Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else cooking Burning Anus Wings for the Jet Game?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4106171]Thx. I did some mussels, lobsters and scampi this weekend that came out great. I'll post pics.

_[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a tall order.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4106672]Wow. That's a tall order.[/QUOTE]

Morator.....ahhhh, who are we kidding?!?!? Continue to pick the low-hanging fruit:D

All League
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4106208]Whats in the wing sauce Stokes??? Ever get crazy and try the (Vernon)ghost chili???? You have to wash your hands 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/brita722/ghostchili.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I had wings with ghost chili sauce at Little Pub near me. I LOVE hot food, have never had a problem with it.....but with the ghost wings I felt ****ty for a week.

All League
    Pretty interesting google images for Burning Anus Wings. LMAO images 2-7 :-)

[url]http://www.google.com/search?q=Anyone%20else%20cooking%20Burning%20Anus%20Wings&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi[/url]
    Last edited by TokyoJetsFan; 08-17-2011 at 04:24 AM.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4106658]I can't turn off either of those songs fast enough.

Just so you know.[/QUOTE]

+1 At some point last year, I listened to "Stairway" and enjoyed it again. Without exaggerating, it had been at least five years of ignoring the song or changing the station if it was on the radio. Most likely, it will be another five years before I play it again. Although I appreciate their contribution to rock music, I've never been a huge Doors' fan.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4107127]+1 At some point last year, I listened to "Stairway" and enjoyed it again. Without exaggerating, it had been at least five years of ignoring the song or changing the station if it was on the radio. Most likely, it will be another five years before I play it again. Although I appreciate their contribution to rock music, I've never been a huge Doors' fan.[/QUOTE]

I find stations playing Stairway less and less--I almost never hear it.

My GF put a song on youtube the other day--a song universally killed here that I haven't heard in years-- and I forgot how much I used to like it in my yoot.

Hotel California.

Was listening to the new Troubadour's CD and Linda Ronstadt was singing Desperado, so the GF wanted to hear the Eagles version which is one of her favorite songs--and there was Hotel California down the right hand side.

Not sure why we kill songs from decades ago that we used to love.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4107243]I find stations playing Stairway less and less--I almost never hear it.

My GF put a song on youtube the other day--a song universally killed here that I haven't heard in years-- and I forgot how much I used to like it in my yoot.

Hotel California.

Was listening to the new Troubadour's CD and Linda Ronstadt was singing Desperado, so the GF wanted to hear the Eagles version which is one of her favorite songs--and there was Hotel California down the right hand side.

[B]Not sure why we kill songs from decades ago that we used to love.[/B]

_[/QUOTE]

For me, it's that we were saturated with the tunes on radio during the 70s and 80s.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4106902]I had wings with ghost chili sauce at [B]Little Pub[/B] near me. I LOVE hot food, have never had a problem with it.....but with the ghost wings I felt ****ty for a week.[/QUOTE]

Tavern on 7?

I made the mistake of ordering their wings "hot" and it was a very painful experience for me. Really unenjoyable.

Their "medium" is basically a tick hotter than Frank's Louisiana Red Hot sauce.

Heat for heat's sake just isn't enjoyable to me. I need a LITTLE flavor.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107278]Tavern on 7?

I made the mistake of ordering their wings "hot" and it was a very painful experience for me. Really unenjoyable.

Heat for heat's sake just isn't enjoyable to me. I need a[B] LITTLE[/B] flavor.

_[/QUOTE]

Pfft. Too easy.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107278]Tavern on 7?

Heat for heat's sake just isn't enjoyable to me. I need a LITTLE flavor.

_[/QUOTE]

Tavern on 7?? I've had the hot wings there, I can do those no problem. Tavern on 7 has OK food. I'm tired of going there simply because it's turned into a hangout for most of the kids I could not stand in high school, haha.

Have you not been to The Little Pub? It's about 10 miles away from Tavern, on Rt. 7, in Georgetown/Ridgefield. You will not be let down. Their food is ****ing excellent and they've got a great selection of beer, plus the place is just cool.

