View Poll Results: What excuse will Schotty haters use when the offense does well?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Moore is secretly calling the offense from his living room. Schotty is just his microphone.

12 48.00%
  • Sanchez is covering up Schotty's ineptitude. He's checking out of Schitty's calls.

3 12.00%
  • Rex is now calling the offense, he took the control from Schotty.

1 4.00%
  • Aliens abducted Schotty and are now using him as a radio to call the plays.

9 36.00%
  • Other - explain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what are the excuses of the people who blame Schotty for everything going to be wh

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So what are the excuses of the people who blame Schotty for everything going to be wh

Poll coming ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    See?

Even the New Thread button wouldn't let you finish that sentence because it knew just how ridiculous it was.

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we're all rooting for the offense to do well and score a bunch of points.

at the same time, we're aware of the fact that Schotty has been our OC for 5 years and, in that span, our offense has ranged from mediocre to downright embarrassing.

since Schotty's defenders like to minimize his role in the offense's (lack of) success so much, i'm sure they won't have any problems giving Sanchez and Moore all the credit if and when our offense is considerably improved here in 2011.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4103578]Poll coming ...[/QUOTE]

Poll really not necessary. Dump imminent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully we wont need any

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gee let's see, if the offense improves this year who deserves the credit:

a) The OC who's been sh*tting the bed for the last 6 years.
    b) The guy who was brought in specifically to improve the offense

It isn't rocket science.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4103693]Gee let's see, if the offense improves this year who deserves the credit:

a) The OC who's been sh*tting the bed for the last 6 years.
    b) The guy who was brought in specifically to improve the offense

It isn't rocket science.[/QUOTE]

Of course Moore should help the offense improve, the guy is one of the best offensive minds going. Schotty has been grooming Sanchez for 2 years now, so when he plays well I think he should get some credit. It's not easy running an offense with a rookie or inconsistent 2nd year QB.

Schotty hasn't been great and he's had plenty of things to complain about. He hasn't been as terrible as people make it out though. Not everything is his fault.

If the offense is top 10 this year, will you give Schotty credit?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    without a doubt tom moore. i expect to see multiple Tom Moore for OC threads by week 4. ESPECIALLY if Tom Moore is seen talking to Sanchez or Schotty at any given moment.

and frankly I'll say it now. Tom Moore should be the OC of this team. And I say that before ANYTHING happens....he's far more qualified.

Jets are probably thinking "Let's bring in Moore, offense will improve, Schotty will get a HC job and we can amicably move on..."

there's definitely some political stuff going on...probably some tie between the ryan and schottenheimer family.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    :alien:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4103699]Of course Moore should help the offense improve, the guy is one of the best offensive minds going. Schotty has been grooming Sanchez for 2 years now, so when he plays well I think he should get some credit. It's not easy running an offense with a rookie or inconsistent 2nd year QB.

Schotty hasn't been great and he's had plenty of things to complain about. He hasn't been as terrible as people make it out though. Not everything is his fault.

If the offense is top 10 this year, will you give Schotty credit?[/QUOTE]

No.

If you're not doing your job properly, to the point where your boss needs to bring someone else in to improve production, then you don't deserve credit when things get better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4103712]No.

If you're not doing your job properly, to the point where your boss needs to bring someone else in to improve production, then you don't deserve credit when things get better.[/QUOTE]

Rex gets advice from other head coaches.
    Bill Callahan has had a consultant since last season.
    Our d-line coach has Revis' uncle helping.
    Henry Ellard had Isaac Bruce helping.

Getting advice from other smart people is a smart thing to do.

If you're not doing your job properly in the NFL you get fired pretty quickly. How many offensive coordinators have been fired since Schotty has been with the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about:

"We finally have a QB good enough to overcome Schotty's ineptitude"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4103752]How about:

"We finally have a QB good enough to overcome Schotty's ineptitude"[/QUOTE]

That would be option 2, no? Would Schotty then get any credit for grooming Sanchez? Seeing how people blame him for all his faults, he MUST get credit if he does well, right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4103720]Rex gets advice from other head coaches.
    Bill Callahan has had a consultant since last season.
    Our d-line coach has Revis' uncle helping.
    Henry Ellard had Isaac Bruce helping.

Getting advice from other smart people is a smart thing to do.

If you're not doing your job properly in the NFL you get fired pretty quickly. How many offensive coordinators have been fired since Schotty has been with the Jets?[/QUOTE]

:zzz: Wake me up when Woody Johnson brings someone in to help Rex.

There's a difference between seeking advice, and having your boss bring someone in to improve production at your position.

If my boss brings someone in to help me at my job, it's because my performance is lacking in some way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4103786]:zzz: Wake me up when Woody Johnson brings someone in to help Rex.

There's a difference between seeking advice, and having your boss bring someone in to improve production at your position.

If my boss brings someone in to help me at my job, it's because my performance is lacking in some way.[/QUOTE]

That explains Rex, what about the rest of the position coaches you conveniently ignored? My boss might bring someone in to help me at my job if I keep posting on here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4103800]That explains Rex, what about the rest of the position coaches you conveniently ignored? My boss might bring someone in to help me at my job if I keep posting on here.[/QUOTE]

Were they forced on those position coaches, or did they simply volunteer their services?

Somehow I doubt Schotty was jumping up and down, asking Rex to bring Moore in to do his job for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4103805]Were they forced on those position coaches, or did they simply volunteer their services?

Somehow I doubt Schotty was jumping up and down, asking Rex to bring Moore in to do his job for him.[/QUOTE]

So now you're making up the reasons for these people being brought in? You have NO IDEA what you're talking about in regards to that. Neither do I, but I'm not making any claim one way or another.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4103810]So now you're making up the reasons for these people being brought in? You have NO IDEA what you're talking about in regards to that. Neither do I, but I'm not making any claim one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Ok, let's go over your list:

[B]"Bill Callahan has had a consultant since last season."[/B]
    Was it for a lack of production on the OL? The unit has been an area of strength since 2008 (when Callahan came here).

[B]"Our d-line coach has Revis' uncle helping."[/B]
    You answered your own question here. Revis' uncle offers his assistance to help his nephew's team. He wouldn't be here if Revis wasn't.

[B]Henry Ellard had Isaac Bruce helping.[/B]
    The two have a history together. Bruce probably wants to become a coach, and is likely working under Ellard to get some experience.

Now let's look at Schotty/Moore:
    - No history together.
    - Moore has no family connections here.
    - Moore is semi-retired, so no further career aspirations.

Rex explicitly said he was brought in the improve the red zone offense. If it wasn't broke, Rex wouldn't need Moore to fix it.

Nice try, though.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 08-15-2011 at 02:08 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY Jets in 2010
    Sanchez = Bottom of the barrel statistically (accuracy/passer rating)
    Jets Offense = Ranked 13th in points per game

Yeah... Schotty sucks. :rolleyes:

It's kind of funny how "the only stat that matters is wins" argument applies to Sanchez but not to Schottenheimer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4103889]NY Jets in 2010
    Sanchez = Bottom of the barrel statistically (accuracy/passer rating)
    Jets Offense = Ranked 13th in points per game

Yeah... Schotty sucks. :rolleyes:

It's kind of funny how "the only stat that matters is wins" argument applies to Sanchez but not to Schottenheimer.[/QUOTE]

your Sanchez hatred is noted.