View Poll Results: Dis aguya, he agettina aspecial treadment cos he know aSnacheiz, no? Mingie

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he donta

25 60.98%
  • Yessa he do

16 39.02%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does McKnight get Drafted if He Didn't Have a Relationship with Sanchez

Does McKnight get Drafted if He Didn't Have a Relationship with Sanchez

Does Scottie get drafted?

Mods, can you make this a yes/no poll?

I vote no - it's amazing how much pull in this organization Sanchez has. He pulled hard for Joe McKnight as well.

I don't remember a player having this much pull with a GM ever.
    Last edited by NYJetsro71; 08-15-2011 at 09:09 AM.

So, what kind of relationship are you inferring to?

SAR already wants to have his baby:O

All League
    Not a chance in hell.

He will be cut soon.

What's the big deal? And yes, Sanchez is our "FRANCHISE" QB (I am very happy about that too); so why shouldn't he have a lot of pull in the organization.

Sanchez is the franchise. He BETTER have some say on what goes on in his offense. All the great ones do.

He's a 7th round pick who produced in college has shown some ability in camp.

The better question is "Would fickle fans be giving McKnight such a hard time if he wasn't Sanchez's friend?":rolleyes:

who knows. the jets don't like to waste draft picks even in the lower rounds. by the 7th round teams will draft the best player available and maybe mcknight was. it does sound like he could have been had as a free agent.

He's doing well in camp, that's all that matters.

Who cares? 7th round picks are worth pennies.

scotty Mcknight is the all time leading receiver at Colorado, he's not as terrible a prospect as people make him out to be.

it's not like Dave Yovanovitz, the first time anyone heard of him was when he was drafted

All Pro
    If there were 8 rounds he would have been. No one drafted in the seventh round was a lock to be drafted, so that slight edge of knowing Sanchez put him over the top. So what?

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4103404]Sanchez is the franchise. He BETTER have some say on what goes on in his offense. All the great ones do.[/QUOTE]

LOL....SO HE IS A GREAT ONE....THATS F-ING FUNNY.

I BET THAT IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND.

ALSO BET $$ THE BIG BOYS UP TOP ARE LOOKING AT OTHER OPTIONS AT THAT POSITION IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS.

HE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.

is there really much difference between a 6th, 7th round guy and a priority free agent? they have more or less the same chance of making a team anyway. if the pick keeps the starting qb happy, so be it.

All Pro
    Fck, having two McKnights on one roster sucks... always anwering to the wrong one.

I really don't understand the hate for him. I could see it if he had been taken in the 2nd round but a low 7th round? Come on! He does have some credentials, not first round type, but enough for the team to take a flyer late in the 7th round. And if it makes the franchise qb happy, why not. I trust the coaches enough to know that if he doesn't show something he'll be gone by the end of camp. How many 7th rounders make teams? Some, for sure, but not that many. Who could we have gotten with that pick that we couldn't get anyway?

Are we talking about Scotty or Joe here? Because the answer for both of them is no. Do I have a problem with that? The answer to that question is also no. I also think that we wouldn't have picked up Turner if he hadn't played at USC.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;4103443]LOL....SO HE IS A GREAT ONE....THATS F-ING FUNNY.

ALSO BET $$ THE BIG BOYS UP TOP ARE LOOKING AT OTHER OPTIONS AT THAT POSITION IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS.

HE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.[/QUOTE]

Dude did you expect him to come in and play like Roethlisberger the second he got into the offense? You need to let the guy play his third year for crying out loud. This is the make or break, got it or don't year, so we'll see.

[QUOTE=DBAKE;4103443]LOL....SO HE IS A GREAT ONE....THATS F-ING FUNNY.

HE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.[/QUOTE]

It must suck loving a team so much but rooting againts their most important player..how do you do it?

[QUOTE=skipper;4103466]I really don't understand the hate for him. I could see it if he had been taken in the 2nd round but a low 7th round? Come on! He does have some credentials, not first round type, but enough for the team to take a flyer late in the 7th round. And if it makes the franchise qb happy, why not. I trust the coaches enough to know that if he doesn't show something he'll be gone by the end of camp. How many 7th rounders make teams? Some, for sure, but not that many. Who could we have gotten with that pick that we couldn't get anyway?[/QUOTE]

Devito, Leonard and Bart Scott were all undrafted free agents. You don't throw away a 7th round pick so your QB can have his childhood friend on the team.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4103643]Devito, Leonard and Bart Scott were all undrafted free agents. You don't throw away a 7th round pick so your QB can have his childhood friend on the team.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok you're obviously Mel Kiper and the Jets have no idea what the draft is all about.