excuses....SOJFs live on.[/QUOTE]

+1
    I'd like to talk about what excuse these haters are going to give to explain why we're winning not to give anyone credit for it and why it won't last.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4102561]August 14, 2011 a month before the 1st game of the 2011 season and we have threads about excuses....SOJFs live on.[/QUOTE]

Not only does it live on its now very boring to read on JI constantly. SCHOTTY got us to the AFC championship game with an inexperienced QB two years in a row. I wonder if any of these pundits can tell us why that is so terrible. I expect that with more experience at QB the playcalling will be different. It was only this year that our HC said he was going to open up the Offense more. ANY OC calling plays with one hand tied behind his back who still manages to win , must have some ability. I am sure these DOOM and GLOOM Haters will now be crying foul! This is a TEAM game and the OC as well as the DC must design schems according to the players the GM has provided him with. In addition, the HC sets the direction and tells the OC/ DC what that direction will be. If the OC fails to do what the HC wants he will be replaced. Apparently SCHOTTY has done exactly what REX wanted him to do especially with a young and inexperienced QB. Yet the guy still produced winning Offenses and the DOOM and GLOOM BRIGADE still tries to harpoon the guy!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-14-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Woody56;4102556]Won't need one after hoisting up the Lombardi[/QUOTE]

... this! :yes: ...

... sanchez will step his game up a level ...

... bart & the D will dominate :iwon: ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame

Sorry I think that an OC who can't manage one damn point in a quarter of his games is incompetent.

Of course, that's not really his fault, right? He just runs the offense. People who manage aren't responsible for whether or not they produce. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=freestater;4102579]Sorry I think that an OC who can't manage one damn point in a quarter of his games is incompetent.

Of course, that's not really his fault, right? He just runs the offense. People who manage aren't responsible for whether or not they produce. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So what will your excuse be when we lead the league in points scored, and why will that be the worst thing to ever happen and a reason to whine?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=freestater;4102579]Sorry I think that an OC who can't manage one damn point in a quarter of his games is incompetent.

Of course, that's not really his fault, right? He just runs the offense. People who manage aren't responsible for whether or not they produce. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The OC calls the plays. Its up to the players to produce on the field. if they fail to produce, its the OCs fault? This is a team game. If all parts are clicking, we win! For you to single out the OC is a joke. Please tell us how you would change the offense ( with rex's permission of course) to compensate for the inexperience of Sanchez. Its easy to be critical and try to sound like you know what you are talking about! :eek::eek:

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4102583]So what will your excuse be when we lead the league in points scored, and why will that be the worst thing to ever happen and a reason to whine?[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't know? It's Tom Moore?

Offense does well? Sanchez and Tom Moore.

Offense does poorly? Schitty and his Schitty play-calling.

Defense gets shredded? Schitty should have put more points on the board.

When the team wins, it's in spite of the OC. They lose when the OC forces them to commit turnovers, miss blocks and throw inaccurate passes.

There is no way to avoid this debate all year long, because if the Jets go 16-0 we have only Tom Moore to thank. So people will actually be ripping the OC even if the Jets go undefeated this year.

Schotty was blamed for every drop, fumble and missed assignment that happened last year. So even though we spend all offseason getting excited about the players we pick up in FA and the draft, and getting worked up about the players we lose and don't draft, in the end our teams fortunes apparently come down to the offensive coordinator.

Schotty is definitely not a top OC and there might be someone who can do a better job with Sanchez, but the hate he gets for two consecutive AFCCG appearances with a streaky, unproven QB is amazing.

Especially when the guy who will get all the credit for the offensive success this year had several years where his team's offense didn't show up in the playoffs. And that was with a first-ballot HOFer at QB.

All Pro
    Okay so it's fun to make fun of these guys sometimes. So many people here pick one guy they don't like and then find a way to blame everything on them. There's other people that like a certain coach or player and they can do no wrong.
    In reality it's difficult to be an OC with a young inconsistent QB. You have to know when to reign him in and when to let him loose. It's crazy to say they don't have a ton of impact on the game though, and sometimes Shotty will drive you crazy, but then sometimes he's brilliant and the players let him down. You need to look at each situation as it comes up and so far we haven't played a down yet so this is already kind of ridiculous. It's year three so I think the reigns will be off. Especially since they brought in Moore as a consultant. That leads me to believe they want to open things up. Now we'll see what we have. Why don't we wait and see what we have before we start making excuses? Don't worry I already know the answer to that SOJFs