Then, if you like that, go a little farther up into Georgetown center and go to the Lumberyard Pub. That's where my friends and I hang out, it's about 6 minutes from my house, always has great beer, and their wings are out of this world. They've got about 15-20 different types, I think. Plus huge burgers, awesome chili...plus if you go on the right nights you will see some nice young ladies...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4107903]Tavern on 7?? I've had the hot wings there, I can do those no problem. Tavern on 7 has OK food. I'm tired of going there simply because it's turned into a hangout for most of the kids I could not stand in high school, haha.

Have you not been to The Little Pub? It's about 10 miles away from Tavern, on Rt. 7, in Georgetown/Ridgefield. You will not be let down. Their food is ****ing excellent and they've got a great selection of beer, plus the place is just cool.

Then, if you like that, go a little farther up into Georgetown center and go to the Lumberyard Pub. That's where my friends and I hang out, it's about 6 minutes from my house, always has great beer, and their wings are out of this world. They've got about 15-20 different types, I think. Plus huge burgers, awesome chili...plus if you go on the right nights you will see some nice young ladies...[/QUOTE]

Tavern is about 45 seconds from my office and they serve THIS on tap (which I had today :D ):

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/Palm_Tavern.jpg[/IMG]

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107908]Tavern is about 45 seconds from my office and they serve THIS on tap (which I had today :D ):

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/Palm_Tavern.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

Haha. Well so does Little Pub, Lumberyard sometimes has it. They are both definitely worth the trip. If you don't get up to Lumberyard, definitely go to Little Pub one night. You're in the Merritt View buildings right? Ever go in to Dalton's Deli?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4107910]Haha. Well so does Little Pub, Lumberyard sometimes has it. They are both definitely worth the trip. If you don't get up to Lumberyard, definitely go to Little Pub one night. You're in the Merritt View buildings right? Ever go in to Dalton's Deli?[/QUOTE]

If I'm driving more than 2 minutes, I'm going to Luca's :D

I've been to Dalton's. Pretty good, but I'm not a big deli guy.

Queue the softball.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4106242]I hate to admit it--but nothing quite so fancy.

Plain and simple Frank's Lousiana Hot Sauce.

The secret is in the wings and the cooking.

I ONLY use Perdue Oven Stuffer Wingettes--never the little wings with the hairy tips on them. You have to use a meaty wing.

I pat them down very dry and I grill them very slowly until they are crispy golden brown--[I]the sauce just gets soaked up into them.[/I]

I throw them in a large tupperware and dump in a goodly amount of hot sauce to fully cover and leave a small pool at the bottom, put the lid on and shake violently.

You will note the top will bow outward as the gasses and heat is emitted by the wings.

But here's the best part--what I like to call the "Texas Book Depository Effect".

Ask an unsuspecting guest--young children are usually the most trusting--and ask them to put their nose up to the edge of the tupperware and inhale as you pop the edge of the lid.

The fumes entering the nasal cavity will shoot an intense pain through the sinuses into the back of the cranium--not unlike what I would imagine Kennedy felt as Oswald delivered his magic bullet.

But you can only get someone with it once.

Stupid people MAYBE twice.

_[/QUOTE]

First tried char-grilled wings when visiting some buddies last year in where else but Syracuse. Very impressive, but I haven't tried making them that way myself yet. I will try in the coming weeks.

Do you mix butter with the hot sauce? Aside from clogging arteries at triple the normal rate, it seems to help the sauce stick to the wings.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=frostlich;4107933]First tried char-grilled wings when visiting some buddies last year in where else but Syracuse. Very impressive, but I haven't tried making them that way myself yet. I will try in the coming weeks.

Do you mix butter with the hot sauce? Aside from clogging arteries at triple the normal rate, it seems to help the sauce stick to the wings.[/QUOTE]

I've never done the butter mixture. When you char-grill them nice and slowly, the outside of the wings is just begging for moisture so they seem to suck up the hot sauce and it clings pretty well.

_

[QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4107903][B]Have you not been to The Little Pub?[/B] It's about 10 miles away from Tavern, on Rt. 7, in Georgetown/Ridgefield. You will not be let down. Their food is ****ing excellent and they've got a great selection of beer, plus the place is just cool.
    [/QUOTE]

oh, Stokes has been there alright.

but he just calls it 'The Pub.'

[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leo5a1vsAE1qcumcx.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4108432]oh, Stokes has been there alright.

but he just calls it 'The Pub.'

[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leo5a1vsAE1qcumcx.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Deek. That made me chuckle. :D

_