Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills release former 1st round pick Aaron Maybin

Bills release former 1st round pick Aaron Maybin

per Schefter

[url]http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2009/03/aaron_maybins_physical_transfo.html[/url]

cant rely on the juice to cut it in the NFL as a rookie, but it can win you millions of dollars on draft day... just ask the GHOST.
    Last edited by MadCroatian; 08-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Aaron Maybin released

Didn't see posted anywhere.

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter[/url][URL="https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter"]https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter[/URL]

not surpised especially with merriman's beast performance.

i know i'll get killed for this, but i'd bring him in for a look.

Jets Insider VIP
    we already had one Vernon Gholston, we don't need a new one

[QUOTE=sg3;4103766]we already had one Vernon Gholston, we don't need a new one[/QUOTE]

+1..il pass on a guy with 24 career tackles in 3 years

Jets Insider VIP
    one gholston was enough for the Jets

[QUOTE=sg3;4103766]we already had one Vernon Gholston, we don't need a new one[/QUOTE]

not sure its the same thing at all.

$50+ mil investment in gholston
    minimum investment in Maybin to see if we can find a spot for him because he does have upside if he can be corrected...and for minimum dollars i'd give him a look for the rest of preseason, and if he doesn't show anything cut him...give westerman some competition.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Bills-linebacker-Aaron-Maybin-the-worst-playe?urn=nfl-280632[/url]

guys. relax. this guy is trash. the jets know it, so do the bills. our roster is fine without more trash, doesnt matter where he was drafted.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4103773]not sure its the same thing at all.

minimum investment in Maybin to see if we can find a spot for him because he does have upside if he can be corrected...and for minimum dollars i'd give him a look for the rest of preseason, and if he doesn't show anything cut him...give westerman some competition.[/QUOTE]
    why not? :dunno:

minimum investment in Maybin to see if we can find a spot for him because he does have upside if he can be corrected...and for minimum dollars i'd give him a look for the rest of preseason, and if he doesn't show anything cut him...give westerman some competition.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. With our depth chart at OLB, we'd be foolish to not bring in every prospect we can. If Maybin looks like Gholston Junior after a couple of weeks, you shake his hand and say goodbye. God forbid we should lose Garret Mcintyre or Brandon Long because we took a flier on a former first round pick.

Belichick will sign him by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

+ 1. Cant hurt to atleast check him out. May be much better as a 3-4 OLB then a 4-3 guy. He need to gain atleast 15 pounds though.

[QUOTE=MadCroatian;4103779][url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Bills-linebacker-Aaron-Maybin-the-worst-playe?urn=nfl-280632[/url]

guys. relax. this guy is trash. the jets know it, so do the bills. our roster is fine without more trash, doesnt matter where he was drafted.[/QUOTE]

yeah for reals. Our pass rush is great as it is. Why bother checking him out...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4103851]Belichick will sign him by the end of the week. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Way too young for Bellicheat.

If effort is his problem, then forget it, but if he was trying to play DE in buffalo at 225 lbs, then it might not necessarily be his fault he was terrible.

Its a riskless move for us to bring him in, and see if he can play standup OLB at all. Worst case he plays a foreign position for the 4th quarter of the 2nd and 3rd preseason game and we see if he can do anything.

Problem is I dont think he can be put on the practice squad, and you cant have a backup LB that doesnt play special teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    As a PSU alum and fan, I watched Maybin a lot in college and I never thought he was a first round talent. And IMO he would be absolutely useless in a 3-4.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4103914]If effort is his problem, then forget it, but if he was trying to play DE in buffalo at 225 lbs, then it might not necessarily be his fault he was terrible.

Its a riskless move for us to bring him in, and see if he can play standup OLB at all. Worst case he plays a foreign position for the 4th quarter of the 2nd and 3rd preseason game and we see if he can do anything.

Problem is I dont think he can be put on the practice squad, and you cant have a backup LB that doesnt play special teams.[/QUOTE]

speaking of special teams...worst case while we work on him do you think he can fill some holes there? after all we have taken some hits to our coverage unit.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We should bring in Gholston for a look after he gets released in a few weeks. Maybe, just maybe he could double his career sack total.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4103914]If effort is his problem, then forget it, but if he was trying to play DE in buffalo at 225 lbs, then it might not necessarily be his fault he was terrible.

Problem is I dont think he can be put on the practice squad, and you cant have a backup LB that doesnt play special teams.[/QUOTE]

He played LB in Buffalo. Given he did nothing for them, I'd be surprised if he suddenly showed much for us.

And I wouldn't say it's a risk free move. If we pick him up, it means less time for one of the guys we already have who's been in camp for a couple of weeks so far. So the real question is, is he a better risk than one of our own young guys?