Thread: New Story: PREVIEW: NY Jets (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

New Story: PREVIEW: NY Jets (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

[B]FLORHAM PARK, NJ -- [/B] How does one go about writing a preview for a football game that's been, roughly, 200 days in the making? Where to even begin? In a game that will seemingly mean nothing, will mean everything to a Jets' Nation group that has been in an aroused mourning since the final whistle blew on the AFC Championship in Pittsburgh last January.

Monday's game in Houston may be over-hyped by few, but it will most definitely be over-analyzed. That's just the recent life of a New York Jet -- a big spotlight made by a bigger head coach...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wesley_sykes/?p=989]More...[/url]

[QUOTE]These guys, with Wilkerson in particular, have been giving the keys to castle. [/QUOTE]

this quoted line, from in the paragraph talking about DE Mo Wilkerson, and DT Kendrick Ellis in the X-FACTORS section, is grammatically incorrect. instead of being 'having been giving the keys to castle', it should be '[I]have[/I] been [I]given[/I] the keys to [I]the[/I] castle'.

this bothered me from an editorial standpoint. who let this slip past? bad job website article editor, whoever you are.
    Last edited by ryanmcg86; 08-15-2011 at 02:10 PM.

All League
    thinkin about this game gets my dick hard

[QUOTE=ryanmcg86;4103268]this quoted line, from in the paragraph talking about DE Mo Wilkerson, and DT Kendrick Ellis in the X-FACTORS section, is grammatically incorrect. instead of being 'having been giving the keys to castle', it should be '[I]have[/I] been [I]given[/I] the the keys to [I]the[/I] castle'.

this bothered me from an editorial standpoint. who let this slip past? bad job website article editor, whoever you are.[/QUOTE]

He must of amended it ... It now reads .. "Wilkerson in particular, have been giving the keys to castle."

Which is STILL wrong ... It should read ... 'have been given' ... Being a English major, this bothers me as well ... Ah well.

All League
    [QUOTE=ryanmcg86;4103268]this quoted line, from in the paragraph talking about DE Mo Wilkerson, and DT Kendrick Ellis in the X-FACTORS section, is grammatically incorrect. instead of being 'having been giving the keys to castle', it should be '[I]have[/I] been [I]given[/I] [B]the the[/B] keys to [I]the[/I] castle'.

this bothered me from an editorial standpoint. [B]who let this slip past?[/B] bad job website article editor, whoever you are.[/QUOTE]

oh, the ironing.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4103299]He must of amended it ... It now reads .. "Wilkerson in particular, have been giving the keys to castle."

Which is STILL wrong ... It should read ... 'have been given' ... Being a English major, this bothers me as well ... Ah well.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/23j1sg6.png[/IMG]

How is that for grammar?

Anyway, great article. Got me very excited for the game and for the season. I really hope we can get some serious production out of our rookies, specifically Kerley and Big Mo.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4103299]He must of amended it ... It now reads .. "Wilkerson in particular, have been giving the keys to castle."

Which is STILL wrong ... It should read ... 'have been given' ... Being[B] a English major[/B], this bothers me as well ... Ah well.[/QUOTE]

more ironing.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=stanner;4103311]more ironing.[/QUOTE]

god, you are on a roll right now :yes:

#winning.

to be fair, i don't have an editor. also, i was italicizing the word 'the', i suppose i ignored the word 'the' once it was italicized, which is why i wrote it a second time. believe me, it kills me that i did something wrong in a post about someone else doing something wrong. its ironic, and more importantly, stupid, of me. but don't ever think that i don't want to be called on it if/when i make mistakes. just, remember that pointing out a grammatical mistake is not a proper retort to someones [I]argument[/I]. thats a cheap cop out. if you want to correct my grammar AND disagree with my argument, thats cool, i've got no beef with that. obviously in this instance i wasn't really making an argument, merely pointing out the error, but still, my point applies towards future posts.